AAW Capri Balanced Lightning Audio Cable, with Type-C variant
Jul 10, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #76 of 212
The app is back on the IOS store. I can hear the hiss now after the downloading the app and connecting the Capri cable.

I dont hear any hiss on the Shure RMCE-LTG cable. I am going back to the shure cable.

Jul 12, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #79 of 212
This was the first time that I supported a crowd-sourced product through Indiegogo. Very disappointed that (at least some) supporters did not receive their cables yet. Assuming that I will one day see my purchase, I hope at least some of the early production flaws are corrected

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #81 of 212
So here’s my experience. I pre-ordered the 1.5m 2-pin cable in February, with the initial anticipated delivery date in April. I wanted the cable for an international trip in July. I expected delays (due to the nature of Indiegogo), but I did not think the delays would run this far. I saw some 1.2m cables shipped, but I kept relying on their promises of “2 more weeks” for my cable. After AAW announced another (yet another) delay of 10 days for the 1.5m cable, I asked them to change my order to the 1.2m cable and please ship so that I would receive my cable before my trip in 8 days.
AAW changed my order to the 1.2m cable, but they chose to ship the cable using the CHEAPEST possible method. EMS shipping would have guaranteed timely delivery, but the cheap shipping method they chose actually guaranteed that the cable would not be delivered in time for my trip (and may not even be delivered by the time I return). When I emailed AAW to ask why they chose the cheap shipping, they blamed my local post office for any delay. I also asked what (if anything) they would do to make things right & show that they value my business (and my patiently waiting for three months), they have not replied.
I write this because I know that people reading this message may also be waiting for their cables. Their terrible customer service (combined with the hiss problems described in this head-fi forum) should cause any customer concern. I have learned that my business is not valuable to AAW, and that they will try to avoid blame for all issues. Maybe others can benefit from my experience & evaluate whether they should keep waiting.

Jul 17, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #82 of 212
I think of AAW as a specialty item provider that is so exclusive even Amazon, ebay, and aliexpress combined can not provide. Therefore you have to play by their rules. No Amazon prime here. I think the world has changed. We no longer have the ability to escape from things we say, because the internet captures and stores everything indefinitely. With that said, and this economy being a connected economy, where you have to know someone to get ahead, I just feel that rivers are flowing backwards. So to bring things into context, competition have for all intents and purposes are coordinated and thereby have exercised anticompetitive behavior to reduce the free market to a coordinated market. As I ramble along, I two waited a long while for AAW to deliver an Accessport. And I commended AAW for delivering a product that is worthy. I wasn't going to complain because I knew better in this day an age where connected people rule, forget about fairness.

Jul 18, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #84 of 212
hi guys, this is Grace from AAW. We have received numerous report that on low impedance and high sensitivity iems, capri produces a noticeable hissing. Unfortunately, even we tried, it is an issue that software isn't able to fix. however, we have developed a hardware fix on the amp circuitry. For the units that hasn't shipped, the fix is already applied(though there maybe some 1.2m mmcx variants which is already on their way, that has not had this fix). This fix will reduce hissing by approximately 70% on a 16ohm, 112dB spl iem, which is already very hard to detect.

If you are using a high sensitivity iem, you are welcome to sent it back to retrofit it. such fix is of course free of charge, but your will be liable for any shipping cost incurred in between. Do email support@aaw.me to arrange, thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #85 of 212
So here’s my experience. I pre-ordered the 1.5m 2-pin cable in February, with the initial anticipated delivery date in April. I wanted the cable for an international trip in July. I expected delays (due to the nature of Indiegogo), but I did not think the delays would run this far. I saw some 1.2m cables shipped, but I kept relying on their promises of “2 more weeks” for my cable. After AAW announced another (yet another) delay of 10 days for the 1.5m cable, I asked them to change my order to the 1.2m cable and please ship so that I would receive my cable before my trip in 8 days.
AAW changed my order to the 1.2m cable, but they chose to ship the cable using the CHEAPEST possible method. EMS shipping would have guaranteed timely delivery, but the cheap shipping method they chose actually guaranteed that the cable would not be delivered in time for my trip (and may not even be delivered by the time I return). When I emailed AAW to ask why they chose the cheap shipping, they blamed my local post office for any delay. I also asked what (if anything) they would do to make things right & show that they value my business (and my patiently waiting for three months), they have not replied.
I write this because I know that people reading this message may also be waiting for their cables. Their terrible customer service (combined with the hiss problems described in this head-fi forum) should cause any customer concern. I have learned that my business is not valuable to AAW, and that they will try to avoid blame for all issues. Maybe others can benefit from my experience & evaluate whether they should keep waiting.

we are sorry that the cable didn't not arrive in time for your trip, but our shipping policy is flat across the board for the ig campaign, registered mail with tracking info. if you needed upgrade to ems or fedex, and informed our staff, i am sure they will be more than happy to comply. Of course given that you are willing to bear the tripled shipping cost as well.
That being said, I am happy to report that according to tracking, cable has arrived at your local facility, in less than 5 working days, which i think is very impressive for a 'cheapest' shipping method:)

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #86 of 212
hi guys, this is Grace from AAW. We have received numerous report that on low impedance and high sensitivity iems, capri produces a noticeable hissing. Unfortunately, even we tried, it is an issue that software isn't able to fix. however, we have developed a hardware fix on the amp circuitry. For the units that hasn't shipped, the fix is already applied(though there maybe some 1.2m mmcx variants which is already on their way, that has not had this fix). This fix will reduce hissing by approximately 70% on a 16ohm, 112dB spl iem, which is already very hard to detect.

If you are using a high sensitivity iem, you are welcome to sent it back to retrofit it. such fix is of course free of charge, but your will be liable for any shipping cost incurred in between. Do email support@aaw.me to arrange, thanks!

Does this apply to the Accessport as well? I don't have mine yet but according to my acquaintances' impressions there seems to be the same hiss issue as well.

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #87 of 212
Does this apply to the Accessport as well? I don't have mine yet but according to my acquaintances' impressions there seems to be the same hiss issue as well.

Accessport has a different dac inside and structure is different too, it by right already has a much lower hissing than Capri, only detectable by high sensitivity iem. We are also quite confident that we can further lower it by altering firmware settings.

Jul 18, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #89 of 212
Accessport has a different dac inside and structure is different too, it by right already has a much lower hissing than Capri, only detectable by high sensitivity iem. We are also quite confident that we can further lower it by altering firmware settings.

Guess I have a high sensitivity IEM then (IM02), because the hiss manages to be loud enough to drown out the actual music. Have reverted to using the stock adapter again until this is fixed but I’m not holding my breath.

Jul 18, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #90 of 212

My MG6 HX's are:
32ohm Impedance
Sensitivity 114dB @ 30Hz

Don't know how that compares to others. Will shoot you a mail as when I plug the Capri in and start using my phone it's like having a TV playing static running in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back