Android: Neutron Music Player
Oct 1, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #481 of 1,374
is there a way to be refunded for neutron ?      i downloaded it on to my phone ( LG G4 )  to work with mojo,   but it doesnt seem to work at all,     i couldnt get any sound out of it through the mojo, so i uninstalled it,  it bmay be that i am doing something wrong but i tried for about  half a day and no luck    i know that other apps like usb audio pro works with the mojo on my phone

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #482 of 1,374
is there a way to be refunded for neutron ?      i downloaded it on to my phone ( LG G4 )  to work with mojo,   but it doesnt seem to work at all,     i couldnt get any sound out of it through the mojo, so i uninstalled it,  it bmay be that i am doing something wrong but i tried for about  half a day and no luck    i know that other apps like usb audio pro works with the mojo on my phone

Might be too late but under Audio Hardware settings, check Direct usb driver

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #483 of 1,374
  A long time quiet lurker here :wink:

Guys, anyone having random noise bursts with external DAC?

My setup: LG G3 (5.0.1), S6 Edge+ (5.1.1), Dragonfly DAC and Neutron with direct USB access.

My first thought was that there is a problem with DAC, but no: it works flawlessly for hours with Foobar on PC.

I've noticed that these noise bursts happen more often if I'll change the output freq - the highest setting, the higher chance for noise crack.

I am also facing the noise bursts issue with dragonflyV1.5 connected to meizu m2. The dragonfly works flawlessly when connected to Linux system. How did you recover from this? anyone else?

Dec 27, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #484 of 1,374
Dmitry (Neutron developer) corrected the software to properly detect DrangonFly. It works flawlessly for me now with DragonFly Red (I had black 1.2 before).

Try to reach him through neutron forums.

It should be ok now if youre using updated Neutron version (current google play for example).

Dec 29, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #485 of 1,374
I had been using UAPP with a prior portable DAC that didn't work correctly with Neutron, but after purchasing the CEntrance Mini-M8 to use with my android phone instead, decided to re-try neutron. Verdict: Definitely superior IMHO. I appreciate the ability to use crossfeed, dither, 32 bit output, DSD support (hit and miss on UAPP) and highly configurable parametric EQ as well. Even with all settings at default & no EQ, I find the sound quality preferable, with fuller, deeper stage and note thickness a bit more robust (UAPP sounded thin to me at times.) Bass presence is slightly greater but without undue sound coloration or bleed, and my favorite genre of classical piano has a pleasant yet percussive quality that is well extended but never strident. Not sure any of this makes sense as to how player software could impact SQ, and our old freinds placebo effect and expectation bias bias may be playing a role.In any event, I am enjoying Neutron very much.

Dec 31, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #486 of 1,374
Deleted

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #487 of 1,374
Hi everyone, i'm not able to set 64bit output on my xperia Z3+. If I activate 64bit Botton in setting, in hardware audio I see "64 (out:32)" however, even if the song is 64bit. It is a bug?

Feb 4, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #488 of 1,374
Hi everyone, i'm not able to set 64bit output on my xperia Z3+. If I activate 64bit Botton in setting, in hardware audio I see "64 (out:32)" however, even if the song is 64bit. It is a bug?

I'm assuming this is coming from DSD file source and you actually have 64bit capable DAC connected?

Feb 5, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #495 of 1,374
Ok, so If use a 32bit based phone, I will attend a 32 or 16 bit output playing a 64bit song? (always without external DAC)

Again, the 64bit in Neutron is only for the processing capability. If the song is 16bit it has a resampler to go up to 24bit, and vice versa (some phones have no choice on the latter, but some can output 24/96 or even 32/384 with no downsampling), but nowhere can you get a 64bit song. Again the 64bit is a lot more if you were using Windows 32bit or Windows 64bit, or a PS2 vs a PS4, but in no scenario in there would a 64bit OS by itself have an impact on the actual "bits" of the song itself, much less make any track 64bit/768khz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back