what are the crappiest headphones you own?
Aug 19, 2003 at 5:18 AM Post #46 of 71
The absolute worst I have is the pair that came with the riovolt sp250. The things have a hiss all thier own when you plug them into something that over whelms the sound. They distort and normal volume. The dig into your ear canals like some sort of warped earbud headphone hybrid. And the sound. Oh lord the sound. I think if my ears bleed when I take these out, I wouldnt be suprised.

If you dont know what im talking about, do a google image search for riovolt 250 headphones. You will see the ten cent hellphones.

Aug 19, 2003 at 5:53 AM Post #47 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by Nights_85
hey nothing wrong with guybrush, I'm 18 too and I loved those monkey island games

hey im 15 and i remember clearly playing monkey island as a kid
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 19, 2003 at 7:01 AM Post #48 of 71
Punk.
biggrin.gif
I'm 18 and I played it when PC Gamer had a cd packed with about a dozen old school pc games. Some were even tweaked by the original programmers to run properly under Windoze.

Aug 31, 2003 at 3:54 AM Post #49 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by Lando
Hmm....for me the worst are some crappy $5 buds I bought to do Gameboy duty about four years ago.

Wasn't there a Ministry of Sound in Orwell's 1984?
biggrin.gif

I wasn't yet born in 84, but if I was like 15 at that time, maybe I'd get the joke. ......
redface.gif
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2003 at 4:04 AM Post #50 of 71
My Sony EX70LP ear buds suck pretty bad, but since I can't sell them and paid $40+ for them, I can't seem to bring myself to trash them.

Aug 31, 2003 at 5:55 AM Post #52 of 71
Both pairs of headphones (buds) that came with my rio volt.

Though, the least favourite pair that I actually paid for (and still own) are probably my koss A/250's. Around $100, and a $30 pair of ATH-m3x's have better bass impact, and near equal midrange.

Aug 31, 2003 at 6:34 AM Post #53 of 71
American Airlines headphones. They came free with the flight. The sound is extremely crappy. I hooked them up to my receiver and blew out the drivers to put them out of their misery.

Aug 31, 2003 at 12:34 PM Post #54 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by OriginalReaper
American Airlines headphones. They came free with the flight. The sound is extremely crappy. I hooked them up to my receiver and blew out the drivers to put them out of their misery.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Nice, reaper!

Anyway, I hate the kids in my high school who are perfectly content to deal with stock headphones that come with the cool-looking el cheapo CD players they buy. Not only that, the "cool" thing to do is wear them around your neck so the drivers hang around your neck and turn them up real high so that everyone can hear them. Annoying and stupid. How can you hear any detail? I swear these people at my school have no concept of what good sound is. They're those annoying kids that drive down the neighborhood roads at 12:00, winddows open, blasting their music real loud. Then they put on my MZ-S1 and KSC-50 combo and they hear bass and detail and it's fun to see the look on their faces
biggrin.gif

It's a sad, sad world
frown.gif

Crappy headphone of the day!
--Panasonic RP-HT16

Aug 31, 2003 at 1:39 PM Post #55 of 71
The absolute worst were the folding in-ear thingys that came with a Rio Volt. They were so bad I instantly tossed them into the trash the moment I tried them (and I'm usually a pack-rat & keep everything).

The second worst and most frustrating are the Koss Plugs because I wasted $15 and a couple hours trying to get them to fit. Buzzy, awful sound. I think most of my stock earbuds sound better.

Aug 31, 2003 at 2:56 PM Post #60 of 71
Quote:

Originally posted by Koui
Koss The Plug..sound and fit terrible (even with mods). Worst $15 I ever spent. Oh well..it was an experiment in 'grungy and cheap' in-ear monitoring..should've known better!
tongue.gif

These too are at the bottom of my list. As I have said before they are relegated to use at the gym where anything is better than listening to the women's insipid babble while they plod along at a pace that would not raise the heart rate of a corpse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back