Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Aug 25, 2012 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3,093

HeatFan12

Headphoneus Supremus
Aug 26, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 3,093
I would like to know more about this..seems like good components but does it output great sound...

Subscribed 
popcorn.gif

Aug 26, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #4 of 3,093
Quote:
Ditto....mine is due shortly as well. Anxious to put this head-to-head with my NFB-11 to see how the new USB implementation sounds.

Do you have a USB NFB-11? I'm wondering the differences too. I mean, for the music I have (mostly CD) I think the sampling capabilities might be overkill.

Aug 26, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #5 of 3,093
Quote:
Ditto....mine is due shortly as well. Anxious to put this head-to-head with my NFB-11 to see how the new USB implementation sounds.

I am mainly wondering about the DAC implementation rather than the amp. Due to the ESS 9018 DAC (same as ones in Wyred DAC-1 and -2 so hopefully the output is somewhat similar perhaps???). My hope anyway. Would be great if someone could compare to their DACs. 

Quote:

Do you have a USB NFB-11? I'm wondering the differences too. I mean, for the music I have (mostly CD) I think the sampling capabilities might be overkill.

There is no such thing as overkill...
wink_face.gif

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #6 of 3,093
I'm looking forward to hearing the ES9018, the USB implementation, the amp, the works.
In 2010 I sent the money for one of the promo units but then Kingwa advised about the USB problems with the Sabre chip and if we wanted to wait or get a refund. At the time I chose the latter and here we are two years later and from the tracking, my NFB-11.32 is in Miami already.

Gotta give Kingwa props for staying with the project until a solution was found.

Good times!!!

Sent From My iPad From Ultrasone Planet Using Tapatalk HD

Aug 27, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #8 of 3,093
I never had a problem with the NFB11 and usb. I love the sound from the Sabre chip. And considering that I got it for free (besides shipping fee) thanks to Currawong, I couldn't be happier with my first DAC/amp combo. 

@NK77: I mean overkill for my music. If there is no discernible difference, to me that is overkill.

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #12 of 3,093
Well, plugged her in and been listening for about an hour.  Drivers were a breeze to install...First test via usb was my different file format playlist (FLAC & WavPack)(16/44.1, 16/48, 24/48, 24/88.2, 24/96, 24/192 & 32/192) w/ Foobar.  Flawless...I don't like dropouts, hiccups, time delays etc...It was a smooth transition from one to another with no hesitation whatsoever and just kept moving along...

How is the sound?  Well, let's just say it was worth the two year wait for me...
beerchug.gif

For my first test headphone, I chose the PRO750s.  Why?  Two reasons 1) I'm an Ultrasone freak...lol.....2) The PRO750s when paired with various sources that don't play well with them (analytical, bright etc...), the highs on them get to some high levels and make your eyes red...lol...just kidding but you get the picture.  Love 'em but they tend to be source dependent sometimes.
I read many posts on the Sabre and all conclusions led to very detailed, transparent and basically, it beautifully represents your source material.

Well, let's see...I have been a part of the head-fi community for six years and I have read many posts and listened to a variety of gear with a variety of headphones.  There are those who say you need to spend big money for a "wow" moment and those who say you can spend little money for a "wow" moment.  Both camps are correct as long as the "wow" moments keep happening.

The detail and instrument separation without losing anything from the spectrum and keeping everything tight and crisp made me have a "wow" moment my friends.  Can you have a "wow" moment with your source for $340 (shipped)?   Absolutely...

Next few hours will be swapping phones and see what this bad boy has in store.

I have to say, source material is going to be very important.  Not to get into a lossless vs. lossy discussion but if you listen mostly to low bitrate mp3s, you will hear the missing artifacts and sounds very dry.  On the other hand, when I listen to some sick vinyl rips that my buddy does for me, the crackle and pops between the tracks even sound good...lol.....Of course I'm blowing it up but you can understand....

Quick shiiity phone pic...

Cheers!!!

Aug 27, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #14 of 3,093
Quote:
Hi HF12 ...Wow ... nice.
Did you get the Upgrade TCXO for USB chip and ES9018 option ?

Hi Wucy24,

Thanks...It is a great sounding package.
In reference to the TCXO, no I did not get it.  I wanted to get my order in quickly  for the promo units and honestly Kingwa's "stock" configurations are so ahead of the game in terms of components, features etc. that I figured it would be good nevertheless.

Cheers!!!

Testing the DAC now with a little tube love...Sounding good indeed...

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #15 of 3,093
Ha ha... i see ... I ordered the nfb11.32 with the usb and the sabre chip TCXO crystal upgrade...18 Aug 2012 ... and still awaiting for it.
Kingwa told me they are testing and burning in the crystal clock upgrade ... which will take longer time to manufacture the DAC.
I will pair it with a srh840 headphone, Dared kt88 tube amp and comparing the SQ with ibasso anaconda D12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back