YES!! WESTONE ES3X CUSTOMS!!!
Jan 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #31 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everyone, man those are tempting indeed as qusp said. I was thinking of the um56+w3 as well but if there are good reviews of these i might go for these instead... I wonder though is the ue10 the seem price as this one and is the material the seem? I thought ue10 was acrylic as well?
I hope there will indeed be some ue10/w3 vs this new custom iem reviews...
Greetings, Anouk,

Almost all customs are acrylic. The UE 10's list for 900.00 and the Westone ES3X customs 850.00 and the Westone Universal W-3's are 399.00. Simple math for me I got the Hearyourself.com C-3 customs for 350.00 and i'm totaly happy ( Short of not knowing if the UE11's are like heaven or just a big hype)

Jan 25, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #32 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what are the posibilities that these phones are more transperent/neautral/natural/detailed than the UE-10?

Not sure that an IEM could be more neutral/transparent/detailed than the UE10 and still be listenable. The UE10's can be brutally revealing on bad recordings and you can hear every last detail you could imagine.

I have yet to hear a headphone or IEM that is all the things you have listed above. There is always a give and take.

Jan 26, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #33 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Hockey

How are those livewires coming along? If I remember correctly don't Westones and Hearyourself.com get their B/A drivers from the same Manuf. so other than the crossover technolgies, what makes the Westones worth at least twice the Hearyourself.com prices

just because they are from the same manufacturer doesnt mean they are the same quality. Honda makes the jazz (shopping cart) and F1 cars. even the ES3X have different drivers, receivers and crossovers than W3

Jan 26, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #35 of 79
So, even though these aren't W3's in a custom shell.. are they the product that the W3 Custom eventually became? Or is that yet to come..

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #36 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, even though these aren't W3's in a custom shell.. are they the product that the W3 Custom eventually became? Or is that yet to come..

I would think this is them; but the rumors probably just got the details a bit wrong. I was talking to a westone tech the other day when I went for a refit for my UM56 and he said that the ES3X actually has 2 bass drivers and a high range driver (still wit a 3 way crossover); whether he actually knows what he is talking about is another thing. he seemed to be a little confused on a couple of things and since they really only mainly do work for pro musos here in brisbane and my W3 are still the only ones they have seen, it is possible that he was talking through his ass.

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #37 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would think this is them; but the rumors probably just got the details a bit wrong. I was talking to a westone tech the other day when I went for a refit for my UM56 and he said that the ES3X actually has 2 bass drivers and a high range driver (still wit a 3 way crossover); whether he actually knows what he is talking about is another thing. he seemed to be a little confused on a couple of things and since they really only mainly do work for pro musos here in brisbane and my W3 are still the only ones they have seen, it is possible that he was talking through his ass.

Of the 3 drivers and crossover in the Westone 3, everything in the E3X is new except for 1 of the 3 drivers used in the W3, including a new crossover - the other two drivers are different ones, and one of those two drivers I know is a new tweeter.

I don't know the exact layout of the E3X as I neglected to ask better questions at my meeting with p0wderh0und last week. I will check again.

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #38 of 79
Hello,
For me in nl there is also the acs t1 to consider. It is a custom iem, has 3 drivers and costs 650 pounds which is at the current exchange rate about 650 euro. It would take a shorter time to send ear impressions to them (about 4 days), to westone it would take at least 10 days and maybe more.
Also neither westone nor acs t1 have dealers in nl, ultimate ears has, they can do impressions for you. If I go with westone or acs I would have to go to a hearing aid store and have them do impressions for me. I am not sure of the quality of such stores since they dont have to do any schooling as of yet. I will mail some dutch dealer to see what the price in euros is for the ue10pro, i bet it is more then either the acs t1 or the es3x and I also bet they still would have to send the impressions to the united states and that it would go through the seem mail i would use if I would send them to westone for example. If luck has it i will be able to save about 40 euro or so for impressions if it is included with the price.
Greetings, Anouk,

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #39 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know the exact layout of the E3X as I neglected to ask better questions at my meeting with p0wderh0und last week. I will check again.

If you could confirm the driver/crossover array, it would be most appreciated, good sir.

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #40 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you could confirm the driver/crossover array, it would be most appreciated, good sir.

I will ask when I go to pick them up on the 9th or 10th. I left my impressions at Westone today, but Doug had a meeting with the CEO and I couldn't ask him all the questions, and next week he is gone for a conference.

Feb 1, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #42 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice, I definitely would like to hear your impressions.

I'm waiting for ES3X vs UE11 comparisons. One of those two will be my next IEM.

yea that would be interesting but, i always wonder, if you like ue5 pro or triple fi, it's logical you just pick up ue10/11. just like if you're a um2 or w3 user, you just pick up es2/es3x, right?

Feb 2, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #43 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea that would be interesting but, i always wonder, if you like ue5 pro or triple fi, it's logical you just pick up ue10/11. just like if you're a um2 or w3 user, you just pick up es2/es3x, right?

I wouldn't say that. The ES2 isn't an updated UM2 (though it does share the same drivers). It has similarities, especially in the midrange, but it's also much more linear and sounds much cleaner and clearer. If you're into UM2-type exaggerated bass kick, the ES2 won't really do that.

I know Westone have a house sound they try to tune everything to, but there are still significant differences between their IEMs.

I'd really wait for first-hand accounts of the ES3x before making any kind of assumptions about it. There's a professional review floating around but I rarely put any faith in professional reviews these days and will wait to hear from people whose ears I trust.

Feb 2, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #44 of 79
waiting on your impressions larry. thinking of selling my SE530 and W3 to finance ES3X or UE10. i'm thinking ES3X though as I prefer the westone sound. and if they have fixed the sometimes touchy treble driver (I dont really have an issue with UM56 at all, but still is a little touch and go occasionally it could be perfect for me. any news on the impedance?? is it still 30ohms or have they gone up a bit due to the new drivers. I would prefer if it were a bit less sensitive so I didnt have to add an impedance adapter or build another cable for the ES3X; although knowing me I would end up doing that anyway.

Feb 2, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #45 of 79
All I know is that it is supposed to be less colored than the Westone 3 but just as much fun, while more accurate at the same time and not have the midrange bump of the ES2 monitors. Should be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back