Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Apr 24, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #1,546 of 6,262
I've just noticed a weird behaviour when connected to the PC in USB-DAC mode: the sound has delays on both Facebook and YouTube videos using the Chrome or Edge browsers on Win 10. On Chrome the delay is more severe that on Edge. The same delay is present when playing a Mkv or mp4 file using the PotPlayer on the same Win 10 PC.
This never happened with my previous FiiO E10K....so it must be the N3 or the Cayin driver...probably can be fixed with the next N3 firmware update or Cayin PC driver version.

It seems I am the only one using it as DAC, and it behaves differently comparing to when it is used as a portable player. The bass suffers as well even if I am using the Foobar2000 with the Real Bass Exciter, SOX Resampler and Meier Crossfeed DSPs applied.
My setting are: 

Otherwise, as a portable player, the sound is great with both my CKS990 and MSR7 headphones, so no problems there.

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #1,547 of 6,262
  Wait a minute… aren't you already in Oregon
blink.gif

That post just reminded me of a pharmaceutical commercial… "I used to have treble sensitivity until my doctor recommended Shrill-B-Gone"
biggrin.gif

Dude where's my state?

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #1,548 of 6,262
  Pls do a sound comparison btw N3 and M2s. 

It may be two or three weeks before I receive the M2s, but I will compare the DAPs I've got, when it arrives.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #1,550 of 6,262
We shall formally announce our Aliexpress shop and N3 is the star product of the shop right now.

The N3 at Cayin's Aliexpress shop is priced at US$169.99 and that includes worldwide shipping. Pick your location at the Shipping and Payment Tab, the system will display the shipping options for you to choose from:

If your country is covered by an authorized distributor/dealer or, as in the case of India, we are actively discussing with a distributor or dealer right now, we are sorry that we can't offer our product to you via Aliexpress.

In this case, please cross-check with our published dealer network or wait patiently for our update if we were in the middle of arranging a new/revised dealer coverage.

For the record, Cayin is a manufacturer operates through an International distributor/dealer network. If in the unfortunate event that your equipment requires any form of warranty or repair service, you should contact your original seller and submit your DAP or amplifier through them. Cayin don't sell to international customers directly, and our products do not come with unlimited International warranty. Please do not send your equipment to Cayin directly, we shall refuse to accept any repair or warranty request without proper RMA procedure.

Cayin Aliexpress shop is our first attempt to provide a direct sales channel to our international customers. All products in our Aliexpress shop are authorized and come with appropriate warranty, and that will be 12 months from date of purchase for DAP products. Customers will pay for their shipping cost when sending in a DAP or amplifier to Cayin for repair or warranty service, and Cayin will cover the shipping cost back to the customer after repair.

Cayin Aliexpress shop is the only authorized shop in Aliexpress for Cayin's personal audio products. If you decide to buy from other Aliexpress shops in regardless of our advice, please find out and safeguard your warranty and after-sales support service from your seller before you commit the any deal.

Why Can't it be sold to a Canadian address? Whoever the Canadian seller is doesn't have them anyways. Seems like your just limiting your sales by having such restrictions.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #1,551 of 6,262

Why Can't it be sold to a Canadian address? Whoever the Canadian seller is doesn't have them anyways. Seems like your just limiting your sales by having such restrictions.

It may be due to distribution agreements, where a distributor is given exclusive rights to a sales territory, and the manufacturer agrees not to sell directly into that area.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #1,552 of 6,262

It may be due to distribution agreements, where a distributor is given exclusive rights to a sales territory, and the manufacturer agrees not to sell directly into that area.

Yes I understand that part of it but the thing is nobody is selling the N3 in Canada..maybe they will in the future but right now you can't get it here.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #1,553 of 6,262

Our Canadian distributor, ASONA Ltd has placed an order with Cayin already, They have been busy in moving to a new office in last two weeks and they have placed their order immediately after they resume operation.

We shall expedite the dispatch, and once ASONA received the delivery, the retail shops will have N3 available in no times. We shall work with ASONA closely and keep everything informed.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 24, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #1,555 of 6,262

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #1,557 of 6,262
@Andykong

No news, date or little clue about the new colour? I dont want to buy right now to just realize later than there is a coolest colour available. I know colour will not change the sound.... but anyway =)

Sorry, there were some delay from our supplier, we shall announce the details as soon as we receive the aluminum chassis, we can't schedule the production nor predict date of availability until we receive the metal from our supplier.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,558 of 6,262
  @Andykong

No news, date or little clue about the new colour? I dont want to buy right now to just realize later than there is a coolest colour available. I know colour will not change the sound.... but anyway =)

Some say that they hear color. But I dunno...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back