Advanced Sound Model 3 Impressions Thread
Jan 18, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #137 of 157
So after comparing these with the Mee Audio P2 ... I'll probably end up returning the P2's.

The Model 3's are way more comfortable, warmer and fuller sound (though lacking a bit of detail in the mids compared to the P2's) and they don't skimp out on Comply tips. I had to go out and buy another set of Comply tips for the P2's just to try them out.

These are a really good value. You won't be disappointed in the Advanced Model 3's. I'm still not in love with the bluetooth cable but I can always buy the BTX1 bluetooth cable and replace since these are MMCX.

Bravo to the Adv-Sound team.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #138 of 157
Bit late to the party, but just published my review of the Model 3 on Head-fi, Everyday Listening and THL. In short, this is a really nice Bluetooth earphone at a very reasonable asking price.

I think a lot of people looking into a wireless earphone, especially for active use, should strongly consider the Model 3 for its comfortable, super stable fit and engaging sound. I did have some issues with the battery module slipping off my neck, but this is easily appended by using a shirt clip to anchor it to your collar.

The additional ability to use the wireless cable with other MMCX earphones is killer! I hope my review brings some new ideas to the table, hope you enjoy!

dsc065371.jpg

Feb 13, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #139 of 157
Bit late to the party, but just published my review of the Model 3 on Head-fi, Everyday Listening and THL. In short, this is a really nice Bluetooth earphone at a very reasonable asking price.

I think a lot of people looking into a wireless earphone, especially for active use, should strongly consider the Model 3 for its comfortable, super stable fit and engaging sound. I did have some issues with the battery module slipping off my neck, but this is easily appended by using a shirt clip to anchor it to your collar.

The additional ability to use the wireless cable with other MMCX earphones is killer! I hope my review brings some new ideas to the table, hope you enjoy!

Thanks. Nice review!

I've been sick for the last couple days so I've been loafing around the house with these. I've been able to wear them for over 10 hours (small change around the 5 hour mark) and there very comfortable.
No pain points or irritation. I even fell asleep on the couch with them on... oops!

Feb 13, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #140 of 157
Thanks. Nice review!

I've been sick for the last couple days so I've been loafing around the house with these. I've been able to wear them for over 10 hours (small change around the 5 hour mark) and there very comfortable.
No pain points or irritation. I even fell asleep on the couch with them on... oops!

Appreciated and glad you're enjoying your set, they make for a fun listen!

Feb 19, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #141 of 157
They have a forthcoming new model 3D which I heard the demo of at CanJam New York City. It's a hybrid with two balanced armatures and one Dynamic driver. Some other enhancements as well. Not sure when it will be available but my brief listen was very favorable. Good clarity in the mids and treble without a sibilance along with that satisfying visceral Dynamic driver base. Overall a coherent sound as well. Would love more detail about features and availability when available. It would be great if the cable had a 2 pin option to increase versatility with other IM and perhaps a bit longer battery life, but in any case my first listen whet my appetite to learn more...

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #142 of 157
They have a forthcoming new model 3D which I heard the demo of at CanJam New York City. It's a hybrid with two balanced armatures and one Dynamic driver. Some other enhancements as well. Not sure when it will be available but my brief listen was very favorable. Good clarity in the mids and treble without a sibilance along with that satisfying visceral Dynamic driver base. Overall a coherent sound as well. Would love more detail about features and availability when available. It would be great if the cable had a 2 pin option to increase versatility with other IM and perhaps a bit longer battery life, but in any case my first listen whet my appetite to learn more...

Oh man... this sounds awesome! I don't have any experience with hybrid IEM's yet. I wonder if this will fix some of the distortion I hear with some of the more complicated piano tracks, as well as some of the bass-heavy tracks.

May 26, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #143 of 157
Good day! I was wondering what aftermarket tips can I use with this?

I was thinking of Spinfit CP800

May 26, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #144 of 157

I heard it too, and my impressions were similar to yours. Pretty excited to see it hit the market.

May 26, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #146 of 157
Good day! I was wondering what aftermarket tips can I use with this?

I was thinking of Spinfit CP800

CP800's fit well in addition to any T100 sized tips. I recommend Westone STAR tips.

May 26, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #147 of 157
CP800's fit well in addition to any T100 sized tips. I recommend Westone STAR tips.

cannot find Westone STAR locally or a cheap deal

compared to the stock tips, does the CP800 make a difference?

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #148 of 157
cannot find Westone STAR locally or a cheap deal

compared to the stock tips, does the CP800 make a difference?

I don't personally love the CP800's as I don't get a good fit with them so I haven't tried them with the Model 3. With my UM 50 Pro, they sounded more balanced, not as warm as stock with more present treble. The effects may be quite different with the Model 3, but again, I don't get a good seal so take this with a grain of salt.

Jun 19, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #150 of 157
I haven't been on this forum in months... been pretty happy with my model 3's :ksc75smile:

would consider a hybrid pair, though!

I wonder if this will fix some of the distortion I hear with some of the more complicated piano tracks, as well as some of the bass-heavy tracks.

UPDATE to this though -- these were distorting because my iPhone had some bug in the bluetooth audio stack. Did a settings reset and now no distortion! Sounds amazing!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back