YES!! WESTONE ES3X CUSTOMS!!!
Jan 22, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #17 of 79
I get my impressions done for the ES3X next week.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #19 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get my impressions done for the ES3X next week.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nice, I definitely would like to hear your impressions.

I'm waiting for ES3X vs UE11 comparisons. One of those two will be my next IEM.

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #22 of 79
My Westone 3 are like having a modded Denon or Edition 9 in an IEM, and I'm hoping the ES3X will be like having my electrostatics (ESP950, JADE, HE60, O2 Mk2) in an IEM.

I kinda like having both kinds of sound in my full-size phones and IEM, as well as having universal and customs in my IEM repertoire. Right now my W3 are a perfect complement to my Livewires, and I could live without all the others if I was forced to.

Jan 23, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #23 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnyears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know what material the custom monitors are made of? Are they a soft silicon or vinyl or are they hard, less comfy plastic?

They are a hard acrylic with a softer material blended into the end of the ear canal tip, which gets softer with body heat. The two materials are poured wet sequentially, so they bond as one piece.

In my case I have asked for them to be all Acrylic 100%, like my other 3 custom IEM.

Jan 25, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #24 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
these are def. going to compete with ue-10 it is very apparent

I don't know, i would say these would be getting pretty close to the UE-11, as the Es2 and es3's are pretty close to the Ue-10 already.

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #25 of 79
I dont think they would compare to the UE11 at all;. the design is much more in line with UE10. reference grade. the UE11 are too coloured to be called reference grade from all accounts. give me UE10 or ES3X over UE11 anyday. $850 has me thinking seriously about upgrading. instaed of getting IE8 when I RMA my SE530 I might just get replacement and sell that my W3 and buy these. I really like my W3 in UM56 and if its tuned to be a flatter respone then we could have a winner. $850 IMO is pretty good for what we get. I assume they have the replaceable cables of the ES2?? cant wait for the reviews to start coming in from people who have also had the UE10

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #27 of 79
what are the posibilities that these phones are more transperent/neautral/natural/detailed than the UE-10?

Jan 25, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #28 of 79
God damn I wish I had money.
biggrin.gif
Whatever, I guess I'll just stick with saving for my Westone 3s.

Jan 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #29 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
these are def. going to compete with ue-10 it is very apparent

Hey Hockey

How are those livewires coming along? If I remember correctly don't Westones and Hearyourself.com get their B/A drivers from the same Manuf. so other than the crossover technolgies, what makes the Westones worth at least twice the Hearyourself.com prices

Jan 25, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #30 of 79
Hey everyone, man those are tempting indeed as qusp said. I was thinking of the um56+w3 as well but if there are good reviews of these i might go for these instead... I wonder though is the ue10 the seem price as this one and is the material the seem? I thought ue10 was acrylic as well?
I hope there will indeed be some ue10/w3 vs this new custom iem reviews...
Greetings, Anouk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back