Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jul 12, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #391 of 2,944
That was the earliest Xelento Wired edition ,
Xelento Remote came after , and now , there's the Xelento Wireless .

Although Xelento Remote & Xelento wireless have the same housing and faceplate , no one actually compared the sonic difference between the Xelento wired and the Xelento remote , but they are most probably the same in terms of sound .

What was the difference between wired and remote, just a cable with in-line remote?

Jul 12, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #392 of 2,944
I would say the DN200J has false treble detail where as on my IE800 there is no hard peaks on my ears because of the resonator, I think this is how axel grell explained how you are able to hear all this extra detail because they eliminated the peaks at 6/7/8khz.

Sure, the resonator flattens peaks around 6-8kHz, but every measurement I've seen of the IE800 shows slightly recessed upper mids / lower treble and a substantial peak at 10-11kHz. Here's one example:
http://rinchoi.blogspot.co.at/2013/03/sennheiser-ie800.html
http://rinchoi.blogspot.co.at/2013/03/sennheiser-ie800.html
Now, a peak this high up in the frequency range doesn't necessarily sound harsh like the peaks on the DN2000J and other TWFK based IEMs. But what it does (together with the mentioned upper mids / lower treble dip), it changes timbre, particularly of cymbals and makes them sound thinner than in real life. It gives the impression of very good separation and detail, however at the cost of note weight.

Go listen to a drummer hitting cymbals in real life and compare that to the IE800, and you'll find that the latter have noticeable less note weight and cymbals tend to sound as if hit with pencils instead of drum sticks. That's the price you pay for enhanced detail... but I'm aware that most people won't be bothered by things like that, just saying that the Xelentos are more accurate in that regard.

...for sure elevated sub-/mid-bass which can get a bit overwhelming with a tight seal, so you do need to go through eartips to find the best fit/seal. Also, it pairs up better with neutral/brighter sources, while Mojo, which is known for being fuller body warmer source, might tip the scale where you hear bass being thicker/congested.
Btw, unless I relax the seal using smaller eartips, most of the eartips give me a driver flex in left earpiece.

Afaik the Xelentos don't have a front (depressurizer) vent, and a rear vent cannot prevent driver flex. However, there's a little trick to simulate a small front leak, which I've described in this post (expand the spoiler):
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/jvc-ha-fx850-iem-woody.703874/page-8#post-10347472
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/jvc-ha-fx850-iem-woody.703874/page-8#post-10347472
Might be worth a try on the Xelentos, cause it kills two birds with one stone: attenuates bass and alleviates driver flex.

Jul 12, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #393 of 2,944
The wired version, was a test version and was released only in asia, mainly Hong Kong and China from October 2016, it was a follow on foot step of the AK T8IE Mark 2, apart from the color, AK logo and being tuned up from the AK version, it's really no different from the T8ie MK2, even the supplied accessories are the same, see post 24 for photo's.

The differences between the wired and remote is just a new face plate, remote version being plastic (I think) and the wired version being metal with a sandy texture, remote version also gets a audio only cable along with a remote cable, a new leather case, extra 2 pair buds, extra pair of filter and a bigger box.

Although the wired version is older, it was sold at the same price of the remote version USD 999 original price, but I was able to get it for about USD 750, this was back in January.

That being said, the Wired version has now being discontiued now, and only remaining stock are those left in the stores with prices range from USD 750 and upto USD 1050, and the sole agent in Hong Kong and China has no intention of stocking the remote version, but are waiting for the new wireless version when they are released.

All version of the Xelento are the same apart from the differences in the face plate.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #394 of 2,944
Anyone can tell me which model is this comply foam? And there is difference between the sound of the original T8iE and the Xelento?
Thanks in advance.

Beyerdynamic-1-1024x698.jpg

Attachments

• Beyerdynamic-1-1024x698.jpg
    Beyerdynamic-1-1024x698.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 0
Jul 12, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #395 of 2,944
All version have 3 sets compy foam whether it's the AK or beyerdynamic own version.

Jul 12, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #397 of 2,944
All my comply are sealed up individually so I can't tell you if it's the same , as I don't like using them. and yes there are differences between the two, the AK version are tuned to support their own DAP, and tend to have a much heavier bass than the Xelento.

Jul 12, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #398 of 2,944
I actually just wrote Beyer about getting replacements for the Comply mediums. Something about the tips that come with the Xelentos makes them much better (for my ears) than pretty much anything else. They really open up the sound and reduce that bass hump.

I've tried a bunch of other tips, including several Comply versions, and none sound the same as the Beyerdynamic OEMs do. They're less dense or something.

Jul 12, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #399 of 2,944
I actually just wrote Beyer about getting replacements for the Comply mediums. Something about the tips that come with the Xelentos makes them much better (for my ears) than pretty much anything else. They really open up the sound and reduce that bass hump.

I've tried a bunch of other tips, including several Comply versions, and none sound the same as the Beyerdynamic OEMs do. They're less dense or something.
9556928.jpg

You have these I think, I hate those total seal tips, it feels strange.

Jul 12, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #400 of 2,944

You have these I think, I hate those total seal tips, it feels strange.

Yours didn't come in a packaging like this?

beyer_xelento-09.jpg beyer_xelento-10.jpg

These look like a typical isolation comply tips with a foam wax guard.

Jul 12, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #401 of 2,944
Jul 12, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #402 of 2,944
Afaik the Xelentos don't have a front (depressurizer) vent, and a rear vent cannot prevent driver flex. However, there's a little trick to simulate a small front leak, which I've described in this post (expand the spoiler):
Might be worth a try on the Xelentos, cause it kills two birds with one stone: attenuates bass and alleviates driver flex.

Oh, yeah, I remember your infamous fx850 mod :wink: Gotta try it with Xelentos!

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #403 of 2,944
Just posted my review of Beyerdynamic Xelento HERE, soon to be published on Head-fi :)

beyer_xelento-26.jpg

Jul 20, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #405 of 2,944
Tried the Xelento at a local store , overall the sound is pretty good , with the bass taking the spotlight IMO. The first thing I notice after a few seconds of listening to it is how impressive the bass sound , both mid and sub bass , easily the best bass I've heard in an IEM hands down , and best of all it doesn't overlap the mids and highs .Highs are probably good enough for most people but I prefer a little more detail , resolution is pretty , however , vocals are not emphasised enough ( for me), though it does pretty well for a V shaped IEM . The comfort is excellent , very lightweight , small , though cable seems too thin .
Overall it's pretty good but it's quite obvious that it's not my cup of tea , but if i see it in a neutral POV its pretty hard to fault it , that bass alone is worth considering buying one even though it's not exactly my sound signature .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back