Advanced Sound Model 3 Impressions Thread
Oct 17, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #76 of 157
Mine just came in today and I'm enjoying it thus far! I've only owned the Sennheiser Momentums and the M6 Pros along with a Fiio DAC so fairly limited ears but these sound very solid IMHO. One thing I tried was listening while charging on the wireless cable and that didn't work, not sure why anyone would do this but just something I noticed. Once again, the foam tips weren't the most comfortable but didn't get as hot as some other ones I've tried and provide a good seal even with my right ear that always seems to have trouble with some ear tips. I'm also on an iPhone 6 so it's probably using the AAC technology but I really couldn't tell in that department. Otherwise no real complaints, the pendant shape seems a little odd but keeps the whole thing secure and light-weight.

Oct 23, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #77 of 157
How do they compare to the Audio-Technica IM70? And how much is shipping to Canada?

Also, has anyone tried whether it skips on the Sony Xperia Z5?

Oct 28, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #79 of 157
what do you think guys, should i get the model 3 or one of those : he momentum, the shure se 215, the HiFiMan RE400, or the VSonic GR07 I'm not into bass, I'm searching for sound clarity and good isolation i wanna know the opinion of someone who have 1 of those i mentioned just to compare and take an advice

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #80 of 157
Hello @Dzaaa I have used shure se215 extensively and momentum for like for 10 minutes (borrowed from friend).. if you not into bass then go for model 3.
Advantages: sounds better than shure se215
Can be used wireless and wired (you want better experience order mmc cable from aliexpress or wait till advanced team launch Mmc cable). You will not be disappointed about sound quality.

Apologies for the delayed response.

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #81 of 157
  what do you think guys, should i get the model 3 or one of those : he momentum, the shure se 215, the HiFiMan RE400, or the VSonic GR07 I'm not into bass, I'm searching for sound clarity and good isolation i wanna know the opinion of someone who have 1 of those i mentioned just to compare and take an advice

I think that I'm going to have to politely disagree with @gprs007 on this one. The bass quantity is nearly identical, but the SE215 manages it better in my opinion. The true strength of the Model 3 is that is significantly better at producing treble and maintaining mid-range texturing. In my mind the Bluetooth is just a handy extra. 

If you want better bass, SE215.

If you want better treble, go for the Model 3.

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #82 of 157
As Cinder said, it (the Model 3) is no bass-shy in-ear.
In addition to the really good treble and also midrange quality, I think the Model 3 also shines when it comes to soundstage - its portrayed spatiality sounds nicely open, large and precise to me.

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #84 of 157
thank you guys for your reply, indeed I'm not into bass so i think i would go with the model 3.

If you are NOT into bass/a bassy signature as a tonal base, imvho the Model 3 might probably be the wrong choice for you. I said it is no bass-SHY in-ear, meaning that it does have quite some oomph and bass elevation. Treble, midrange and resolution should however be what you are looking for.

What IEMs have you previously owned? What did you like about them, what not?

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #86 of 157
I've started doing some listening with the regular 4-pole cable included and I wouldn't be surprised if these don't use the same driver as the Shozy Zero, which I like a lot. They have a similar sweet, but not not strong treble, good mid-range, and fairly strong bass, which sounds pretty good to me as an all-rounder. It seems the Bluetooth module doesn't have much amplification power and can only just drive the IEMs, which is good enough for what they are, but wired out of a decent DAP they are quite a bit better than their price suggests.

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #89 of 157
After reading through the comments in this thread, I'm astonished by the reviews and supports by the manufacturer
bigsmile_face.gif
, kudos to that. I'm only one step away to purchasing this baby. One question though, how does this compare to Yamaha EPH-100? I've been using that IEM for the past 3-4 years, and grown accustomed to it (those triple flanged weird silicone eartips somehow fits mine perfectly). I liked (or get used to) the sound quality of Yamaha.

Second, what if I'm using this for sports? Does it have any problems? Sweat proofing (although I might not sweat a lot) perhaps? Those Jaybird X2 / X3 does not compel to me anymore after I found about this brand. Thanks!

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #90 of 157
After reading through the comments in this thread, I'm astonished by the reviews and supports by the manufacturer :bigsmile_face: , kudos to that. I'm only one step away to purchasing this baby. One question though, how does this compare to Yamaha EPH-100? I've been using that IEM for the past 3-4 years, and grown accustomed to it (those triple flanged weird silicone eartips somehow fits mine perfectly). I liked (or get used to) the sound quality of Yamaha.

Second, what if I'm using this for sports? Does it have any problems? Sweat proofing (although I might not sweat a lot) perhaps? Those Jaybird X2 / X3 does not compel to me anymore after I found about this brand. Thanks!

I havent compare them perfectly side by side.

But i found the eph 100 to be punchier and a bit tighter.

The midrange is a bit clearer.

The treble seems to be an issue for some users on the eph100.

I found the model 3 to be smoother with similar extension.

Im not sure id work out with the model 3s

Fabric cable doesnt work well with sweat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back