Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 19, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #1,246 of 2,999
I really love the Vido's (and Qian39's, and Monk+'s etc, not to mention Zens), oh, and I have some Awei es10's inbound from another galaxy apparently (I might see them some day).

So, I don't need any more earbuds.

Therefore I am now interested in those Elecoms lol!

They looks pretty nice, and I have a few Elecom iems which sound very good. So those Elecom earbuds are very enticing!

(yup, I have a problem)

NEED? When did that become a requirement?

need-photo-clipart_400-300.jpeg

May 19, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #1,247 of 2,999

Thankfully NEED has no part in it!

I see that the Elecoms here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252826924150

Getting them off of ebay means that I'll probably see them October lol. Too bad I can't find them on Aliexpress (I've had better luck with them, and probably get them by August at least lol), but I can't find them there. Oh well! Ebay it is.

May 19, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #1,249 of 2,999
My box from NiceHCK arrived today - containing the NiceHCK DIY PK2, a set of Blue Vido ("J" cable, no Mic), and a set of Blue Vido ("Y" cable, with Mic).
I've already listened to the first set of Blue Vido (don't like the "J" cable), connected to my Zishan Z1 for a bit, and I do like how they sound. Then I started disassembling them (the earbud shells come apart with very little force) - to begin the rewiring to an 8-strand "Y" cable this weekend. I'll probably also rewire my Blue Qian25 with the 8-strand cable.
Then I connected the second set of Blue Vido (I like the "Y" cable, but the Mic/Control cable splitter assembly is "clunky") to the Z1 for a while. They're comfortable to wear, and sound good, too. Depending on how well the Mic/Controls work with my Nexus 5 Android phone, I may also rewire this set.
Now, I'm listening to the NiceHCK DIY PK2 with the Z1, and the sound stage has opened right up, compared to the Vido. They seem to be more balanced sounding than the Vido, with good quality Bass, but just not as much quantity; and clearer, more detailed Midrange & Treble.

May 19, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #1,250 of 2,999
I have been bouncing back and forth between the TY HI-Z 32 ohm and the Vido. At first I thought there was a huge difference. I am starting to think the TY HI-Z has more bass than the Vido. The Vido seems to have a tad bit less bass.

Also, I just picked up some Monk+. With all of the Monk hype, I expected to be really wowed by the Monks. Sadly, the Monks haven't gotten much love. I have been really enjoying the Hi-Z 32 ohm and the Vido's. I think I should also say that I like bass driven music like reggae, dub and some electronic music. I feel like the Monks don't excel with this type of music. Perhaps I'm premature in saying this. Gosh, I've got to spend more time with the Monks!

The Zishan Z1 does seem to pair nicely with earbuds. The Zishan Z1 + earbuds makes for a nice sounding budget setup.

May 19, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #1,251 of 2,999
So, the U2 have been on the burner for a few hours.
In a direct comparison with Monk+ they seemed to have gotten a bit more clarity than yesterday, still are inferior though and the midrange came out a bit.
Since I'm no believer in 50+h burn in I think that will be about it. I really wish I could measure the FR of earphones to be sure it's not placebo (that's why I don't recall sound just like that, but based on comparison with others pre-burn-in)

May 19, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #1,252 of 2,999
May 19, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #1,254 of 2,999
May 20, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #1,256 of 2,999

I usually choose earbuds with the requirement that I might "need" it, nothing methodical like judging its sound sig, just a feeling I get when I see an earbud, sometimes I get lucky like with qian25, other times I don't like with the t-music v1

for a while I have been feeling that I need asura 2 and zen 2, but my wallet has other plans :p

May 20, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #1,258 of 2,999
I usually choose earbuds with the requirement that I might "need" it, nothing methodical like judging its sound sig, just a feeling I get when I see an earbud, sometimes I get lucky like with qian25, other times I don't like with the t-music v1

for a while I have been feeling that I need asura 2 and zen 2, but my wallet has other plans :p

Damn wallet always gets in the way.

Damn+you+steam+sale_c3bb13_4704150.jpg

May 20, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #1,260 of 2,999

I've already listened to the first set of Blue Vido (don't like the "J" cable), connected to my Zishan Z1 for a bit, and I do like how they sound. Then I started disassembling them (the earbud shells come apart with very little force) - to begin the rewiring to an 8-strand "Y" cable this weekend. I'll probably also rewire my Blue Qian25 with the 8-strand cable.

Finished the Vido rewiring - although, if you didn't see "Vido" written on the shell, it could just as easily have been the Qian25, since they appear to use the same housing.

They're rewired with the Blue 8-Strand Braided Copper Cable (that I made from the 4-Strand Twisted Cable), and have a Ranko 2.5mm TRRS Plug on the end.

These Vido really do have a synergy with the Zishan Z1. (Note: There's a 3.5mm TRS Plug to 2.5mm TRRS Jack Adapter in the Headphone Jack.)

DSC-170520-142756.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back