"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Jul 26, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #1,622 of 1,906
I have done a youtube bass test, and the SW III has made audible sound at 4 Hz
Wow! My hearing doesn't go that deep in the low-frequency domain:) Besides, the youtube test is just the recording and you need a source capable of outputting the signal at such a low frequency (as you know, almost all audio source devices have specs for 20Hz - 20kHz spectrum). In this regard, I don't trust audio devices much that's why I used a standalone hardware sound generator that had a minimal output signal path from the generator chip.

Jul 26, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #1,623 of 1,906
Thanks so much!!!!
Why the T500? In your post you suggest the Comply T400 that I just bought !! :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:
As for the cable, I'm waiting the arrival of an 8-core cable, you think it can improve the situation ???
Where did you buy the Junkosha cable? Do you think it's worth buying it ???

Thank you so much for your advice and for your patience :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:
The 400 and 500 are very very similar. You won't be disappointed with the 400.

Jul 26, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #1,624 of 1,906
Has anyone tried their SW3 on balanced cables?

Tip selection is really the issue with SWiii. So far, I've been using the foam tips that came with the K3P I got as well.
VE Junkosha Red 4-Core 3.5 TRRS Balanced Termination. Works better than SE, but picks up more noise from the jack with no music. Fixed with ifi IEMatch.

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #1,625 of 1,906
Hi, L1nuss! Thanks for the info:) I judge based on my own listening experience and my high frequency/middle frequency peak phobia (so to speak). Maybe I should give the ShockWave III another try. Anyways, I'd recommend listening to both IEM models before making any conclusions. I don't question the benevolence and good intentions of the seller you talked with but he has his own preferences that may differ from yours. Moreover, I've ordered my T7 with a significant discount during the Aliexpress anniversary sale:)

In fact, I'm also tempted to buy your T7S because the shockwave's sibilants for me are a very serious problem!!! Skw III is less than a month in my hands and I decided to stay calm, I will wait patiently for the burn-in before deciding what to do.

I'm glad you found the in-ear that satisfy you, a bit how to find the holy grail !!!!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #1,628 of 1,906
Yes, in fact .... just the time it takes to release the next fantasmagoric model promising Paradise! :D :D :D :D
Please burn in for at least 350 hours. Thanks.

Nov 15, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #1,633 of 1,906
How are you guys using those little wings they come with? Seems like it would be easy for them to cover up the vents without you even knowing about it.
I don't, I just use Comply Foams.

Nov 15, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #1,634 of 1,906
I recently tried these om balanced with my x7i + am3.

It took away a lot of bass from these.
What's the RMS voltage / power spec on the Balanced out?

Nov 15, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #1,635 of 1,906
Hey guys, loving the thread. I finally pulled the trigger this year on these. Last year I got the tk13 on special, this time the sw. Also, got the a3 amp to add some juice. Anyone know the DD size in the tk13? I love them but need some EQ and power to really bring out the bass, I'm a bass head if you haven't figured.
Do you guys think the fiio A3 will be enough to boost the bass? I use only foam tips. I do have an onkyo home system to power vs a phone with the coming a3 to try. I don't have dedicated high res player and plan on stopify streaming high res or YouTube. Thoughts? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back