Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 11, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #8,011 of 40,595
The XR is not power hungry and I really enjoy the sound quality and pairing with the Opus #2 in balanced. I also have the Kann and it excels in balanced.

Jul 12, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #8,016 of 40,595
Hugo 2 significantly better?
I don't have an Empire Ears IEM on hand to try with the Hugo 2, but given the Hugo 2's performance I'd be willing to guess that they pair exceptionally well. Hopefully some of the folks attending London will be able to hear the combo and let us know what they think. @Canyon Runner, any chance you guys will have a Hugo 2 at your exhibit? I'd love to read impressions with the EE line.

I mean if u dont have any use for the mojo then i guess u can send it my way for free right?
Nice try. :wink: The Hugo 2 is our loaner (Jude commented about how we scramble for it in the London preview video) so while I do have it at the moment, I use the Mojo a lot of the time.

Speaking of, anyone who has the Zeus XR will likely love pairing it with the Mojo (unless they're NaiveSound and get bored ಠ‿↼). I think those two play very nicely together.

Jul 12, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #8,017 of 40,595
Ike warned me that if I move away from mojo I will miss out on the details that mojo is a God at.

But I feel like the treble is less of ideal... I plugged Zeus in my note 5 one day and used bitperfect transmission... The treble wowed me.... Something the Mojo treats with inferiority.

But that's just to show that Zeus XR is really a blank canvas, the Empire Ears drivers behave nicely with EQ.... With minimal distortion even when strained.... Unbelievable iem.... I don't miss the lcd x, hd800, th 900 at all

Jul 12, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #8,018 of 40,595
I received the Effect Audio Ares II today and have been listening to the Zeus since I got home. Ares II pairs real well with the XR.

Jul 12, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #8,019 of 40,595
so zeus XR benefits best when paired with a copper cable ? is this about the R setting or the XIV setting as well ?

btw i had ares but i did not like the synergy with athena so i sold it , will try zeus with a forza audioworks hybrid and a whiplash silver twag v3 i guess

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #8,021 of 40,595
so zeus XR benefits best when paired with a copper cable ? is this about the R setting or the XIV setting as well ?

btw i had ares but i did not like the synergy with athena so i sold it , will try zeus with a forza audioworks hybrid and a whiplash silver twag v3 i guess
Throwing another option, very reasonably priced (respect to Forza for that), the Onso cables from Japan. http://www.onsoproject.com
Bought mine from here http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/cmHea...uct/cmHeader/ / /1?wd=onso&registKeyword=true
90euro cable for the 6N+4N Copper 2pin Rhodium plated connector with gold plated 4.4mm TRRRS. Around 100 shipping incl. Can find the pics in the LCD-i4 thread.
I remember last year at CanJam London trying the Pandora and Samurai III from LabKables. The Samurai III 4cond (like 98.5% Silver, 1% Gold and 0.5% Platinum) gave more omph than my Therium 8, but way too pricey for me. I remember fellow head-fier + volunteer Richard had ended up buying it for his own Empire Zeus :)
I'm perfectly happy about my Onso cable and I don't plan on buying any cable, but it will be fun to try out again the cables and see what goes well with my Zeus and LCD-i4 during CanJam London 2017 this week-end

Jul 13, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #8,022 of 40,595
Don't have many cables to rotate yet (should be getting a nice 8-braid SPC balanced cable today actually), but the Effect Audio Leonidas pairs very nicely with the Zeus-XR in comparison to the stock Whiplash cable. May just be placebo, but seems to add a little body to the sound.

Jul 17, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #8,024 of 40,595
I don't have an Empire Ears IEM on hand to try with the Hugo 2, but given the Hugo 2's performance I'd be willing to guess that they pair exceptionally well. Hopefully some of the folks attending London will be able to hear the combo and let us know what they think. @Canyon Runner, any chance you guys will have a Hugo 2 at your exhibit? I'd love to read impressions with the EE line.

Nice try. :wink: The Hugo 2 is our loaner (Jude commented about how we scramble for it in the London preview video) so while I do have it at the moment, I use the Mojo a lot of the time.

Speaking of, anyone who has the Zeus XR will likely love pairing it with the Mojo (unless they're NaiveSound and get bored ಠ‿↼). I think those two play very nicely together.

I wasn't at the show, but Edd from Chord, hooked it up with whatever the team needed. Hugo 2 was present on our table according to Jack...and pictures. Love me the Hugo2 with our stuff!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back