Brainwavz B200 - Dual Armature IEM
May 24, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #61 of 128
Hey guys and gals, here's my take on the B200 (in English): http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/05/brainwavz-b200-review.html#more

Oh yes, Brainwavz did a lot right with it (although the choice of the used cable and identical housings known from the single-BA B100 & B150 is a little questionable). If the B300 and B400 turn out at least equally well when it comes to overall tuning and price-performance-ratio and can also compete well with other comparable IEMs at their respective price points, I predict Brainwavz to build a good reputation in the BA and mid-fi segment.

Keep it on, guys and gals! :thumbsup:

Very nice review but the big dip around 4-7 kHz on FR graph does look a bit scary :grimacing:

For B300 and B400 I would like to have more extended treble and dynamic :relaxed:

May 25, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #63 of 128
Hey guys and gals, here's my take on the B200 (in English): http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/05/brainwavz-b200-review.html#more

Oh yes, Brainwavz did a lot right with it (although the choice of the used cable and identical housings known from the single-BA B100 & B150 is a little questionable). If the B300 and B400 turn out at least equally well when it comes to overall tuning and price-performance-ratio and can also compete well with other comparable IEMs at their respective price points, I predict Brainwavz to build a good reputation in the BA and mid-fi segment.

Keep it on, guys and gals! :thumbsup:

I agree with Chris. Here's a LINK back to my take on these babies. Can't wait for the BW hybrids :)

Very nice review but the big dip around 4-7 kHz on FR graph does look a bit scary :grimacing:

For B300 and B400 I would like to have more extended treble and dynamic :relaxed:

Some won't like the restrained upper mids / lower treble, but personally I think they sounded very refined and their FR curve reminds me of higher-tier iem I've tested out.

May 27, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #64 of 128
My B200's for review were delivered yesterday, however on one side there is quite a gap between the two parts of the housing... They sound alright, see what Brainwavz say.

9949541.jpg

9949542.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_8193.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_8194.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 0
May 27, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #65 of 128
I agree with Chris. Here's a LINK back to my take on these babies. Can't wait for the BW hybrids :)

Some won't like the restrained upper mids / lower treble, but personally I think they sounded very refined and their FR curve reminds me of higher-tier iem I've tested out.

I like them with less than damping the brown filters. Airier, quicker, a bit brighter, and more lively/dynamic than the little bit too relaxed stock sound. Your not really stuck if you want to swap out for either the 330's or 680's gray and white. Those hoping for the B2 next gen here might want to go this route and not totally discount the B200. Stock it isn't that signature as has been shown.

May 27, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #66 of 128
May 27, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #67 of 128
I like them with less than damping the brown filters. Airier, quicker, a bit brighter, and more lively/dynamic than the little bit too relaxed stock sound. Your not really stuck if you want to swap out for either the 330's or 680's gray and white. Those hoping for the B2 next gen here might want to go this route and not totally discount the B200. Stock it isn't that signature as has been shown.

Different strokes for different folks :wink:

Jun 15, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #68 of 128
Aug 1, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #70 of 128
Just a update, we will be releasing the B200 with a removable cable version (hopefully) by September, if not a little sooner. It may also be released along side with its revived older brother, the B2.1 :wink:
B2.1 - now, that's something I'm very interested in! If I may suggest another revival - R3.1, as it's quite unique performer and if you manage to keep that sound in a more ergonomic form factor, you'll have another winner.

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #71 of 128
It may also be released along side with its revived older brother, the B2.1

Oh my goodness, this would be amazing to see - a smooth, tendentially warm-ish B200 (that I don't only find objectively good in its price range but also quite love subjectively) along with a more neutral, flatter B2.1.

Colour me excited. :ksc75smile:

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #72 of 128
Just a update, we will be releasing the B200 with a removable cable version (hopefully) by September, if not a little sooner. It may also be released along side with its revived older brother, the B2.1 :wink:

Wow that's interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back