This is what german " hifi & records " magazin No. 3/2010 found out:
" The measurements showed world top class "
" Put DAC V800 besides a good but not necessarily expensive CD drive and you will receive a combination as good as all the chromed, brushed and polished luxury players - or even better. "
- 4 digital inputs switchable:
- transformer balanced via XLR (AES 3/11), 24/192
- coaxial via Cinch (S/P-DIF, AES-3id), 24/192
- optical via TOS Link, 24/192
- USB input, 24 / 96 kHz capable
- coaxial digital output
- LED displays for Active Input and Lock
- Mute switchable
- resampling/upsampling with selectable modes: x1, x2, x4 and "BEST"
- Delta-sigma DAC with outstanding 120 dB dynamic range
and never before achieved -112 dB THD !!
- perfect analog output stages to not affect this maximum dynamic and minimum THD-N
- Output level adjustable in the digital domain
- Additionally the max. level is internally adjustable
- Analog outputs electronically balanced via XLRand unbalanced via Cinch
- oversized toroidal transformer
- extensive internal power conditioning
Case and back panel are made of strong aluminium and are Nextel coated.
The 8 mm frontpanel is milled, sand-blasted and black anodised.
The labeling is laser engraved.