Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 28, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #7,427 of 40,579
Apr 28, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #7,428 of 40,579
Me as I was unable to even log in until a few hours ago:
IXlr0V.gif
what a cluster**** of a transition
The already read tracker of my subbed threads' gone cuckoo, gotta reread 10-20 pages of each of the threads.

Anyhow, now that I'm getting my bearings back slowy but steadily, glad to share this pic with you all. I had like 23 days of time with the Linum SuperBaX, was awesome.

IMG_20170424_202603.jpg

The joy of having isolation from outside with the freedom of not feeling wearing a cable with the sonic presentation of these two beasts! Think Tarrasque twins for you DnD old school players :deadhorse:

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #7,429 of 40,579
@Cagin Re the unread messages resetting to several days ago I found just jumping ahead to where you last read sets all the previous unread pages to read.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #7,430 of 40,579
@Cagin Re the unread messages resetting to several days ago I found just jumping ahead to where you last read sets all the previous unread pages to read.
Hmm but that what I was doing already :-s

1) Click on the "Unread" right of Watched Treads top right of page

2) Then click on the title of watched thread

3) Scroll to bottom to find the "Go to first unread post"

But that takes me way behind, sometimes up to 20pages, like a month ago even if I had already had read everything up to the maintenance

edit: "Alerts" seem to be the correct way now. It worked just like I wanted just now that you replied. I'm relieved
edit 2: I just noticed that tiny tiny blue dot on the left of the watched threads which directly takes you straight to the last unread post

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #7,432 of 40,579
I have a ZEUS XRA universals and find them amazing with my QP1R. I have been trying different tips and the base response is really much better with a better seal. The large foam type tips like Comply T500 when squeezed prior to insertion only start sealing well after several minutes to allow expansion with heating and time but due to the short sound tube on the ZEUS, deeper canal insertion seems limited and a sudden head turn can break the seal requireing foam compression and reinsertion. This can be annoying. Is there any other tip that would give a tighter, deeper and more lasting seal for best base response?

Apr 30, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #7,433 of 40,579
I have a ZEUS XRA universals and find them amazing with my QP1R. I have been trying different tips and the base response is really much better with a better seal. The large foam type tips like Comply T500 when squeezed prior to insertion only start sealing well after several minutes to allow expansion with heating and time but due to the short sound tube on the ZEUS, deeper canal insertion seems limited and a sudden head turn can break the seal requireing foam compression and reinsertion. This can be annoying. Is there any other tip that would give a tighter, deeper and more lasting seal for best base response?

I've always had the best luck with the double and triple flanges. Congrats on the XRA's friend.

Apr 30, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #7,435 of 40,579
Ok so im about to order my first custom iem soon, SUPRA II ADEL. When all values calculated + import charges to UK it will come to $839.53 + Plus whatever cheapest i can get good silicone impressions for.

Am i going to get almost $900 worth of SQ out of this? hoping it will wipe the foor with AKG612 (£85/$110) and Pinnnacle P1 (£170) If it could match IE800s technicalities but a better balanced sound sig that would be awesome.

Im pretty excited to order and from reading this thread i think its fair to say im expecting phenomenal SQ and customer service! :grin:

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #7,436 of 40,579
23 days is a long time, were you part of the review tour?
Indeed, and also on the Linum waiting list for 2 years now.

Spinfit made dual flange tips too now, you could try those.

Ok so im about to order my first custom iem soon, SUPRA II ADEL. When all values calculated + import charges to UK it will come to $839.53 + Plus whatever cheapest i can get good silicone impressions for.

Am i going to get almost $900 worth of SQ out of this? hoping it will wipe the foor with AKG612 (£85/$110) and Pinnnacle P1 (£170) If it could match IE800s technicalities but a better balanced sound sig that would be awesome.

Im pretty excited to order and from reading this thread i think its fair to say im expecting phenomenal SQ and customer service! :grin:
Will you come to CanJam London in July too? You would be able to hear the entire line up there too. EE's customer service should have its own ISO rating. ISO 1337 aka amazeballs

May 1, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #7,437 of 40,579
The customer service is outstanding, by far the best in audio that I've experienced with yet. Noble and audeze being total garbage in customer service.

I haven't heard supra, but from what others has been saying, price/performance ration in EE line is found at every increment

May 1, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #7,438 of 40,579
Will you come to CanJam London in July too? You would be able to hear the entire line up there too. EE's customer service should have its own ISO rating. ISO 1337 aka amazeballs

Yes i should be! :)

The customer service is outstanding, by far the best in audio that I've experienced with yet. Noble and audeze being total garbage in customer service.

I haven't heard supra, but from what others has been saying, price/performance ration in EE line is found at every increment

Hope its on the same level as IE800,SE846,W60 etc but cant really find anything on it apart from a few reviews but the compare supra to much cheaper iems around $200 mark so im a bit confused :thinking:

May 1, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #7,440 of 40,579

Make sure the audiologist knows what hes doing, instead of being just the cheapest! I'd hate to have to go through all that import/export nonsense again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back