6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes
Jan 25, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #631 of 1,003
  Yes I've personally been lucky enough to attain the '75 holy grail version thanks to the first post leading me there; but was under the pretense that the '74 version may sound the same being they appear to be identical internally. Guess somehow there may be a difference though between those.

Here's a couple photos of my 6N23P pair I've acquired, in case anyone wants to confirm these are the holy grail? 

I've yet the chance to hear these solo, but they're doing an immaculate job as drivers in my Elise OTL tube amp. I have the same as the version on the left of the photo lower right. They are a "Matched PAIR REFLEKTOR SingleWire SilverShield 1975 #4" from Svetlana_UA seller on eBay... and I've not noticed any noise issues in the month I've owned them.

Nice photos!  Well the issue with old Svetlana go beyond just noise and micro-phonics - his matching and reported test results are a joke.  Better get them tested and see the section matching and tube balance.  Weak section matching will muddy the outstanding class leading clarity of these tubes - details become masked and the holographic effect diminished.

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #632 of 1,003

Nice photos!  Well the issue with old Svetlana go beyond just noise and micro-phonics - his matching and reported test results are a joke.  Better get them tested and see the section matching and tube balance.  Weak section matching will muddy the outstanding class leading clarity of these tubes - details become masked and the holographic effect diminished.

You know I always wondered why their matching is bad, it can't be the tester L3-3 is a wonderful tester, if calibrated properly of course, seems unlikely that they would also lie in the auctions... so not sure what the problem is there

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #633 of 1,003
  You know I always wondered why their matching is bad, it can't be the tester L3-3 is a wonderful tester, if calibrated properly of course, seems unlikely that they would also lie in the auctions... so not sure what the problem is there

I'd love to get my hands on a L-3 calibrated.  It is a wonderful MT tester.

They're just con artists and hustlers.

They know that 99% of their buyers don't have testers.  At least with noise you can hear that.

Trouble is returning, and proof of return to Ukraine is not easy. I tried - the USPS Postal clerk wanted me to fill out State Dept info for shipping there!

Feb 5, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #634 of 1,003
Hello. I just received some 6n23p tubes and I'm trying to install one on my Bravo v3 (accept 6922 tubes). I can't bias and the sound go out only from one channel always. I tried 3 diferent units of 6n23p. The "bad" channel bias is around 23v!! The "normal" channel bias is around 12v. When I move the pot to adjust the bias, nothing happens to this bad channel.

Anybody could help me?

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #636 of 1,003
  Most likely the harshness in the treble is coming from the source chain.  I would look for some tubes in the 'Dutch' variety - Philips/Valvo/Amperex...they can tame a bright top end.

Good luck

Nope,  was apparently a streaming anomaly as I heard on it my pro video system as well but the issue has not re-occurred in weeks.  It wasn't a normal hardness, more like high frequency shriek added to the sound.

One of the '75 Rockets went bad so the fine folks at Schiit sent a new foursome.  The input tubes are 75 and 77 Novosibirsk which had me concerned but they appear to be matched.  I was overall concerned as the '75 Rockets did sound good once they were fully broken in.  Could have been stronger on the bottom end.

Surprisingly, the Novosibirsks are at least as good as the Rockets.  Partly due to Schiit matching the inputs to outputs I would guess.  The Novosibirsks actually sound a bit more extended on the top.  Not bright like too much mid treble, but more extended as in more cymbal detail.  The high end also seems crisper without being dry.

You folks take care:)

Feb 14, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #637 of 1,003
Do they look authentic ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Siemens-CCa-/122355023817?hash=item1c7ced7fc9:g:qJMAAOSwWxNYofxs 

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #638 of 1,003
  Do they look authentic ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Siemens-CCa-/122355023817?hash=item1c7ced7fc9:g:qJMAAOSwWxNYofxs 

Yes, they look real. They aren't the better "gray shield" version from the early 60's though. Also, at least one of the tubes looks cracked when looking at the bottom. Maybe both. I took a photo of the bottom of one of my CCa's and did not see the same cracked look. I, personally, would not bid on them.

Here are three very important traits all Siemens Halske tubes must have:

1. They have the four ridges on the top of the tube emanating from the center. 
2. The circular getter base has the raised rectangles sections opposite of each other. 
3. They have numbers molded into the inside bottom of the tubes.

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #639 of 1,003

Yes, they look real. They aren't the better "gray shield" version from the early 60's though. Also, at least one of the tubes looks cracked when looking at the bottom. Maybe both. I took a photo of the bottom of one of my CCa's and did not see the same cracked look. I, personally, would not bid on them.

Here are three very important traits all Siemens Halske tubes must have:

1. They have the four ridges on the top of the tube emanating from the center. 
2. The circular getter base has the raised rectangles sections opposite of each other. 
3. They have numbers molded into the inside bottom of the tubes.

Thank you for the information. Hopefully we have soon-ish a new bid auction on some E188CC Telefunken/Siemens/Philips or Siemens CCa's. Next month I place my order for new DAC/AMP (Gungnir Multibit + Mjolnir 2) . And these stock-tubes of Schiit delivered are really really bad. 

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #641 of 1,003
Feb 14, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #643 of 1,003

Too bad, his contribution to the community was outstanding and his critical analysis skills were 2nd to none. I know for myself I rely on trustworthy opinions to make important buying decisions. In the end everybody is allowed to express an opinion, but some carry a lot more weight than others. Rob's Tube Review is one that I have in hard copy and refer to whenever I consider a new tube purchase. :)

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #644 of 1,003
Too bad, his contribution to the community was outstanding and his critical analysis skills were 2nd to none. I know for myself I rely on trustworthy opinions to make important buying decisions. In the end everybody is allowed to express an opinion, but some carry a lot more weight than others. Rob's Tube Review is one that I have in hard copy and refer to whenever I consider a new tube purchase.
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed...

Feb 14, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #645 of 1,003
Too bad, his contribution to the community was outstanding and his critical analysis skills were 2nd to none. I know for myself I rely on trustworthy opinions to make important buying decisions. In the end everybody is allowed to express an opinion, but some carry a lot more weight than others. Rob's Tube Review is one that I have in hard copy and refer to whenever I consider a new tube purchase.
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed...

Ditto!!

I joined up over at his new forum home just so I can interact with him. I know I bring nothing to the table as his knowledge and experience far surpass mine. His advice has been invaluable. He can be a pain in the butt, but so can I!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back