Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
May 19, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #18 of 4,796
More expensive than the Unique melody planar IEM.
that iem somehow seems to have gone into oblivion as i did not see any excitement or impressions about the unique melody plannar

May 19, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #21 of 4,796
Mm..wondering about that myself. No signiicant review. It seems the only thing going for it is the lower price.
its strange as some big names like jhaudio roxanne 2 iem barley u find any impression on it as well
and unique melody planar nothing at all
and for example crosszone headphone nothing besides few lines

May 19, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #22 of 4,796
I am tempted by these bad boys. I was blown away by th e iSine 20 but can the LCD i4 sound $1900 better. I must read the reviews, perhaps audition them.
Curious as well whether the i4 will blow the iSine 20 out of the water, as the price premium seems to suggest. Is it the mini-LCD 4?
To my ears the LCD-i4 absolutely spanks the iSINE 20 when you have the right gear in front of it. I'll say that more than once I found myself taking off my Ether FLOW and reaching for the LCD-i4.

Would a mojo drive these?
Yep, they pair nicely.

Will Cipher cable work with these? I'd rather just use this with my phone rather than Mojo etc.
The LCD-i4 will work with the Cipher cable, but it won't be reaching its potential. Same goes for using the LCD-i4 with Apple's 3.5mm dongle. IMO if you plan to use the Cipher cable exclusively, you're better off going with one of the iSINEs.

May 19, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #23 of 4,796
Strange that the THD of the LDCi4 is quoted as <0.2% and the iSine20 is <0.1%. Admittedly both really low but I wonder why the iSine20 has less?

May 19, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #24 of 4,796
The LCD-i4 will work with the Cipher cable, but it won't be reaching its potential. Same goes for using the LCD-i4 with Apple's 3.5mm dongle. IMO if you plan to use the Cipher cable exclusively, you're better off going with one of the iSINEs.

I see. I'll use an amp then. I don't like iSine's design.

May 19, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #25 of 4,796
To my ears the LCD-i4 absolutely spanks the iSINE 20 when you have the right gear in front of it. I'll say that more than once I found myself taking off my Ether FLOW and reaching for the LCD-i4.

Yep, they pair nicely.

That is mighty impressive because I find the iSINE 20s very impressive! :smile_phones:

May 19, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #26 of 4,796
Thanks AxelCloris for your keen impression on the LCD-i4. I am sorely tempted, I must do some rational thinking lol.

May 19, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #27 of 4,796
That is mighty impressive because I find the iSINE 20s very impressive! :smile_phones:
Yes I was very impressed/ blown away by the iSine 20. So the LCD-i4 must sound like the proverbial voice of god. Just wish the cable was a tad longer.

May 19, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #28 of 4,796
Mm..so I take it that the i4 has the same sound signature as the iSine 20 but done much better? Does it really take after its big brother, the LCD 4?

What gear did you use to listen to the i4? Mojo only? Others? DAPs? Tube amps?

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #29 of 4,796
Why is so expensive? Because it sound good.
Meh.
I tested the Audeze lcd XC, and for me all Audeze has a stupid over-price like my se846

It's only a open planar magnetic solution, they are nothing of other universe.
Stop over price, please.
My ibasso it03 have a more wide soundstage than 1799 usd audeze XC 2015, how xc can cost that?, stop production the actually audeze LCD and put the lcd-4 for new flagship. This audiophile world is like to '' smartphone '' world, 2 smartphones per year with Over-price. The funny part is: both is the same.

What is the next? lcd 5 for 5999usd? lcd 6 for 9999 usd?. Ok.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back