Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2
Dec 13, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #256 of 300
Have so just seen there's about a £50 difference between the p5 and p7 on Amazon. Is the difference in SQ that noticeable? I'm mainly listening at home so I guess on ear/over ear isnt much of a difference for me.

Walking around or tethered to a desk? If tethered to a desk I think there are better value propositions out there.

Dec 13, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #257 of 300
Walking around mainly. I primarily listen in a lovely armchair, or whilst walking about the house. Unfortunately in the UK I can't find anywhere to try them, so I may just order and test them out, returning if I have any comfort issues which seem to be the main concern of the p7s.

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #258 of 300
I remember reading somewhere that there's an android app which can make the supplied iOS remote cable compatible with android devices. Is this true, and can anyone tell me the name of the app(s)? Thanks.

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #259 of 300
Burning these in right now. They already sound great out of the box. Slightly boomy, but I'm hoping that settles down and becomes tighter.

Edit. FYI cable remote works out of the box for my Galaxy S3 but doesn't work at all with my ZX1 Walkman, even with the trial android handset controller app.

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #260 of 300
I remember reading somewhere that there's an android app which can make the supplied iOS remote cable compatible with android devices. Is this true, and can anyone tell me the name of the app(s)? Thanks.

Probably not. It's generally a hardware issue. You're either compatible or you're not. Center button will always work, however.

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #261 of 300
The sub bass and bass on these is a revelation, as is the rest of the spectrum. I'm literally punching the air listening to Simple Minds' New Gold Dream. Man, I'm happy with this purchase so far! Can it only get better?

Aug 2, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #262 of 300
The P5 S2 use the same driver as the P7, although they are tuned differently by way of the pads, damping and vent assembly, the P7 is more comprehensive in that regard. It's really nice to see a company upgrading their previous models without upgrading the price. The competition needs to take note of B&W's build, aluminium and leather clad with micro-fiber drivers with surround. Kudos to B&W.

Aug 24, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #265 of 300
Oooooooops...............problem!

The VERY soft and VERY comfortable lamb-skin ear pads are also VERY easy to tear, even with a fingernail.

Be gentle with 'em.

del Sol

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #268 of 300
Hey thanks for asking ! I absolutely love them. They have pretty much rendered all my other headphones worthy of retirement. The clamping force is starting to ease up and I can wear them for a couple of hours now without any discomfort. They were a little boomy at first but after a month of heavy usage the bass has tightened up considerably. I really don't see me looking to buy anymore headphones after experiencing these. Even my wife who usually couldn't care less about something like this, she grins from ear to ear whenever I hand her these to use, she noted the quality and the major sound difference from what we have used in the past. Bottom line....I'm spoiled now ! I use Accudio™Free on my IPad and it makes a difference. I do want to get a headphone amp, never used one and I'm doing my homework now and trying to educate myself so that I make a good choice.

Total kudos to B&W.....

Nov 1, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #269 of 300

​I'm driving mine with a relatively inexpensive Fiio E17 Alpen headphone amp/DAC, which I picked up used for $100 CDN.

It elevated the sound quality a LOT! Highly recommended.

Like yourself, my headphone search is over................unless something from Stax suddenly becomes affordable for mere mortals.

Happy Listening, del Sol

Nov 26, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #270 of 300
I love these HP's, I have 2 one for outside use and the newer version for inside mobile use, I own a Sennheiser HD800 and Audeze LCD3 for serious listening, but these HP's are impractical for mobile use, so beat me with a stick, the B&W P5 are my mobile HP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back