ZO2 Impression Thread
Dec 1, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #631 of 1,126

Quote:
I have ordered a ZO2, which is on the way.
Can someone please summarize, what the differences between revisions 1, 2 and 3 exactly are? As things are getting more complicated, I am slowly getting a little confused.

Imagine what it will be like when a ZO2 appears on the FS forum in 3 months time ....... good luck trying to sell a 'ZO2 V2'  
eek.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #632 of 1,126

Quote:
Imagine what it will be like when a ZO2 appears on the FS forum in 3 months time ....... good luck trying to sell a 'ZO2 V2'  
eek.gif

I will never sell my ZOs! I will keep them as a collection and will probably buy any future versions too because I simply love this SmartVektor sound so much and it's how I want headphones to sound like. It's certainly a "colorisation" of the sound but to me a very good one at that.

I thought I'd never admit I'd become a fanboy of anything as I never understood those who were, now I do though. :p Sounds so great with these HTF600 after like 100 hrs or whatever of use, those out of box issues like slightly overpowering bass, slightly lacking transparency and soundstage is completely gone now.

EDIT: Here I'm sitting and it's like early morning over here but I can't stop listening to music. I blame my ZO2 for not making me go to sleep in time...

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #634 of 1,126
I wish there was (hopefully will be) a way to control the volume level between the max vol on ZO2 rev.2 and the hi gain setting of rev.3, that would make it a perfect product to mate with both iems and full size cans with the options of using a line out or headphone out, basically all bases covered imo.

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #636 of 1,126

Quote:
I have ordered a ZO2, which is on the way.
Can someone please summarize, what the differences between revisions 1, 2 and 3 exactly are? As things are getting more complicated, I am slowly getting a little confused.

1 - bypass, had on/off pop. only high gain, lots of hiss with iems
2 - no bypass, low gain, quiet on/off, no hiss with iems
3 - same as 2, but high gain is added at max volume

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #637 of 1,126

Quote:

Guess I'll be waiting for impressions of ZO2 ver3
rolleyes.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #639 of 1,126

Quote:

Based on my experience, #1 should read 'hiss with SOME iems'. In my case, I have no hiss problems with RE262, FA Omega V2 or PL50s. I believe it is directly related to the amount of gain built into the V1, but that will be cold comfort to people with $300+ IEMs who find it unlistenable.

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #640 of 1,126

Quote:
Based on my experience, #1 should read 'hiss with SOME iems'. In my case, I have no hiss problems with RE262, FA Omega V2 or PL50s. I believe it is directly related to the amount of gain built into the V1, but that will be cold comfort to people with $300+ IEMs who find it unlistenable.

You  talking behind our backs Estreeter?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #641 of 1,126
honey badger dont care
Quote:

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #643 of 1,126

Quote:
lee370, just for my edification, exactly how many $300+ IEMs do you own ?

Don't know about him but

Just got the Turbine Copper (bought for 150 reg street price 299.00 and up)
waiting to receive the Klipish Image X10 (bought for 120 reg street price 299.00 and up)
Sony MDR EX600 (199.00) My most favorite IEM out of my whole collection.

Needless to say I was quite active during the Cyber Monday sales. Some cool amplification that meshes well with my top IEM's would be rather nice. A final version of ZO2 with all the bugs ironed out would be rather neat maybe even a TTVJ Slim or an iBasso amp.

This hobby is wayyyyy to expensive

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #644 of 1,126
DigitalFreak, I agree that its expensive, but not a single one of the IEMs you listed cost you more than $300. If there is a problem, its that you dont seem to be exercising any restraint - the proverbial kid in the candy store. Its an easy trap to fall into, particularly with IEMs.

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #645 of 1,126

Quote:
DigitalFreak, I agree that its expensive, but not a single one of the IEMs you listed cost you more than $300. If there is a problem, its that you dont seem to be exercising any restraint - the proverbial kid in the candy store. Its an easy trap to fall into, particularly with IEMs.

Restraint isn't a word that gets exercised well on this site. As for the pricing I listed I'm hoping none of my future IEM's will ever cost me over 300 bones because paying full MSRP sucks. On a different note I checked out your profile page and saw your listed gear. All I can say is
ATTA BOY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back