Benjie Offical Thread
May 19, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #1,396 of 2,126
Did the reset solve the issue?

reset didnt solve the issue.

it looks like the battery is completely drained, and Benjie FW starts up the device every time usb cable is attached, and then drains the battery completely, and repeats this trickle charge / start up / complete drain cycle...

maybe battery is bad? i wonder if I can still re-flash to AGP FW just to see... but I dont have a windows computer at work, only Linux, so I will check later tonight when I get home...

May 19, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #1,397 of 2,126

it looks like the battery is completely drained, and Benjie FW starts up the device every time usb cable is attached, and then drains the battery completely, and repeats this trickle charge / start up / complete drain cycle...

maybe battery is bad? i wonder if I can still re-flash to AGP FW just to see... but I dont have a windows computer at work, only Linux, so I will check later tonight when I get home...

I flashed it almost as soon as I got it. The benjie s/w was unstable for me.

May 19, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #1,398 of 2,126
Excuse my smudges! Loving this kit:yum:

UES5 Customs.JPG

May 21, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #1,399 of 2,126

I experienced the same issue previously when i flashed the player. Was pretty sad during that time but i tried to plug in the player and re-flash it again and now its still going strong.

Idk if it works for urs but at least its worth a try

May 21, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #1,402 of 2,126
Can someone compare s5 with walnut or zishan z1?
Like @wastan said, SQ is much better and Walnut and Z1 drives most earphones better. Tho i rmb my ZST sounded better on the S5 than the Walnut. The S5 is no slouch itself as it can drive high impedence buds pretty well too.

But S5 comes with a screen which makes looking for songs easier. I can also name a few flaws in the S5 being no jump to now playing track option in the playlist, description of track truncates after a certain no. of characters.

The Walnut and Z1 has no screen, u cant tell what the song is playing, but the SQ definitely is a substantial step up. The new Walnut and the Z1 has shuffle function which is real dope.

Walnut has better battery life, probably ard 20 over hours (old version). Z1 i havent tried to run it down yet but from the replies previously, it should be ard 10-12. S5 can give u ard 12-14hrs.

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #1,404 of 2,126
Benjies are great for the price matched with the right buds/iem's you would be surprised, been reading how many folks like the K9 but of my three it is my least favorite from the ground up (the dang external speaker makes me scream when I pull out my phones and the transistor radio hits):unamused: I rate them sound wise S5>T6>K9, looks wise T6>S5>K9. The S5 and T6 are so close it would really just be a choice in screen for many. I like my T6 as much as my FiiO M3:wink:

Tale of two Benjies.JPG

May 22, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #1,405 of 2,126
I experienced the same issue previously when i flashed the player. Was pretty sad during that time but i tried to plug in the player and re-flash it again and now its still going strong.

Idk if it works for urs but at least its worth a try

I am sad to report back that my S5 is stuck in a reboot loop and cannot be recognize by both windows and Mac

GG it had a good run until Walnut v2 came along...

May 23, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #1,406 of 2,126
I am sad to report back that my S5 is stuck in a reboot loop and cannot be recognize by both windows and Mac

That sucks, the S5 is a real quality player :frowning2:

May 23, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #1,407 of 2,126

My memory says (take this with a grain of salt) that someone was in a similar situation and it was suggested to try different ports and cables and that did work.

memory.jpg

May 24, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #1,408 of 2,126
My phone's headphone jack is broken so I'm looking for a good DAP under $40. Which one is better in terms of sound quality? Benjie S5 or Benjie K9. The S5 is just $33 while the K9 is $33 here in my country so price is not a problem for me.

May 25, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #1,409 of 2,126
Yesterday I got my Benjie S5, and I wonder what is the best I can do with it.

To start with I'm wondering if I bought the right player/recorder.

Two things confused me on the info I could get: calling the S5 a lossless player/recorder, when MP3 is by definition a lossy coded, and that it could record (play?) pcm/wav.

AFAIK pcm and waw are lossless codecs, that work at 44KHz or more oversampling and 16 bits or more. MP3 does not.

You can only specify up 1536kbps for recording, and even if it is pcm, that oversampling is too low for high quality recording. Bit rate is not specified.

Playing is another thing that is not specified. I copied a 44KHz/16 bit wav recording into the internal memory, but I don't think it remains that, does it?

I just want to know what I'm dealing with.

May 25, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #1,410 of 2,126
Yesterday I got my Benjie S5, and I wonder what is the best I can do with it.

To start with I'm wondering if I bought the right player/recorder.

Two things confused me on the info I could get: calling the S5 a lossless player/recorder, when MP3 is by definition a lossy coded, and that it could record (play?) pcm/wav.

AFAIK pcm and waw are lossless codecs, that work at 44KHz or more oversampling and 16 bits or more. MP3 does not.

You can only specify up 1536kbps for recording, and even if it is pcm, that oversampling is too low for high quality recording. Bit rate is not specified.

Playing is another thing that is not specified. I copied a 44KHz/16 bit wav recording into the internal memory, but I don't think it remains that, does it?

I just want to know what I'm dealing with.

When I got mine I found that nothing would play from internal memory, only from a card. From the card it played every kind of file that I put on it. The stock f/w was buggy so I flashed it to the AGPTek f/w and have not had any issues since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back