Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jun 17, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #361 of 2,944
Same here ZX2 with wired xelento.

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #362 of 2,944
i finally got the Astell&Kern AK70 Twilight Rose for my Xelento .

Jun 19, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #363 of 2,944
Anyone has photos of their Xelento with custom cables ? Would be interested to see them !

Jun 20, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #364 of 2,944
Anyone has photos of their Xelento with custom cables ? Would be interested to see them !

There is nothing to see except that many don't look good on it since the MMCX connector on the Xelento is pretty small, probably only the MMCX from linum look alright, but the cables looks really flimsy, but they do seem pretty cheap if you go don't go for the super BAX.

Just to let you know, many custom cables used on the Xelento does give you alot of drop out, thats why getting custom cable for the Xelento is not easy. You just need to try them to see what results you get.

Jun 21, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #365 of 2,944
There is nothing to see except that many don't look good on it since the MMCX connector on the Xelento is pretty small, probably only the MMCX from linum look alright, but the cables looks really flimsy, but they do seem pretty cheap if you go don't go for the super BAX.

Just to let you know, many custom cables used on the Xelento does give you alot of drop out, thats why getting custom cable for the Xelento is not easy. You just need to try them to see what results you get.

I posted a couple of photos of my Xelento's custom balanced cable in my review (https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...-ear-headset-for-mobile-devices.22337/reviews). I also gave a suggestion there for fixing drop-out issues with certain mmcx plugs.

Jun 22, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #367 of 2,944
I posted a couple of photos of my Xelento's custom balanced cable in my review (https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...-ear-headset-for-mobile-devices.22337/reviews). I also gave a suggestion there for fixing drop-out issues with certain mmcx plugs.
There is only a limited amount of custom cables that looks right for the Xelento, and the fix doesn't always work, but I will be purchasing the final Lab 2 cable during my visit to Japan, not cheap but looks good.

Jun 22, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #368 of 2,944
There is only a limited amount of custom cables that looks right for the Xelento, and the fix doesn't always work, but I will be purchasing the final Lab 2 cable during my visit to Japan, not cheap but looks good.

If you're making a custom cable, I don't see the problem. Of course, I don't doubt that you'll be able to find cables/connectors that won't look aesthetically pleasing or fit properly if you look hard enough...

dumbasarock.jpg

IMG_0061.GIF

Jul 6, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #369 of 2,944
Must say,the xelentos really sounds fantastic.Have been trying them with the spinfits.The bass is really good.And the sound is just crystal clear,without being fatigue.Played some trance music ( craig connelly ),and the sound is amazing.Never heard trance music so live,energetic,detailed and so clear

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #370 of 2,944
Ive used the spinfit for a good few months, just returned using the stock oval buds, i kind of liking the buds just resting outside of the ear, and it produces less bass.

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #371 of 2,944
Finally after a few month of waiting, got hold of a spare OEM cable for about 45 USD, the OEM cable feels kind of delicate, easy to break, just got a spare one in case, and it's one of the best sounding cables for the Xelento, other cables i've tried just does sound good and heavy on bass.

Jul 10, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #372 of 2,944
Jul 10, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #374 of 2,944
Listened to the Xelento today, worse than the IE800. Anyone know of dynamic iem upgrade from the senns? Prefrebly with some kind of canal pressure relief.

Thanks

What exactly didn't you like about Xelento, relative to IE800? I'm not familiar with IE800, rather familiar with other reviews/impressions and FR measurements of it, and was under impression it's a typical V-shaped tuned iem with a strong sub-/mid-bass and peaky treble with a healthy bump around 10k. Did you find Xelento bass to be of a lesser or great quantity in comparison, and perhaps upper frequencies a little smoother in Xelento? Just trying to figure out what to recommend. For example, if you want less low end impact and brighter treble (in comparison to Xelento), the latest Hifiman RE2000 would be something for you to consider.

... and since you are from UK, HFM going to be there next week, at Canjam :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #375 of 2,944
What exactly didn't you like about Xelento, relative to IE800? I'm not familiar with IE800, rather familiar with other reviews/impressions and FR measurements of it, and was under impression it's a typical V-shaped tuned iem with a strong sub-/mid-bass and peaky treble with a healthy bump around 10k. Did you find Xelento bass to be of a lesser or great quantity in comparison, and perhaps upper frequencies a little smoother in Xelento? Just trying to figure out what to recommend. For example, if you want less low end impact and brighter treble (in comparison to Xelento), the latest Hifiman RE2000 would be something for you to consider.

... and since you are from UK, HFM going to be there next week, at Canjam :wink:

Here's what I got from my comparison

Bass - IE800 has faster bass, Xelento is warmer in the sub and mid bass but also sounds a bit congested and too thick sounding bleeding in to the mids slightly compared to IE800s faster cleaner more detailed bass.

Mids - little bit recessed compared to Xelento but ie800 more clear and open.

Treble - Xelento sounds a little bit more fleshed out and better timbre but little bit sibilant on some tracks, IE800 treble is thinner but a lot more detailed, airy and resolving, no harsh peaks.

IE800 has effortlessness to the sound like an open back headphone but Xelento sounds like a normal Iem with good soundstage. IE800 sound a bit like it's using ADEL.

Xelento is double the price I was hoping it would be an upgrade but not yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back