Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 25, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #2,806 of 7,352
I mean, the cipher cable is a "vertically integrated" product. It was made to power the iSine and the DSP magic seems like it not only corrects for frequency response but models speaker style soundstage if I'm understanding the last comment from Cipher's dev correctly.

It's "in ecosystem" and reaps the benefits.

Jun 25, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #2,807 of 7,352
I mean, the cipher cable is a "vertically integrated" product. It was made to power the iSine and the DSP magic seems like it not only corrects for frequency response but models speaker style soundstage if I'm understanding the last comment from Cipher's dev correctly.

It's "in ecosystem" and reaps the benefits.
I'm sure KMann will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure there's no speaker emulation in the Cipher cable.

Jun 25, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #2,808 of 7,352
I don't know if there's any more dsp than eq going on in the cipher. But I got far better sound by using cipher eq on a decent dac/amp than using the cipher cable.

Jun 25, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #2,810 of 7,352
i know this is not in the price range comparison but how does it compare to SE846? My friend said there's a huge difference. He went aboard so I cant borrow and compare. Anyone?

Jun 25, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #2,812 of 7,352
We have posted about this before. We are waiting for the ecosystem to mature a bit. Computer Audiophile has a post about the state of android support. The current cipher cables have the ability to do USB-C internally. But with the fragmentation on android and the issues like lack of HW volume control, issues in USB enumeration, we are waiting for it to mature a bit before releasing it. We are afraid, our support will be inundated.
More information here
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/an-audiophile-switches-from-ios-to-android/

Every USB-C phone I've used has functioned with my external USB DAC/AMP. The LG G5, Nexus 6P and Axon 7. I'm sure there is more to it than I'm aware of, but I'm really hoping this will become a reality sooner rather than later.

I't would allow some of us to turn our old Android phones into a poor man's Android DAP.

i know this is not in the price range comparison but how does it compare to SE846? My friend said there's a huge difference. He went aboard so I cant borrow and compare. Anyone?

I no longer have my SE846 so I can't make a direct comparison. Obviously the SE 846 being far more isolating, which some may prefer.

All comparisons are made from memory, so to be taken with a grain of salt. The iSine sound more like headphone than IEM, as they have a greater sense of openness, but to my ear still maintain some sense of intimacy in the vocals. The 846 will probably have a greater of intimacy (can't recall) but to my memory will sound less open in general. I also don't recall liking the bass on the 846 as much as I like it on the iSine, but I an generally a fan of planar bass.

Comfort wise I had a bit of an issue with the 846 due to it's deep insertion. My ear canal would begin to hurt after a while and I would have a little but of an issue with maintaining a seal, an issue I have with most IEMs. The iSine sometimes causes a little discomfort as the housing touches the back of my ear and some days the earhooks bother me more than others. Overall I can wear the iSine longer personally.

I think the iSine is the clear price for performance winner. Which one you'll ultimately prefer is up to you. For me it's the iSine.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #2,813 of 7,352
Well I've had both. I expected to be wowed by the SE846s, but wasn't. I payed half as much for the iSINE 20s and they wowed me. The sense of detail, openness and instrument separation is unparalleled in comparison to other IEMs. In fact you can't put these in the same class as IEMs; they're in-ear headphones. Open-back headphones. So just make sure you listen in a quiet environment.

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #2,814 of 7,352
I like the iSine so much that I decided to get extra pairs of earhooks & eartips in case if they no longer manufacture them in future.
I had ordered a 25$ accessory kit from Audeze by a custom paypal payment which was supposed to have spiral & manual tips and 2 pairs of each transparent,black & rubberised earhooks,instead I just got one pair of each earhook!!
The thing is I live in India,I had them delivered to a friend in US who was arriving in India,he just arrived & I see half the kit!!
I'm so freaked at the services offered by Audeze!!
I know they are currently moving their headquarter but that doesn't mean they had to compromise customers service!!
Would appreciate a proper PM or quote from you @Audeze .

& it doesn't stop here...
IMG_5496.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #2,816 of 7,352
I like the iSine so much that I decided to get extra pairs of earhooks & eartips in case if they no longer manufacture them in future.
I had ordered a 25$ accessory kit from Audeze by a custom paypal payment which was supposed to have spiral & manual tips and 2 pairs of each transparent,black & rubberised earhooks,instead I just got one pair of each earhook!!
The thing is I live in India,I had them delivered to a friend in US who was arriving in India,he just arrived & I see half the kit!!
I'm so freaked at the services offered by Audeze!!
I know they are currently moving their headquarter but that doesn't mean they had to compromise customers service!!
Would appreciate a proper PM or quote from you @Audeze .

& it doesn't stop here...
send them an email and explain your situation, they usually reply pretty fast and have great customer service.

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #2,818 of 7,352
You're right,but they seem to be quite busy while moving their office they tend to reply in days for the last month!!
Besides I live in India hence I believe they'd just give up on my situation!!!
@meetpatel3686 - I just reviewed your email. It is Sunday evening here and customer support will be back in the office tomorrow. It looks like they shipped you a standard kit as opposed to a kit with 2 sets of earhooks. We will take care of you tomorrow once we are back in the office.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 25, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #2,819 of 7,352
@meetpatel3686 - I just reviewed your email. It is Sunday evening here and customer support will be back in the office tomorrow. It looks like they shipped you a standard kit as opposed to a kit with 2 sets of earhooks. We will take care of you tomorrow once we are back in the office.
I appreciate you reaching out immediately.I will wait for your email,thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back