Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #7,801 of 7,916
Thank you friends, it was the same information I needed, I bought 1 xplay 6 black and it should arrive in 10 days, reliable seller, you have more than 30 positive reviews only with xplay 6 if you wish, it follows his link. Because black is new, it ends up being a little more expensive.

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Vivo...1b52aeb34d8639e48-1495106240011-08867-2v37IQv

Activating Cash Returns Alibonus and deals99 will have an 11% return on invested value, fantastic.

May 20, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #7,804 of 7,916
For those who are interested in bigger Phones:

I got the Meizu Pro 6 plus 2 days ago and so far, i really love it. The Audio Quality is good -compared to the HTC10 it`s a little bit colder and not as full and i`d say the HTC1o is still a tad better overall, especially with very loud volume. But, Poweramp supports this phone in Hi-fi mode so you can tweak to your liking without loosing the Hi-fi sound, and in contrast to the HTC10, the Poweramp hi-fi mode works without errors on this phone. The stock equalizer is useless.
Other things i got to say about it, is that Flyme 6 is amazing and much better than the previous versions. I would go as far as saying that it is the best Android-skin i`ve seen yet. Than, the phone feels pretty light for it`s size, the design is beautiful and the screen is just superb.
What really impressed me though is the camera. There are some minor problems with the focus here and there and the white balance is Meizu-typically way too warm, but the processing, especially the detail and foliage rendering is extremly impressive. You can make out every single leave on a tree and every blade of grass on a meadow, without the picture being oversharped or some other artificial tricks added. Dynamic range is also great.

Despite not having LTE Band 20 for us europeans over here (For me it`s not that important, as i live in a big city with good 3g network) i have absolutely nothing negative to say about this phone so far. I loved the Pro 5 back than with exception of the camera, and this one is a great successor. I usually change phones month after month, but this one i will keep for at least 6 months.

In short: If you find it for a decent price (I bought mine for 317€ on ebay), buy it, it`s absolutely worth the money.

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #7,806 of 7,916
317€ is a great price for a pro 6 plus. which seller did you buy it from?

I bought from a private Seller. It`s the Gold version and the Phone is just 3 weeks old in new condition, so it was luck.
But there are sites that sell it for a reasonable price, this one for example: http://www.grossoshop.net/index.php?route=product/search&search=meizu pro 6 plus
They even ship from Europe as far as i understand. Cect-shop also has the phone for around 350€, but shipping is probably from China.

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #7,807 of 7,916
Hi all, I wanted to share my impressions on the LG g6.
Two weeks ago I sold my Cayin i5 mainly because I was not happy with the UX - Android in a DAP is just not working yet. If you get a device like that you expect the same user experience as with any other state of the art Android smartphone. What you actually get is neither fish nor flesh... Well, the i5 is a different topic, so let me move on to the LG g6.

I ordered the QuadDAC version from an import vendor in the UK. Surprisingly the phone arrived after only 4 days in Germany. Coming from a Nexus 6p I was a bit put off by the launcher but that was easily fixed by installing Nova Launcher - highly recommended!
After shoving in my 200 Gig SD card and installing Neutron player I started my tests with some of my favourite Flac albums - Pink Floyd, Quincy Jones etc. But also a Dali CD.
First I plugged in my se846 and what can I say - amazing! I was genuinely happy with what I heard. Great bass, stage and separation. I read something about the LG would cut some bass - I absolutely cannot confirm that. Compared with the i5 the Flac played much more vibrant than - on the i5 it always felt a bit flat. I couldn't make out any noise...

After enjoying the se846 for quite a while I switched to the Meze 99c which also have a pretty low impedance. The effect was the same - overall fantastic experience. For someone who likes to listen to music extremely loud this could be an issue but for normal users it is absolutely fine. Of course, cans with higher impedance might suffer a length.

Since I am a heavy user of Spotify I did the same tests with the "extreme" streaming settings and came up with the same experience - absolute happiness :)
The sound is just as good as with the i5!

It is wonderful to have only one device to lug around, have great UX AND great sound.

May 22, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #7,808 of 7,916
Hello everyone! After some time I need to buy a new phone, and again I am struggling to find one that suits my needs without draining my bank account completely.
I need dual SIM capability, decent power, and size about 5.5". I am coming from Asus Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML), so I'd naturally like to feel an upgrade - also in the audio output department.
I'd also prefer to have a separate microSD slot along with dual SIM, but I guess such phone with good audio output doesn't exist at the moment nor will it exist in the near future :D
Currently, I'm looking mainly at the ZTE Axon 7, but I have read mixed reviews on its headphone output quality. I don't want the Axon 7 mini, mainly because of less internal memory.
Did anyone actually try the "big" Axon 7? Is it a good choice in this price group (<$500), or can you recommend something else?
I looked at Leeco, but audio only via USB-C adapter put me off...

May 23, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #7,809 of 7,916
Hello everyone! After some time I need to buy a new phone, and again I am struggling to find one that suits my needs without draining my bank account completely.
I need dual SIM capability, decent power, and size about 5.5". I am coming from Asus Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML), so I'd naturally like to feel an upgrade - also in the audio output department.
I'd also prefer to have a separate microSD slot along with dual SIM, but I guess such phone with good audio output doesn't exist at the moment nor will it exist in the near future :D
Currently, I'm looking mainly at the ZTE Axon 7, but I have read mixed reviews on its headphone output quality. I don't want the Axon 7 mini, mainly because of less internal memory.
Did anyone actually try the "big" Axon 7? Is it a good choice in this price group (<$500), or can you recommend something else?
I looked at Leeco, but audio only via USB-C adapter put me off...

LG V20

May 25, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #7,810 of 7,916
Hi guys,

How is the LG G6 sound quality via the 3.5mm jack without the Quad-DAC? Does it still has a good DAC? Maybe comparable to the Galaxy S7 or others?

I want to buy a good Smartphone to pair with my 1more triple driver and Spotfy. The problem is, where i live, it's hard to find those chinese brands.

May 25, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #7,811 of 7,916
Thank you friends, it was the same information I needed, I bought 1 xplay 6 black and it should arrive in 10 days, reliable seller, you have more than 30 positive reviews only with xplay 6 if you wish, it follows his link. Because black is new, it ends up being a little more expensive.

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Vivo...1b52aeb34d8639e48-1495106240011-08867-2v37IQv

Activating Cash Returns Alibonus and deals99 will have an 11% return on invested value, fantastic.

I have the black one from this store, and that's my second Vivo, after Xshot. I'm more than happy. Beautiful and premium design, great battery life. After a month, I do not regret my decision.

May 25, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #7,813 of 7,916
Hi guys,

How is the LG G6 sound quality via the 3.5mm jack without the Quad-DAC? Does it still has a good DAC? Maybe comparable to the Galaxy S7 or others?

I want to buy a good Smartphone to pair with my 1more triple driver and Spotfy. The problem is, where i live, it's hard to find those chinese brands.

Second post from this same page there is a guy talking about the LG G6 quad DAC comparing it to a dedicated DAP, the Cayin i5.

May 25, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #7,814 of 7,916
That looks very interesting, but it seems very hard to get here in Europe (SK,CZ) as it is not officially sold here. Does anyone by any chance have a recommendation on where to buy it online and have it shipped here in EU? I found some sellers from Ireland on ebay but not sure if they are reliable.

Try looking on ebay. But need to ensure you buy 2 sim version. LG V20 has both 1 sim and 2 sim model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back