Any info/reviews of the Soundblaster E3 and E1?
Jul 10, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #31 of 41
I'm also using the E3 together with my ASG-1. There a clear difference when its plugged into the computer, but SQ via my iPhone 5s bluetooth is not as good as wire

Jul 10, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #32 of 41
  How do you know if my Android Note 10.1's bluetooth is using APTX? I know it supports it, but is there anyway to know if it was successfully applied to the connect?

Your Note 10.1 should say something like 'connected to aptx device'. However, sometime the message goes out rather quickly and you might miss it. In that case, just go to your BT setting, disconnect / reconnect and the message will pop up again. aptx connection is just as normal as the regular BT connection, so as long as both sides are supporting it, it will always use it and won't drop to SBC.

Aug 4, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #35 of 41
Anyone did any pure audio DAC comparison between the E1 and the E3? I will mainly be using it with my surface pro as a DAC when I visit starbucks and travel, but being a portable amp for my iphone is a huge plus. Currently I am using the Asus U3 as my daily portable driver, but I want something that can be used as a portable amp for my phone.

Is the E3 just a bluetooth added version of the E1? Thanks

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #36 of 41
  Anyone did any pure audio DAC comparison between the E1 and the E3? I will mainly be using it with my surface pro as a DAC when I visit starbucks and travel, but being a portable amp for my iphone is a huge plus. Currently I am using the Asus U3 as my daily portable driver, but I want something that can be used as a portable amp for my phone.

Is the E3 just a bluetooth added version of the E1? Thanks

No, E3 isn't just a BT version of E1. The two actually has very similar amp section that based on the same chip, but the DAC section are different as E3 uses the PCM51xx from TI while E1 uses the all-in-one Conexant CX20562 codec. As far as DAC goes, E3 is better.

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #37 of 41

No, E3 isn't just a BT version of E1. The two actually has very similar amp section that based on the same chip, but the DAC section are different as E3 uses the PCM51xx from TI while E1 uses the all-in-one Conexant CX20562 codec. As far as DAC goes, E3 is better.

Thanks for the very useful information. E3 it is then. Do you think it would be powerful enough for a 150ohm headphone like the sennheiser HD700 or should I move all the way up to the E5 for that for portable use. 

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #38 of 41
  Thanks for the very useful information. E3 it is then. Do you think it would be powerful enough for a 150ohm headphone like the sennheiser HD700 or should I move all the way up to the E5 for that for portable use. 

Never tried HD700 before, but E3 should be fine spec wise driving when using as DAC+amp. As for E3 vs. E5, there is no doubt E5 will win on both power and SQ, but the main question is how big a rig you are willing to carry.

Jul 20, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #39 of 41
Just got this little tiny thing. Very impressed with its size. However when hooked up via bluetooth to my Nexus 5X, when I have the E3 volume at max, and phone volume at a comfortable level, there is a very noticeable hiss when playing my music on Google Play (not in general, only when a song starts) . It goes away if I do the reverse: turn the phone volume all the way up and turn the E3 volume down until I get a comfortable listening level. Is this normal?

I hear no hiss when using the included 3.5mm cable (i.e. when just using the e3 as an amp.) I don't have a USB C converter cable to try the OTG cord with it to test if it also happens that way.

2nd question: although SBX Studio has a surround option, Windows only sees this device as stereo speakers. How does it virtualize surround without virtualizing 5.1 or 7.1 to windows? This is dependent on individual games having their own surround setting, right?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #41 of 41
hello,

i have a question about the e1, can the onboard mic be used when IEMs are plugged in and the E1 is not plugged in to a pc?

I'm looking for something that will do the same job as the no longer made Shure push to hear module

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shure-push-to-hear-pth-module-only.678602/

Yes, I believe thats how it worked. I haven't used my E1 in a long time, but the E3 works like that. I mean obviously the E1 has to be plugged into the phone as its not a wireless device, but it should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back