1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jun 10, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #8,762 of 9,124
I think the U10 has less bass than the U12, but I wonder if getting the A10 will increase its quantity. I have a bit worry for the universal shells.
Very interested in getting an IEM with air release module someday in the future :)

Jun 10, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #8,763 of 9,124
A10 has may be 2dB more sub-bass than the U10 because of better seal. Even the A10's bass is quite far from U12's bass. It's not just the bass quantity. U12's bass is simply very impactful.

Now that I own an IEM that has neutral bass, if I have to choose now between the U10 or U12, I'd probably go for the U12.

Jun 10, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #8,764 of 9,124
Just got a Whiplash Audio TWag v3 SILVER LITZ cable. It's improved a lot of areas. Midrange still isn't clear enough but it's better. Need to listen further......

You want to clear mids, get Ref8 :wink:

Jun 11, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #8,765 of 9,124
You want to clear mids, get Ref8 :wink:

Indeed.

ALO Reference 8 & U12 02.jpg

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #8,766 of 9,124
I think the U10 has less bass than the U12, but I wonder if getting the A10 will increase its quantity. I have a bit worry for the universal shells.
Very interested in getting an IEM with air release module someday in the future :)

You should see my post on the previous page, but yes. In my experience you will get more bass with customs. You can always get a m15 module too which will reduce bass a bit.

Jun 11, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #8,769 of 9,124
OK, I'll be looking at that one too.
So, how about amplifiers that will bring clarity to the mids as well?

I'm personally not big into any amplifiers, desktop or portable. Sorry don't have a lot of experience with it since i prefer a portable DAP setup, especially for iems. And a few ones i did test and still have are either color the sound or leave it transparent. If you really want to alter the sound without making it "sound" too artifial, i like Cowon's JetEffet dsp effects, especially in bringing more clarity and punch to the sound.

Jun 11, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #8,770 of 9,124
OK, I'll be looking at that one too.
So, how about amplifiers that will bring clarity to the mids as well?

The Project Ember from Garage 1217 is a great option. In my experience it is excellent with these multi-BA driver IEMs and really makes them sing. As an added benefit it is very configurable and easily has enough power to drive full sized headphones as well. It is priced right, too.

http://garage1217.com/garage1217_diy_tube_headphone_amplifiers_004.htm

Let me know if you chose to go this route and I can help you with settings, etc.

-Eric

Jun 14, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #8,773 of 9,124
Bought the u8 and i have apex m15, adel g1 and adel b1 and to be honest I am surprised by how much of a difference those modules make in the sound signature

To me the adel G1 module is simply the best among them, as it gives that amazing detail and maintains the solid bass and the sound stage is simply amazing. i found the apex m15 a bit lacking in highs and detail. the sound difference is huge between those modules

U8 with G1 module is simply among the top iems I ever heard and as such my shure 846 and ie800 are now going to be sold. With G1 the details are amazing, amazing nice layered mids and big sound stage.

To be honest when I first put the m15 module I felt the sound was lacking across the whole frequency range

And the AK KANN simply is amazing with U8 and I am glad I got the u8 before I sold my AK KANN and I will remove the KANN from the second hand for sale forum

also using spinfit cp240 is amazing with U8 and I am using yy pro audio tucana cable, what I am hearing now is an audio bliss

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #8,774 of 9,124
Sounds like I need the M15 as well (still on ADEL B1).

I've settled on the M15, also. It really does sharpen the sound. That, and the Ref8 cable, paired to a good dynamic, neutral DAP like the Opus#2, and it's become an even more transcendent experience. Takes everything up to 11 for me. :dt880smile:

Jun 15, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #8,775 of 9,124
Bought the u8 and i have apex m15, adel g1 and adel b1 and to be honest I am surprised by how much of a difference those modules make in the sound signature

To me the adel G1 module is simply the best among them, as it gives that amazing detail and maintains the solid bass and the sound stage is simply amazing. i found the apex m15 a bit lacking in highs and detail. the sound difference is huge between those modules

U8 with G1 module is simply among the top iems I ever heard and as such my shure 846 and ie800 are now going to be sold. With G1 the details are amazing, amazing nice layered mids and big sound stage.

To be honest when I first put the m15 module I felt the sound was lacking across the whole frequency range

And the AK KANN simply is amazing with U8 and I am glad I got the u8 before I sold my AK KANN and I will remove the KANN from the second hand for sale forum

also using spinfit cp240 is amazing with U8 and I am using yy pro audio tucana cable, what I am hearing now is an audio bliss

I'm surprised. The U8 must be totally different then the U-A12 as with my A12 the M15 just sound so much better then the G1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back