Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Mar 14, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #916 of 1,152
  Has anyone tried walking outdoors with the QC35 , the weather turns bad and starts drizzling? Basic question is how much water resistance does the QC35 have?

I haven't either but Bose doesn't list the QC35's as having any moisture resistance whatsoever.  Additionally, I have come across a bunch of people online who wore their QC35's while at the gym and they ended up breaking after a week, sometimes less, because sweat got into the electronics.  I wouldn't chance it with $350 headphones that aren't rated for anything.

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #917 of 1,152
I wouldn't, but I don't know the answer to your question.

I usually just put my hood up until I find shelter.

I haven't either but Bose doesn't list the QC35's as having any moisture resistance whatsoever.  Additionally, I have come across a bunch of people online who wore their QC35's while at the gym and they ended up breaking after a week, sometimes less, because sweat got into the electronics.  I wouldn't chance it with $350 headphones that aren't rated for anything.

Sent an email to Bose here in Hong Kong and got a reply. The QC35 are neither sweat or water resistant...:frowning2:

Due to the sub-tropical climate, I've noticed sweat build-up around the ear pads after about 15 minutes of use when used for a short walk outside. This is due to the heat build-up around the ears due to the closed design of the QC35. For those who are experiencing heat build-up around the ears and noticed sweat on the ear pads, how would this affect the warranty repair now that Bose says the QC35 is not sweat resistant?

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #918 of 1,152
  I now have VIDEO proof of my problem, my QC35 lack internal volume control most of the time and they only control the Apple devices volume (iPhone, Mac) but including today, this is the 4th time in 3 months they got fixed (i'm sure its temporary again).
Im uploading the video on a site and attaching the link.

QC35 users, please tell me how yours work  ? always like the video? or they control the Apple device volume and sound hollow/distant and not loud enough?

For people who are new to this post, please read my earlier posts for full details.
http://sendvid.com/jk1imgyd

Any update from Mac users on this ??

Mar 22, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #919 of 1,152
Newbie here, so welcome all and greetings from Europe. I have a quick question. I'm deciding between QC35 and Senn Momentum 2 (HD1 now). I can live with both regarding sound and NC. So my question is... which one makes your ears less warm and sweat less? Listening in the shop for 30min. i noticed they are both comfortable (even for my big ears) but "ventilation" is hard to determine.
TIA.

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #920 of 1,152
Newbie here, so welcome all and greetings from Europe. I have a quick question. I'm deciding between QC35 and Senn Momentum 2 (HD1 now). I can live with both regarding sound and NC. So my question is... which one makes your ears less warm and sweat less? Listening in the shop for 30min. i noticed they are both comfortable (even for my big ears) but "ventilation" is hard to determine.
TIA.

I had the Sennheiser Mommentum 2.0 wireless headphones for a short stint but I never wore them long enough for my ears to actually get warm.  In my experience though, all over-the-ear headphones are about the same when it comes to warming up my ears.  Beats Studio, Bose QC15's, Bose QC25's, Bose QC35's, Sony MDR-100ABN, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless, etc.  Every over-the-ear headphone I've ever worn in warmer conditions caused my ears to sweat about equally.  Unless the headphones are open back, you're talking about very minimal differences.  Personally, I didn't like the Sennheisers.  Their noise cancellation was awful, I had an iPhone at the time and they connected to is using SBC and not AAC (they only support aptX or SBC) so sound quality wasn't the best, and they couldn't really remain connected to my iPhone even with it just sitting on my desk with nothing coming between the two.  I would experience about 3-4 various issues (pauses in the music, disconnections, or music fading out and back in) an hour with the Sennheisers.  Of all the wireless over-the-ear headphones I have ever owned, the Sennheisers had the worst Bluetooth connection for me.

For those who are experiencing heat build-up around the ears and noticed sweat on the ear pads, how would this affect the warranty repair now that Bose says the QC35 is not sweat resistant?

I would imagine that Bose would cover any warranty repairs/replacements when wearing the headphones in a hotter climate so long as you aren't exercising with them and that the climate falls within Bose's temperature ratings for the QC35's.  Wearing them while riding public transit or just outside is normal usage so Bose should cover it.

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #921 of 1,152
I had the Sennheiser Mommentum 2.0 wireless headphones for a short stint but I never wore them long enough for my ears to actually get warm.  In my experience though, all over-the-ear headphones are about the same when it comes to warming up my ears.  Beats Studio, Bose QC15's, Bose QC25's, Bose QC35's, Sony MDR-100ABN, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless, etc.  Every over-the-ear headphone I've ever worn in warmer conditions caused my ears to sweat about equally.  Unless the headphones are open back, you're talking about very minimal differences.  Personally, I didn't like the Sennheisers.  Their noise cancellation was awful, I had an iPhone at the time and they connected to is using SBC and not AAC (they only support aptX or SBC) so sound quality wasn't the best, and they couldn't really remain connected to my iPhone even with it just sitting on my desk with nothing coming between the two.  I would experience about 3-4 various issues (pauses in the music, disconnections, or music fading out and back in) an hour with the Sennheisers.  Of all the wireless over-the-ear headphones I have ever owned, the Sennheisers had the worst Bluetooth connection for me.

Thanks man. Never noticed any bt issues with the Sennheisers... but i had them on for like 30mins. At the store (paired also with an iPhone). I know it's not about the looks but if only Bose looked half as good as Sennheiser. They look freakin cheap.

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #924 of 1,152

No and the reason (for me) is I have not updated my firmware since getting them replaced. 1.06 is what the replacement came with and it will stay that way. Over at Bose they have requested 20 or so users send them their bad sets for an autopsy

@whsbuss The Bose community admin has also asked users with the original 1.06 like yours to be sent to their lab for testing because they cant seem to find any difference in the 3 (out of 20) sets they have received from the ones they have with them.

If you are in US or UK and are willing to send your QC35 to Bose, you can DM Jason at the Bose community.

They will send you a replacement too.

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #925 of 1,152
  @whsbuss The Bose community admin has also asked users with the original 1.06 like yours to be sent to their lab for testing because they cant seem to find any difference in the 3 (out of 20) sets they have received from the ones they have with them.

If you are in US or UK and are willing to send your QC35 to Bose, you can DM Jason at the Bose community.

They will send you a replacement too.

@Divij thanks but no thanks. I finally have what I want in the QC35. My original set was replaced by the local Bose store after I stopped in and let them compare to the demos. The firmware screwed them up and they gave me a new set right there and then. I hope those who sent their set to Bose allows them to figure out what happened. But for $350 US I'm gonna keep what I have

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #926 of 1,152

@Divij thanks but no thanks. I finally have what I want in the QC35. My original set was replaced by the local Bose store after I stopped in and let them compare to the demos. The firmware screwed them up and they gave me a new set right there and then. I hope those who sent their set to Bose allows them to figure out what happened. But for $350 US I'm gonna keep what I have

Do you have a case number and name of the Bose store?
I would request you to post this on the Bose community and also DM the Admin and Jason.

Bose is denying the problem as of now, and has told everyone to wait for updates... but if they cant find any difference in ANC now, i dont think they want to.

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #927 of 1,152
  Do you have a case number and name of the Bose store?
I would request you to post this on the Bose community and also DM the Admin and Jason.

Bose is denying the problem as of now, and has told everyone to wait for updates... but if they cant find any difference in ANC now, i dont think they want to.

I did this exchange over a month ago. I do not know what the Bose store did with my returned set.

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #928 of 1,152

I did this exchange over a month ago. I do not know what the Bose store did with my returned set.

Please post again on the Bose community. The admin there who has been saying for weeks that they see on difference in ANC can have one more proof from you.
Your info about the Bose store will really help.

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #930 of 1,152
Goto http://btu.bose.com/
Connect the QC35
Type a d v ↑ ↓  (The last two are up arrow and down arrow)
You will see a drop down menu and will be able to select 1.0.6. and continue.

Once upgraded to 1.2.9 or 1.2.10 the ANC is ruined and downgrading doesn't solve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back