DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 13, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #6,213 of 22,021
Well my phantom touch issue has gotten a lot worse. Taking the screen protector off seemed to help for a few weeks. Now it has come back with a vengence. I can't navigate in Android mode very well now....:triportsad:

Same issue for me. I had my first unit replaced because of the phantom swipe issue, the new one has been fine for a couple of months and now it is going mad to the point of being unusable. Songs randomly pause, menus randomly jump etc. Have tried everything to resolve the issue - updating/cleaning screen/removing screen protector and cleaning. I'm now going to send back for a refund as it is unfit for purpose and I can't go through yet another replacement with the risk of it failing again in the future. I have contacted @Paul - iBasso and I suggest you do the same.

May 13, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #6,214 of 22,021
Same issue for me. I had my first unit replaced because of the phantom swipe issue, the new one has been fine for a couple of months and now it is going mad to the point of being unusable. Songs randomly pause, menus randomly jump etc. Have tried everything to resolve the issue - updating/cleaning screen/removing screen protector and cleaning. I'm now going to send back for a refund as it is unfit for purpose and I can't go through yet another replacement with the risk of it failing again in the future. I have contacted @Paul - iBasso and I suggest you do the same.

That is bad.
Ibasso is not very informative about the cause of the phantom swipes.
It must be hardware related. Ibasso would't change out units if the problem could be solved with a software update or changing out/removing the screen protector.

I also received a new unit because of this problem. The new one works without flaws so far (3 weeks)
I got charged import tax by Dutch customs for receiving the replacement unit though, For an amount of 50 euro's.
So let's hope I don't have to change again.

It would be nice if Ibasso gave openness about the phantom swipe issue

May 13, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #6,215 of 22,021
Ghost swipe issue occurs to me as well. Already sent to change out screen.

May 13, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #6,217 of 22,021
really even hope the ghost touch issue would be just a hardware "fail" issue, and not an inherent problem in the design of the dx200 that causes it to fail over time.
The screen issue was a hardware problem. It has been resolved for a while now. We had the manufacture do extensive further tests and have test equipment here at iBasso as well. Since having the manufacture implement these controls we have not had one issue with the screen. We apologize to those who had the issue and the few remaining DX200s that need to be replaced. Most DX200s had no issue but zero is our goal and we have now achieved that.

For anyone with the issue please contact me at: paul@ibasso.com

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 13, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #6,218 of 22,021
The screen issue was a hardware problem. It has been resolved for a while now. We had the manufacture do extensive further tests and have test equipment here at iBasso as well. Since having the manufacture implement these controls we have not had one issue with the screen. We apologize to those who had the issue and the few remaining DX200s that need to be replaced. Most DX200s had no issue but zero is our goal and we have now achieved that.

Thanks for the clarification. Just sent an email to you.

May 14, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #6,219 of 22,021

It would be nice if iBasso offered to cover the cost of the return postage to China for these faulty products, Paul. You informed me that I would need to cover the airmail postage from UK to China - this would clearly be at my risk and my cost, and all for the pleasure of a third replacement unit and another 300 hours of burning in. I think that the dealers selling these faulty units in various countries should be informed of the fault, and that a free and quick replacement should be made available through them.

May 14, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #6,220 of 22,021
It would be nice if iBasso offered to cover the cost of the return postage to China for these faulty products, Paul. You informed me that I would need to cover the airmail postage from UK to China - this would clearly be at my risk and my cost, and all for the pleasure of a third replacement unit and another 300 hours of burning in. I think that the dealers selling these faulty units in various countries should be informed of the fault, and that a free and quick replacement should be made available through them.
I was in the same instance...and I hope we can have for example a little discount in the amp2. :frowning2:

May 14, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #6,221 of 22,021
i'm looking at this DAP (or AK300 or others) to replace my mojo/ipod touch 6 brick.
any heard the mojo against this DAP and care to comment please?
i'm using alot of tidal streaming and offline music..but also have flac and 24/192 material, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back