Any love for the Acoustic Research ARW300's?
Jun 25, 2011 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cam94z28

100+ Head-Fier
These have gone down to around $40 lately. They are a dual driver design, with 23mm mid/tweet, and 40mm "subwoofers"

One amazon review speaks pretty favorably of them, another said they are bass shy. I was just curious if anyone here has tried them? A search here found no results. They have been listed on amazon since 2004, and I can't believe there are very few reviews.

I believe at some point audiovox bought AR, but these were made before the switch.

The SRH240's are also recommended as a good sounding cheap can, but from what I've read they won't have enough bass for me. Anything else in the $40-50 range I should consider? My ideal sound signature would be that of the Klipsch Image One, especially in the bass department (heard them at BB), but I know that's not possible for my price range.

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 5
I am still awaiting opinions, but I guess the CAL! would be a better option for me for $20 more.

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 5
Shure are what I would say to buy

but then, a good full sized would cost you $100 and under, if you could, hold off and save up for a better set of cans, I can guarantee that you will be better satisfied.

Jun 25, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #4 of 5
...these look interesting. I wonder what the "subwoofer" is. From the looks of it, it seems to be the same system Phiaton uses for their dual driver headphones. The 23mm driver on top of the larger driver.

Jun 25, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 5
Probably just a 40mm mylar driver crossed over below a certain point. I ended up going with the PRO DJ100's, so I guess we'll never know, unless someone wants to take the plunge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back