Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jun 7, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #346 of 2,944
HI Guys! Finally got my Xelento on Monday after 5 days’ waiting (Amazon.uk prime was really disappointing this time)…

I am using Mojo as output; SpinFit C-100-s for a better seal and treble. And I have burnt it in for around 40 hours now.

I’m convinced that Xelento’s sound is nearly perfect for me…

The bass (sub-bass, especially) Xelento has to deliver is just epic, IMO… I’ve never experienced anything like it. Note that I also own SE846, UM Pro 50 and B&W P9; all of them are well-known for their fantastic bass. Also note that I didn’t buy Xelento for a better bass, because I was told Xelento’s bass isn’t quite impressive, although the quality is very good… But now, I have the best bass earphone…

Another thing that impresses me is the 3D soundstage. The depth is just epic as well… So it would be a great luxury to use Xelento to watch movies, as I was doing just now.

Other things, e.g. treble, vocal and so on are all very good, at least above average, IMO, though not as impressive to me as the bass and soundstage.

I would probably share more of my experience with Xelento after burning it in for 200+ hours.

Jun 8, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #348 of 2,944
HI Guys! Finally got my Xelento on Monday after 5 days’ waiting (Amazon.uk prime was really disappointing this time)…

I am using Mojo as output; SpinFit C-100-s for a better seal and treble. And I have burnt it in for around 40 hours now.

The bass (sub-bass, especially) Xelento has to deliver is just epic, IMO… I’ve never experienced anything like it. Note that I also own SE846, UM Pro 50 and B&W P9; all of them are well-known for their fantastic bass. Also note that I didn’t buy Xelento for a better bass, because I was told Xelento’s bass isn’t quite impressive, although the quality is very good… But now, I have the best bass earphone…

Another thing that impresses me is the 3D soundstage. The depth is just epic as well… So it would be a great luxury to use Xelento to watch movies, as I was doing just now.

Other things, e.g. treble, vocal and so on are all very good, at least above average, IMO, though not as impressive to me as the bass and soundstage.

I would probably share more of my experience with Xelento after burning it in for 200+ hours.

could you link the adress to the spinfits you are using? cheers :)

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #351 of 2,944
Jun 10, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #353 of 2,944

Have you found that Spin Tips make a difference? I am not sure that they go in to the ear canal any deeper than the stock tips. I continue to go back and forth (I'm referring to AK T8ie which is the same size at Xelento).

As to your comments on soundstage and depth... its great to read.

Jun 10, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #354 of 2,944
i'm also using the spinfit green one.

Jun 10, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #355 of 2,944
Have you found that Spin Tips make a difference? I am not sure that they go in to the ear canal any deeper than the stock tips. I continue to go back and forth (I'm referring to AK T8ie which is the same size at Xelento).

As to your comments on soundstage and depth... its great to read.

They go into your ears deeper than the stock tip (not compy ones), stock tip only rest outside of your ears.

Jun 10, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #357 of 2,944
I also tried the SpinFit tips with my Xelentos but in the end I preferred the stock silicon oval tips. The SpinFits sounded too bassy for my tastes but again just my preference. Everyone else's preference and mileage may vary.

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #358 of 2,944
Just ordered spinfits.Been trying the beyerdynamic silicon tips,and it looks like on those,the size m fits me best.But the rha`s silicon tips looks more like the spinfits.And after testing them,it seems that s fits me best there (better bass response).So i ordered the spinfits in small.Looking forward to try them.Has been testing a little with the differnt sizes and different tips.And its huge difference.So getting the right tip and of course seal,are very important :)

Jun 17, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #359 of 2,944
im still looking for DAPs to pair with the xelento ... hmmm ... as of now used AK240 & AK70 are on the list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back