YES!! WESTONE ES3X CUSTOMS!!!
Feb 8, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #61 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbilly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but still, the es3/x is not better than UE11......

At this level, there is no better. It just a matter of preference. I personally prefer ue10 and acs t1 over ue11.

You must be suck into market gimmick of more drivers = better

Feb 8, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #62 of 79
I guess I know where my cash bonus is going....
tongue.gif

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #64 of 79
Over the last month my ES2 has basically stopped sealing period. Nothing surprising about that since ear canal anatomy changes over time, and average lifespan for a custom headphone is about 2 years. But, it makes the question more pressing than ever. Here's to hoping that the ES3x will be exactly what I need, and still carry the Westone house sound.

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #65 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Over the last month my ES2 has basically stopped sealing period. Nothing surprising about that since ear canal anatomy changes over time, and average lifespan for a custom headphone is about 2 years. But, it makes the question more pressing than ever. Here's to hoping that the ES3x will be exactly what I need, and still carry the Westone house sound.

I always thought the average was 4, but I'm sure it changes with everybody. Does Westone do a thing where it would cost less if all you need is remolding?

Feb 8, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #66 of 79
Quote:

You know you could buy some Tamiya Clear glossy Acrylic Paint and put a layer onto your IEM and let it dry, then it out and if it is still too lose just apply another coat, right? I added 4 coats over two days to my spare pair of Livewires and they fit perfectly, without having to send them in like my first pair to get a better seal.

Feb 10, 2009 at 10:56 AM Post #67 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know you could buy some Tamiya Clear glossy Acrylic Paint and put a layer onto your IEM and let it dry, then it out and if it is still too lose just apply another coat, right? I added 4 coats over two days to my spare pair of Livewires and they fit perfectly, without having to send them in like my first pair to get a better seal.

I'm not sure if that would work with the ES2, since it uses a flexible heat-activated material for the sound tubes. Still, thanks for the tip, it's an interesting idea.

Feb 10, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #68 of 79
Quote:

I'm not sure if that would work with the ES2, since it uses a flexible heat-activated material for the sound tubes. Still, thanks for the tip, it's an interesting idea.

I forgot about that. In my case I requested the ES3X be 100% acrylic since I want the most durable and easy to carry in a pocket set, like all my other customs.

Feb 10, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #69 of 79
Let me know how this compared to my ACS T1.

Thanks.

Feb 10, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #71 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So whats the difference between this heat activated material and acrylic besides durability?

Nothing except they soften after insertion - and the heat activated tips are fairly durable, but if squished into a tight case for weeks or months they could deform. Since I have been fine with 3 custom IEM without the heat activated ear canals, I figure why change things now if the old way works for me.

Spoke to Westone - they might be done by the end of the day and will let me know. I can drive over to pick them up if that is the case.

Feb 10, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #72 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing except they soften after insertion - and the heat activated tips are fairly durable, but if squished into a tight case for weeks or months they could deform. Since I have been fine with 3 custom IEM without the heat activated ear canals, I figure why change things now if the old way works for me.

Spoke to Westone - they might be done by the end of the day and will let me know. I can drive over to pick them up if that is the case.

Ah ic. Is the heat activated tips more comfortable in general then? I doubt I would store then in a cramped case at all
tongue.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #74 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah ic. Is the heat activated tips more comfortable in general then? I doubt I would store then in a cramped case at all
tongue.gif

Well, Blutarsky has the ES2 and loves the heat activated ear canal portion. I'm just a little OCD about my stuff, and it "seemed weird" for my to think about owning them made from 2 materials, even if it might actually be better. At least I don't line things up or wash my hands every 5 minutes.
tongue.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #75 of 79
headphoneaddict, u say u put ur customs in a cramped case. how cramped are we talking about? is it sar for iems to be in a pouch or carrying case then and not be deformed like u said? im just wondering how tight of a spot ur referring to that the customs will be deformed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back