Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Apr 5, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #2,431 of 3,093
Received my unit today and I truly like them :)
The switch on the back is for cutting the amp when no signal is received (in order to leave it always on if you wanted to do so)
I would be interested as well on opinions between the low and high gain. I have the impression that the mids are pushed a bit more forward by the high setting but this is probably just my impression :)

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #2,433 of 3,093
  Very interested in whether to use high or low gain too. Also does your volume slider in windows not work or just me?

I think that's normal since sound signal is sent in digital form to external DAC not PC's build in sound card. I heard someone said low gain adds a little bit warmth while high gain is more neutral. But there are others saying they are basically no difference other than 12dB louder in high which allows less control with volume switch. Would be interested to hear more opinions here. 

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #2,434 of 3,093
  I think that's normal since sound signal is sent in digital form to external DAC not PC's build in sound card. I heard someone said low gain adds a little bit warmth while high gain is more neutral. But there are others saying they are basically no difference other than 12dB louder in high which allows less control with volume switch. Would be interested to hear more opinions here. 

No difference... Volume control should not work in your PC...

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #2,435 of 3,093
Received my unit today and I truly like them :)
The switch on the back is for cutting the amp when no signal is received (in order to leave it always on if you wanted to do so)
I would be interested as well on opinions between the low and high gain. I have the impression that the mids are pushed a bit more forward by the high setting but this is probably just my impression :)
How long did it take to arrive? I ordered mine. like 2 weeks ago. im from PH. thanks

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #2,440 of 3,093
Yeah mine is scheduled to go out on the 15th as well and I ordered on March 2nd and yes I did receive the 5% discount is that why its taking longer than usual?
i think that is their policy. i havent still receive any updates from them on my order. i paid last march 25. 20 days lead time is this april 15. i also paid the full price 330 including shipping

Apr 15, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #2,445 of 3,093
Guys,

Anyone had problems with USB driver on Win 10 Creators Update? It says to me "driver not intended for this platform".
Work perfectly on previous Windows 1607 version, I had to reinstall due to some other problems related to other applications.
Now I cannot make my NFB11 work again. Luckily I have also a Chord 2Qute as a second DAC and works perfectly.

Later edit: SOLVED IT via some instructions a few pages ago. It seems something went wrong during the installation. I will not say more than, if you have problems and want somehow to uninstall all driver/asio parts completely to repeat the install process, please use Revo Uninstaller. Incredible software, it uninstalled and deleted all registry entries. After that I was able to install the driver without error. When driver created problems, I just installed manually ViaUsbAudio.inf like described a few pages ago and now everything works perfectly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back