what are the crappiest headphones you own?
Aug 13, 2003 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 71

vrao81

500+ Head-Fier
I have two nice pairs of headphones (hd580+koss ksc35), and three really crappy ones
rolleyes.gif

The crappy ones I have are the Jensen JF20, Koss TD75, and some old Radio Shack headphones. The latter two were free. All of them really suck but I haven't done a comparison to see which are the king of suckness. I don't think I could stand up to the torture
tongue.gif

So what are the worst headphones you own?

Aug 13, 2003 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 71
posted in the "cheap headphones" thread

"The earbuds that came with my MZ-S1 are crap. The worst headphones I own are so horrible and are a brand called "performance". I used them for my gameboy for a while and they sounded fine mainly due to that fact that gameboys require almost nothing of quality to make them sound good. However, when I was looking through my crap headphone collection (yes, there are more), I stumbled upon these and hooked them up to my computer. OMG...they're so bad that the music is barely audible. The highs are horrible, the bass through low mids doesn't even exist, and the mids are so muffled you can't hear what the singers are saying. Simply said, these are the worst earbuds you've ever heard. Actually, my friend bought a cheapy pair of labtec "Curve 495" clip-ons for 5 bucks and they actually sound like something, it's not like the range is gone, although the mids and bass are very held back in comparison to my KSC-50's. Another set of buds my friend owned (same friend) that he got for free were just barely a cut above my "performance" buds."

I also own some panasonic headphones (I forget the model number) that are horrible. First of all, they have an iron grip on your head. Second, they're so muddy the highs are barely there and when a person sings it sound lik they're talking through a muffler. The bass is there, but only because the things grip your head so freakin tight!

Aug 13, 2003 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 71
Worst cans? A pair of Memorex (no number or other identification) that came free with some portable player, I don't have a clue which one. Nice gold "Made in China" sticker prominently displayed on the headband.

Surprisingly enough, they don't sound *that* horrible, and are actually comfortable. Very chintzy construction tho, and they aren't coming out of the dresser drawer anytime soon (they can just sit in there forever along with a "Boostaroo" portable amp that would suit a pair of freebie cans like this just perfectly).

Aug 13, 2003 at 9:06 PM Post #8 of 71
I had a pair of old ass Koss phones that looked like they came straight out of the 80's. The 1/4" connection came apart from the cable and after trying my hand with the soldering iron, I realized it wasn't gonna work because it had little strands threaded in with the wire, and it was impossible to get a good connection. I did manage to get the wire to the plug though, and the things sounded like crap.

Unfortunately, I threw it away.

My current worst is the Koss KSC-50.

Aug 13, 2003 at 9:36 PM Post #9 of 71
iPod earphone, I know it sound suck before I buy it, however, it is come with the iPod, therefore, I can not do anything about it.

The worse earphone is Sony EX 70, I paid $40 for it, but I think it only worth $4.
tongue.gif

Aug 13, 2003 at 9:42 PM Post #10 of 71
I'd have to say this one pair of headphones that says "sentry" on them. That's all. I'm pretty sure we picked them up at a dollar store or something.

Aug 13, 2003 at 10:22 PM Post #13 of 71
It's probably one of these stock buds around but I never try them so I don't really know WHICH one is the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back