Why 1/5 of Americans Can't Locate the U.S. on a World Map
Aug 26, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #61 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That chick's answer to the question is better than what I would've said. If asked the same question, my response would've been "Because they're stupid and should be beaten."

Same goes for me. It basically comes down to whether you want to come across as feeble-minded or as an a**hole who hates stupid people. Both pretty terrible choices, although I would have gone with the latter
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #63 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Crandall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same goes for me. It basically comes down to whether you want to come across as feeble-minded or as an a**hole who hates stupid people. Both pretty terrible choices, although I would have gone with the latter
evil_smiley.gif

Well, I'm an a-hole who hates stupid people, and I wouldn't want people thinking any different.

Aug 27, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #64 of 170
but what i love is at the end you can clearly tell they faded off the volume on her mic to shut her up

Aug 27, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #65 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but what i love is at the end you can clearly tell they faded off the volume on her mic to shut her up

It was a marquee moment in TV history.

Aug 27, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #66 of 170
Frank Zappa

Whoever we are
Wherever we're from
We shoulda noticed by now
Our behavior is dumb
And if our chances
Expect to improve
It's gonna take a lot more
Than tryin' to remove
The other race
Or the other whatever
From the face
Of the planet altogether

They call it THE EARTH
Which is a dumb kinda name
But they named it right
'Cause we behave the same...
*We are dumb all over*
Dumb all over,
Yes we are
Dumb all over,
Near 'n far
Dumb all over,
Black 'n white
[size=medium]People, we is not wrapped tight[/size]

Amen, Frank.

Aug 27, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #67 of 170
Whuts a map?

Aug 27, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #68 of 170
Someone want to attempt a line by line translation for those of us having trouble?
wink.gif

Also anyone know the question/answer for the girl who came behind her (fourth runner-up)?

Aug 27, 2007 at 8:41 AM Post #74 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems to me, best as I can figure out, is if you start from the north part of North America and work your way south, you begin with "folks generally called" the Alaskans, then the Greenlandics, then the Canadians, then the Americans, then the Texans, then the Mexicans, and so on into Central America then on to South America and so on.

I don't think it's so much that US citizens wanted to be call "Americans" so much as we probably didn't want to be called "Uniteds" or "Statsests" or something weird like that.

...actually; I'm not really sure what the folks in Greenland like to call themselves, but I'm sure it has a Danish accent.

Nothing wrong with calling us "Merkins". Our fearless leader calls me a "Merkin".

/waaaait a sec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back