Advanced Sound Model 3 Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #107 of 157
I saw mobilefun has these in stock... Would those ones be the latest batch of the advance model 3s? Also, would these work as daily running BT headphones?!
Thank you

Can't speak on the stocking part, but yes, these would work well for running. I personally use them for bouldering and BMXing. 

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #108 of 157
  Can't speak on the stocking part, but yes, these would work well for running. I personally use them for bouldering and BMXing. 

I'll second this. The cable is well-balanced which is something I often have qualms with on other Bluetooth sets. They always ends up tilting to one side or another during activity, feeling unbalanced, and tugging on one ear piece. Annoying as heck. Not an issue with the Model 3, at least in my experience. Their admittedly unconventional cable setup is pretty darn secure.

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #109 of 157
So, I'm down to these or the Sony sbh80s. Nobody has compared these two? They're nearly the same price and both have good reviews here on head-fi. I'm losing sleep over which one to get, as I have to order soon so it arrives when I come back to the states for my short stay!
Any suggestions would help. These look like the same shape and fit as my shure se215s! So, I assume the same tips apply.

Jun 2, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #114 of 157
I recently received my pair of Model 3's and they an absolute stellar piece of hardware. The only issue that I am encountering is detaching the cables from the earpieces. I have to pull with a large amount of force in order for the two to detach and sometimes, they do not detach at all. I've seen some online videos of users detaching them with such ease and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. Do I need to align the cable and earpiece at any point to detach easier? I am afraid of damaging the cable or both when I detach the two.

Jun 4, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #115 of 157
I recently received my pair of Model 3's and they an absolute stellar piece of hardware. The only issue that I am encountering is detaching the cables from the earpieces. I have to pull with a large amount of force in order for the two to detach and sometimes, they do not detach at all. I've seen some online videos of users detaching them with such ease and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. Do I need to align the cable and earpiece at any point to detach easier? I am afraid of damaging the cable or both when I detach the two.
The MMCX connection has to be detached straight apart with even pressure. If you are forced to put too much pressure to take them apart, we may need to review the unit and determine whether it is a hardware issue. Please send us an email to info@adv-sound.com with your problem and we'll take care of the issue.

Jun 18, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #116 of 157
I've had mine a couple of weeks and just can't get a good enough fit with ANY eartips that I've tried that isolates enough to listen in a restaurant. I've even tried some three flanges that work perfectly on another IEM, but... the M3's form factor is so big that those known-to-work three flanges can't get in deep enough to seal.

Any ideas please...

(isolation is almost always a key problem for me)

Jun 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #117 of 157
I've tried to order through their website 5 times now and every single time they cancel my order because they say their system has detected that I am using a proxy or VPN, which is NOT true.

Has anyone had this experience? Their support is extremely unhelpful, depsite multiple e-mails. I am super frustrated with this company. I used a verified Paypal account that I have made thousands of purchases with, and this company is the ONLY one who has had this issue.

I don't know what to do. They don't want my money.

EDIT: screw em, I ordered from Amazon instead.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #118 of 157
yes. same nozzle as the UM series
I've been trying to figure out the best (and longest) 3 flange ear tips to try to get some decent isolation, but haven't yet. I looked up the nozzle sizes on ReboundEarTips size charts and.... ADV M4 are 5mm; The Westone UM series are listed as 3mm. Does anyone know the nozzel size of the Model 3's for sure?

I'd really like to use them, but they just don't isolate enough at all to listen to much of anything in a typical restaurant (where I most often choose / want to listen).

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #119 of 157
I've been trying to figure out the best (and longest) 3 flange ear tips to try to get some decent isolation, but haven't yet. I looked up the nozzle sizes on ReboundEarTips size charts and.... ADV M4 are 5mm; The Westone UM series are listed as 3mm. Does anyone know the nozzel size of the Model 3's for sure?

I'd really like to use them, but they just don't isolate enough at all to listen to much of anything in a typical restaurant (where I most often choose / want to listen).
I just measured them and they are 3mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back