Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 24, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #2,416 of 7,352
I had the V20 and using the 10's with it was great, but not in stock form. I did the adapter trick to kick in the "External Device" mode from the low-impedance "Normal" mode and that still wasn't enough for my tastes, so I opted to get a Fiio Q1. While the phone does not have a system-wide EQ (only stock music player and for lossy files only), the bass enhancement on the Q1 was/is more than enough for me while streaming Tidal Hi-Fi. (and using the Q1 with my computer to stream MQA from the Tidal desktop app is a biiig plus)

Point is, if the Axon doesn't check for impedance when you plug them in, you're in for a treat.

I am also eagerly awaiting Audeze's final decision on the Cipher USB-C cable. That would be the cherry on top with the 10's.

Thanks for the reply. The V20 ability to scale according to the headphone/earphone connected, though cool, seems to be a hindrance in this case. I'm kinda glad I have the Axon 7 as I believe it doesn't such a trigger and delivers as much power or a bit more than V20 is capable of.

Fingers crossed on a USB-C Cipher cable being delivered in the near future. Since I was told my demo unite was found to have a defect prior to shipping, I switched to a demo unite with the cipher cable. I'm not an apple guy but just ordered an open box iPad Mini to try with the Cipher cable. So, I'll compare once my Axon 7 returns from repairs. Still I want a USB-C Cipher cable since I'm more of an Android guy.

So has anyone listened to BOTH the 10 and the 20 and can provide a definitive comparison yet? Just saying there isn't much difference (Zeos) isn't really working for me. I want to know is there a $200 dollar difference in SQ between the 2?

Thanx in advance TWIN

Over the last week I've read a large portion of the second half of this thread. It's crazy how the impressions vary from person to person when it comes to the 10 vs 20. SOme prefer the 10 some prefer the 20, some say the 10 has more highs some say the 30 does, some say the 10 has more bass some say the 20 does. Some say they are really close in sound other say one is superior.

There really is no substitute for listening with your own ears. Best you can do is decide who's impressions you trust more.

I went with the 10 as they where cheaper and I sound a demo unite at a decent price. Down the line I may pick up the 20 also and judge for myself.

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #2,417 of 7,352
I should have both in house tomorrow.. will provide impressions when I get some time with the 20. ive had the 10 for a month or so.

May 24, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #2,418 of 7,352
Just got the In-ear Groovy Kit for my iSine 20 from the Hong Kong dealer and I think its a must-have. The new groovy tips fit comfortably and it improve the noise isolation. The "extended" ear hook is way better than the stock one. I sense nothing on my ears after hours of listening. Strongly recommended! The better isolation also yields more consistent performance in either nosiy or quiet environment.

May 24, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #2,419 of 7,352
So i just got the isine 10s yesterday.. And out of the box, staright from my DP X1, i had a headache listening to them in about 30mins or so.. I don't know but there is just some frequency that maybe is giving me the headache.. Though after burning them in for a few hours with pink noise, it seemed to have tamed them a bit and can enjoy them now for longer.

May 25, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #2,420 of 7,352
So has anyone listened to BOTH the 10 and the 20 and can provide a definitive comparison yet? Just saying there isn't much difference (Zeos) isn't really working for me. I want to know is there a $200 dollar difference in SQ between the 2?

Thanx in advance TWIN
I've recently reposted my findings from when they were both launched.

If you don't want to look for it, the short of it is I don't find it to be nearly a $200. There's some more treble separation, and a little less treble "splashiness" in cymbals and what not, but it's like a $20-$50. Charging $200 for such a subtle difference is absurd. You will only ever notice if you're sitting down and focusing very deeply on comparing both models. Once you buy one and start listing to music(ie not reviewing the headphone) you won't notice a difference.

May 25, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #2,421 of 7,352
Having some hissing with the Cipher cable when app is paused. I remember somebody already mentioned it but maybe someone can enlighten me a bit more. So when I I listen to music via the Qobuz app or see a video via Youtube and I pause the app, I get a hissing sound in the isine20 via the Cipher cable. Is this an Apple problem or a Cipher one? Never experienced this before with my ifiNano for example.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #2,422 of 7,352
Thanx Guys. Kazekeil, I will look for your post. most appreciated.

TWIN

May 25, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #2,423 of 7,352
Two questions.

1. What is the cable you are using?
2. What is that case for your Nintendo switch?

Hey faithguy19,

1. I'm actually using an MMCX to IEM Pin adaptor from Audiohive :) here's the link: https://sgaudiohive.com/products/mmcx-to-various-iem-pin-adaptor
By using this adaptor you can connect every cable(balanced, unbalanced) you have with the iSines as long as they have MMCX connectors..
In my case I usually change between my Westones 50 pro 3.5mm cable and a balanced custom cable from Impactaudiocables: https://www.etsy.com/listing/247025988/custom-infinity-series-iem-cable
which I use with an Onkyo dp-x1 Dap balanced output and let me tell you, the balanced option brings them to life, they gain more power and a wider soundstage as well as extra clarity :) very very impressed!!

2. This is the one case:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XW7ZMCK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_TPxka4ekUIaTM

Hope this helps, mate!
cheers

May 25, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #2,424 of 7,352
Got the iSine back from RMA today. Good lord I forgot how good they sound.

While the new tips are better, I'm still getting the best sound with the Comply 600 Comforts. They seem to just seal my canal so much better. The bass tightens up and I can do a full insertion with perfect seal.
Just tried the Comply which came with my Audiofly AF78M. Also ordered some new. They are much more comfortable for me compared to all included silicon tips. Sound changes towards more darkness and more bass. Not that I like this but the comfort of the silicones is not good enough.

May 25, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #2,426 of 7,352
Just got the In-ear Groovy Kit for my iSine 20 from the Hong Kong dealer and I think its a must-have. The new groovy tips fit comfortably and it improve the noise isolation. The "extended" ear hook is way better than the stock one. I sense nothing on my ears after hours of listening. Strongly recommended! The better isolation also yields more consistent performance in either nosiy or quiet environment.

how much to get the hook and groovy kit from the agent please?

need to call/email them beforehand?

May 25, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #2,428 of 7,352

using jvc spiral dots for me. also tried foam tips before.

the groovy tips give me pain in my ear canal.

May 25, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #2,429 of 7,352
Well, just took the plunge. New isine10 should be in my hot little hands within a week or two. To avoid any warranty issues I ordered them direct from Audeze.
Hope I made the right choice instead of the 20's
Happy dance!

TWIN

May 25, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #2,430 of 7,352
nigh and day. i prefer my sine more than the isine.

Really!? Care to elaborate...or you can PM me the info. I have the Sine (out on loan) with ATH-MSR7 pads and SPC cables on it (balanced). I was wondering if the iSine10/20 would have been an upgrade. Granted... I haven't had much time with the Sine either.

Users who are viewing this thread

• BenF
Back