B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions
Apr 24, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #241 of 294
Bummer, that does sound like an issue with the BT receiver chip. I would strongly encourage you to at least consider the B&W P7. As well, the ONKYO H500BT is quite the nice signature and extremely portable if that is a consideration.

So do they sound almost like the P7(wired/non bluetooth)?
Cuz I recently bought a pair of P7 last month but it aint anything that i can wear to college (so I make do with my Shure SE215+FiiO A1). It's too big to be portable and then there is a wire:frowning2:. I really like the sound signature of the P7 a lot. So will the H7 be a safe investment for me????

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #242 of 294
I just tried to further investigate dbdynsty25s suspicion about a correlation of the ticking/clicking noise in the left ear cup and the app, since I also can hear it. As soon as I open the Beoplay App it's completely gone and won't come back until I close the App.

May 31, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #243 of 294
Hi there,

I just become an H7 owner and have a couple questions. Do I need to burn it in? Anyone done it and will it have any effect on these phones?
Another thing I noticed - they do have a bit more bass than I would like. It is possible to lower it with some equalizer tweaks, but some "mmm-mm-m" almost indistinguishable overbass is still there.
Been choosing between Momentum, B&W P7 and H7 to find the best for my old rock records to listen and after reading reviews thought that H7 have the most neutral, non-bass and clear sound.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jun 10, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #245 of 294
I'm having huge issues with my BeoPlay H7 (Rev1). It seems like the slider (on/off/pairing) is not behaving correctly or they have simply gone mental. I'm not able to put them in pairing mode. When pushing the slider to the top and holding it there for a few seconds which would normally make it go into pairing mode and the light is supposed to start flashing blue rapidly it will just go yellow. Upon realising it the light goes back to white but it's not paired to anything. I tried to do a software update but it's impossible to get it into "download mode" as holding the slider to the top for 12-15 seconds do not activate the red light so the software update software is never recognizing it. I have tried to connect it to my PC and my Mac using several different cables, I have tried to hold the slider for several minutes, I have tried with and without the battery connect... It just refuses to work.

So all I can do is turning them on, use them with the only device it recognises automatically (my iPad) and am able to charge them. I can't pair them to any new / other devices, I can't update them or anything. I was foolish enough to remove them on my iPad just to see if that would help, but now they won't connect to anything...

Jun 10, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #246 of 294
When pushing the slider to the top and holding it there for a few seconds which would normally make it go into pairing mode and the light is supposed to start flashing blue rapidly it will just go yellow. Upon realising it the light goes back to white but it's not paired to anything.
If I remember correct - upon holding the switch it first goes yellow and then starts flashing blue. Try holding it longer. It really takes longer to hold than with many other devices.

Jun 10, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #248 of 294
I've updated have 2x BeoPlay H7's and 1x BeoPlay H9's so I'm custom to the update process. These H7's are not working as intended, they light doesn't go blue at all and never goes red.
So it is microcontroller or bluetooth chip issue then, might be firmware. Since it does respond to the switch position, but does not go any further. I do repair some devices, so this is my opinion.

Jun 15, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #249 of 294
Can the BeoPlay app connect to it using the secondary Bluetooth connection?

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #250 of 294
Hi guys,

first post here, i am having a dilemma what should i buy between H7 and H8.

I have read numerous reviews, all threads here, and as i can see both models have minor "bugs" to some extent. When i say "bug" i mean

H7:

- ticking sounds mostly in the left cup (as i understood from dbdynsty25's comments it is after you update a software w beoplay to 9.1.3?)
- some white noise in certain cases

H8

- a dull tap when someone is walking (with ANC on)
- connection issues and dropouts

I would appreciate if someone could give me a heads up or help, because otherwise, they both seem like a super pair of headphones. Good sound, i tested them both for about 30min each in BnO store - a bit more clear and better on H7, but more bass heavy on H8. For what i want, they are more or less equal, and i dont mind over ear or on ear. ANC is not crucial, but from my (limited) use of it, i found it usable and a fine addition. Altough i dont use plane or tube that much.

I just want to avoid any issues like above. Are they fixed or can be avoided in certain way? That would really help to come down to a definite choice.

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #251 of 294
Hi guys,

first post here, i am having a dilemma what should i buy between H7 and H8.

I have read numerous reviews, all threads here, and as i can see both models have minor "bugs" to some extent. When i say "bug" i mean

H7:

- ticking sounds mostly in the left cup (as i understood from dbdynsty25's comments it is after you update a software w beoplay to 9.1.3?)
- some white noise in certain cases

H8

- a dull tap when someone is walking (with ANC on)
- connection issues and dropouts

I would appreciate if someone could give me a heads up or help, because otherwise, they both seem like a super pair of headphones. Good sound, i tested them both for about 30min each in BnO store - a bit more clear and better on H7, but more bass heavy on H8. For what i want, they are more or less equal, and i dont mind over ear or on ear. ANC is not crucial, but from my (limited) use of it, i found it usable and a fine addition. Altough i dont use plane or tube that much.

I just want to avoid any issues like above. Are they fixed or can be avoided in certain way? That would really help to come down to a definite choice.

For what ever it's worth: I love my H7, bought them more than a year ago and use them every day. Never updated the firmware though and have none of the reported issues. Don't need/like ANC or on ear. Have you considered the H9? Haven't tried them, but they could give you the best of the two?

Jun 24, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #252 of 294
Thanks for the reply. I will keep that in mind about the firmware update.

I tested H9 also for about 30 mins in the shop and they were surprinsingly way weaker then h7 and h8 when it comes to volume. Sales guy in b&o said that they had numerous returns because of that and that they await a fix.

So i kind of narrowed it down to h7 and h8. I feel i wont lose much in terms of comfort or sq whatever i choose but these issues with dropouts or white noise that are mentioned would really annoy me for such expensive headphones

Jul 2, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #253 of 294
The H7 are not fully over-ear. Some part of my ear lobe does stick under the pads and it hurts after several hours. I can only imagine the smaller on-ear H8 would be even more painful. Nevertheless I love my H7. The bass is full range down to 20 Hz and it is one of the few full range headphones with aptX Low Latency for gaming.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #254 of 294
Has anyone had success using 3rd party pads with the H7 (i.e. Brainwavz)? They are unwearable for me. Practically brand new, sitting unused, it's very frustrating not being able to use them. I need to figure out a way to replace the pads or find them a new home:frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back