EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound tuning options
Jan 9, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #1,456 of 1,557
  EarSonics introduce VELVET V2:
-More linear frequency response approach.
-Better energetic treble presentation.

Replaces the original version, same price.

Seems more or less the same thing to me. Why bother with more linear freq response and more energetic treble since you can already tune the sound?

Maybe some people found the bass setting on tight is still not linear enough. I haven't listened to a pair of the Velvets so I can't really say though. I plan to get a pair so if someone wants to get a pair when they come out and compare them to the original, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, do you know when these might be released and could you link the source?

EDIT: Just saw them on Earsonics' site.

http://www.earpad.fr/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=31_29&products_id=82

Are they ready to be shipped out though?

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #1,458 of 1,557
really interesting as many liked v1, so i am really interested 

but what are the 3 settings they mention

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #1,459 of 1,557
That's quite interesting.
Maybe better mids on V2?

I was thinking of you when I saw this 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #1,460 of 1,557
I was thinking of you when I saw this :)

The ‎‎funny thing is that last week, I've decided to finally go with the Velvet and I was just about to place an order but I don't know why, I said to wait few more days :)

Btw, I've tried the IE800 with Fiio X7 these days and I must say it was the first time when I was really impressed by their sound. ‎I wasn't expected for such an audible difference, compared with Fiio X5 II and Sony A25.
But, for some tracks, I still had that feeling, which I couldn't exactly describe it initially, until I read one of the ‎flinkenick's ‎posts about the IE800, referring to the lack of ability for filling your headspace with the music.
I don't know what's causing that but it was a very accurate description of what I've felt.

Anyway, coming back to V2, I'm very curious about the changes.

Jan 14, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #1,462 of 1,557
I had both, but I sold the SD4 to keep the Velvet despite a clearer, bigger and more coherent soundstage. The Velvet is just more emotional and powerful.

Jan 17, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #1,464 of 1,557
Hello Friends!

Finally after about 500 years of waiting, my Null-Audio Vitesse Cryo 7N CGOCC-A Pure Copper Earphone Cable (copy/paste lol) has arrived for my Velvets. I need quite a bit more time on sound quality, but so far so good I think. They are noticeably brighter, however, which concerns me just a tad. Bass is still there (the bass that I love about these), but the mids and treble have really been brought forward. Also, I feel like the memory wire did serve a great purpose on these IEMs. Now that I've dropped the memory wire, they feel much less secure. Also, these cables are very large/bulky, though EXTREMELY soft and supple. They just ooze quality. Here are some photos: 

I keep the tuning on the middle setting, but I may go for the enhanced bass to see how these respond. Overall, I think I'm pleased with the results. Clarity is just unreal and resolution is top notch. That super fun warm bass is taking a bit more of a back seat, but I suppose that is okay. I'll do some more A/B testing and post again. Also, IEMs of this caliber I tend to only listen to at home (and not while walking my dog for example), so it's not really any love lost that they're less secure in my ears and more bulky now. 

Cheers,

-Collin-

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,465 of 1,557
Quick update: now that I got the polarity correct (lol) and cranked up the knob to "warm," WOW. I'm trying to temper the placebo effect, but these are rocking my ears like never before. I'm really loving this cable and they're more comfortable to me now. I think I'll likely go back to the "neutral" setting, but not before I give this a few more hours of the bass slamming me in the side of the head. Man I love these IEMs 
basshead.gif

No other IEMs I have or have had put this kind of smile on my face, and I've owned a lot. 

-Collin-

Edit: 80% of the way toward "warm" seems to be the sweet spot for me (to satisfy by borderline bass-head preference). Anyone else using an "in-between" setting? I thought there were only three settings, but it seems this is a fully adjustable pot of sorts and you don't have to choose one exact setting. Cool.

Jan 18, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #1,466 of 1,557
Quick update: now that I got the polarity correct (lol) and cranked up the knob to "warm," WOW. I'm trying to temper the placebo effect, but these are rocking my ears like never before. I'm really loving this cable and they're more comfortable to me now. I think I'll likely go back to the "neutral" setting, but not before I give this a few more hours of the bass slamming me in the side of the head. Man I love these IEMs :basshead:

No other IEMs I have or have had put this kind of smile on my face, and I've owned a lot. 

-Collin-

Edit: 80% of the way toward "warm" seems to be the sweet spot for me (to satisfy by borderline bass-head preference). Anyone else using an "in-between" setting? I thought there were only three settings, but it seems this is a fully adjustable pot of sorts and you don't have to choose one exact setting. Cool.
Lol, yeah the polarity's are reversed compared to every other 2 pin IEM, forgot that. I'd of done the same......
Over the 2 years I've owned these I have gone from fully warm and all the way round, a few degrees at a time to test them. The pot is analogue and it's surprising what a small adjustment can do on occasions. I find I adjust it from 2-3 o'clock, to balanced at 12, and sometimes to 9-10 o'clock but I whack the bass boost on, on my HA-2. It gives it a different type of bass then, tighter but just as much slam, its analogue bass all round. It's why I love these, they are versatile, musical, detailed but satisfy the bass head in me.
Glad the cable is working out for you, and thanks for the update mate as I was going to give a shout out to you the other day to see if it had received it. But I do use these out and about (including commuting) so I might have to look around now for one with memory wire.
Hmmm, decisions.....

Jan 18, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #1,467 of 1,557
Lol, yeah the polarity's are reversed compared to every other 2 pin IEM, forgot that. I'd of done the same......
Over the 2 years I've owned these I have gone from fully warm and all the way round, a few degrees at a time to test them. The pot is analogue and it's surprising what a small adjustment can do on occasions. I find I adjust it from 2-3 o'clock, to balanced at 12, and sometimes to 9-10 o'clock but I whack the bass boost on, on my HA-2. It gives it a different type of bass then, tighter but just as much slam, its analogue bass all round. It's why I love these, they are versatile, musical, detailed but satisfy the bass head in me.
Glad the cable is working out for you, and thanks for the update mate as I was going to give a shout out to you the other day to see if it had received it. But I do use these out and about (including commuting) so I might have to look around now for one with memory wire.
Hmmm, decisions.....

As much as I love the cable, it would not be my first choice for an out-and-about type environment. As much as I hate memory wire, I now see that it does serve a rather important purpose. I wish the stock cable had longer memory wire, though. Cheers my friend!

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back