1more Quad Driver
Apr 13, 2017 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

egzbuen

100+ Head-Fier
Do we have a dedicated thread already for this IEM?

For starters, I would like to knowntue following from those who've tried and/or owned it already:

1. What is it's sound signature?
2. Did the bass department improve compared to the triples?
3. Is it a worthy (night and day) upgrade from the triples?

Coming from, and still own, the triples, I can say the 1more really tunes their IEM well. I woudnt be surprised if the quads will be another hit but, in my case, would love to know if it's a worthy upgrade from the triples.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 57
We have a dedicated thread now
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 57
I listened to it briefly on CanJam Singapore, and can't say I am very impressed. Just didn't strike me as a $200 IEM, but more compatible to the level where the $100 triple driver 1MORE is at, more or less. I remember the 1MORE guy (who has no idea who I am) asked me how I feel about it after the quick demo and I told him 'it is okay' and he seems to look a bit disappointed as he was expecting a more 'enthusiastic' reaction. However, I do think 1MORE has reached their tuning capability with the triple driver and adding more driver doesn't automatically make an IEM sounding $100 better, as in the case of the quad driver. In any case, it was only a brief listening, so just take my words with a grain of salt.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 57
I was hoping for a thread on these. I have been wanting a pair of BA IEMs. The triple driver model seems well thought of, however, it seems like a lot of Amazon reviews of the triple drivers speak of defective units. I was wondering what the build quality is on these, especially the quad. I want what I purchase to last and the quad's cable isn't replaceable.

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #6 of 57
I've owned the quad driver since it's initial release and though I will admit I was a little disappointed upon first listening, I now think that they're great. The sound has tightened up especially the bass and mids and the sound stage is really impressive. The details really come out on some of my better sounding mastered tracks. I like these far more than my Westone 3 or um3x and the quads actually sound how I hoped the Westone sounded way back when I first got them but without having to apply eq to make-up for some of the Westone 3's shortcomings.

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 57
Respectfully disagree. The other thread should be merged in to this one. This is the appropriate forum thread for the quad driver now that it's released and available. The network Headphone industry news, information forum is wayyy to far down the list. :grinning:

Apr 30, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #9 of 57
Just posted my review of the Quad Driver with comparisons to the Pinnacle P1, Oriveti New Primacy and Hifiman RE-600. Hope it helps some people out, it's a really nice earphone overall if you don't mind the cable-down fit and average isolation.

dsc00935-51.jpg

Apr 30, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #10 of 57
Just posted my review of the Quad Driver with comparisons to the Pinnacle P1, Oriveti New Primacy and Hifiman RE-600. Hope it helps some people out, it's a really nice earphone overall if you don't mind the cable-down fit and average isolation.

dsc00935-51.jpg
Can you make a comparison between the V-Moda Zn & The Quad Driver? Which would sound better on EDM? Particularly, house, trance, hardstyle & liquid dnb.

Apr 30, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #11 of 57
Can you make a comparison between the V-Moda Zn & The Quad Driver? Which would sound better on EDM? Particularly, house, trance, hardstyle & liquid dnb.
Sorry, haven't heard the Zn unfortunately, it's not available where I live. I might have a look for one since it looks like an interesting model. If you value soundstage, midrange balance and bass depth, the Quad-Driver is a really nice choice though I can't provide direct comparison with the V-Moda.

May 1, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #12 of 57
Sorry, haven't heard the Zn unfortunately, it's not available where I live. I might have a look for one since it looks like an interesting model. If you value soundstage, midrange balance and bass depth, the Quad-Driver is a really nice choice though I can't provide direct comparison with the V-Moda.
How is the bass on the QD? I've seen its specification on the official page. The speaker driver is made out of a diamond-like carbon dynamic driver and 3 balanced armatures (hybrid build). The Zn on the other hand consist of a dynamic driver. As far as I know dynamic drivers offer better bass response, but less detailed sound. I'm a little bit confused and would like to know if the Hybrid build of the QD would outperform the dynamic driver for EDM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back