AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard for Computer Audio
May 18, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #3,076 of 3,694
Initially it began to work and I thought it sounded like crap...until I realized I was sending the left channel to both speakers and listening to mono. Like I said - not easy to configure. Finally got it all sorted out.....and.

I did this same thing recently upon returning my rig from a meet. Listening to 'Kind of Blue', I found Cannonball Adderley "all ambient" in one channel---lol! Took me a bit to find the two green check marks in the same column in Dante Controller.

Enjoy it!!

May 21, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #3,077 of 3,694
I recently added a 2nd Mutec 3+, this time the 3+USB version to my AOIP setup.
It is being powered by my new dedicated dual LPS.
This addition came 'alive' when I added another matching Audio Sensibility AES cable to the rest of the cables in this digital audio chain.

Such that the whole system is now blossoming, much to my delight.

It is headed towards what I call Hearing Everything (HE).

This is a degree of transparency where every sound source (I call them 'voices') are homogeneous unto themselves and are fully recognizable as such.
It's like there is no guesswork as to what I'm hearing, no gaps or confusion in following any single 'voice' be it lyrics or the full 'harmonic structure' of an instrument.
Not to mention the whole of the acoustic impression as it is heard.

IOW there is less mental effort required while listening, less 'strain' trying to figure out, or 'reconstruct' the sum total of the acoustic presentation, as a whole.
There is just the flow of the music as it continues to unfold.

Way Kewl.

JJ

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #3,078 of 3,694
I'm unable to play 192kHz files through my D16 (works fine with 44.1kHz files), i.e. I can't get the channels routed correctly. Error message on channel routing is 'source demands more latency than receiver has available'. So I go into the device settings and increase the D16 latency from 250usec to 500usec or even 5ms and still get the same error message. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

May 21, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #3,083 of 3,694
Yes I got the Foobar issue sorted thanks. My main problem now is the lack of 192khz playback reported above.

Thanks, looks like I wasn't clear enough. I installed Dante Virtual Soundcard but it does not appear on below screen. Why is that? I want to set that as a default playback device so that any audio played (whether Youtube or any streaming) on my computer are routed to Dante device such as Focusrite Rednet 3 or Atterotech unDAES. Is that possible?

upload_2017-5-21_15-32-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-21_15-31-29.png
    upload_2017-5-21_15-31-29.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 0
May 22, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #3,085 of 3,694
What speakers & headphones?

Sorry it doesn't say on your profile.

Speakers are Adam S3X-V and cans are SR009. Anyway the problem is sorted now. I spent most of the day on the phone and email to Focusrite who it is true give excellent customer service. It turns out my D16 firmware was not updated properly and now it sings like an angel on anything from 44 to 192khz.

May 22, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #3,086 of 3,694
Thanks, looks like I wasn't clear enough. I installed Dante Virtual Soundcard but it does not appear on below screen. Why is that? I want to set that as a default playback device so that any audio played (whether Youtube or any streaming) on my computer are routed to Dante device such as Focusrite Rednet 3 or Atterotech unDAES. Is that possible?

Sorry I can't help with that. But would it make much difference with YouTube videos?

May 23, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #3,087 of 3,694
Thanks, looks like I wasn't clear enough. I installed Dante Virtual Soundcard but it does not appear on below screen. Why is that? I want to set that as a default playback device so that any audio played (whether Youtube or any streaming) on my computer are routed to Dante device such as Focusrite Rednet 3 or Atterotech unDAES. Is that possible

I do not think that you can play apps that use Windows sound like Youtube or Pandora without using a third party app like Virtual Cable. I installed it and it works well.

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/

May 23, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #3,088 of 3,694
Hi everyone,

I am using focusrite am2 with dante interface, I am using Jriver on Mac system and have set up the chain using rednet control 2 and dante controller, dvs, etc. Yet how can I do automatic sampling rate change?

Thanks!

May 23, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #3,089 of 3,694
I don't think it's possible to do automatic sample rate change on the Dante gear. It's a pain in the behind everytime you want to change source but IMO well worth it for the quite large step up in SQ vs USB.

May 23, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #3,090 of 3,694
Hi everyone,

I am using focusrite am2 with dante interface, I am using Jriver on Mac system and have set up the chain using rednet control 2 and dante controller, dvs, etc. Yet how can I do automatic sampling rate change?

Thanks!

With a firmware update and a new version of Controller you can do SRC with a D16 or an RN3 but to be honest it is very buggy.

You would need to check with Focusrite to see if your AM2 can do SRC.

I just leave everything on 192K and it sounds wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back