Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Jan 30, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #256 of 2,524
I just want to know when how soon I can put in the pre-order for the Custom "3". I'll make my color decisions then
wink.gif

-Jeff

Jan 31, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #257 of 2,524
I keep telling myself... stay away from head-fi.... I told myself after getting the UM1, told myself the same thing after getting the UM2, and here I am again, looking at the Westone 3... and once again, saying the SAME FRIGGIN thing to myself again.

And what's worst is... in participation of the 3, I got rid of my UM2 already... its like I'm on crack, I find myself checking, re-checking, and re-re-checking this thread over and over again, very well knowing that the probability of a new post happening within the past hour or 2 is very remote.

I need the 3... I need the 3... I need a support group. Does anyone know where I can get help?

P.S. I will stay away from head-fi after the Westone 3... yeah...

Jan 31, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #258 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by avx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And what's worst is... in participation of the 3, I got rid of my UM2 already... its like I'm on crack, I find myself checking, re-checking, and re-re-checking this thread over and over again, very well knowing that the probability of a new post happening within the past hour or 2 is very remote.

Thread Tools > Subscribe to thread > Instant Email Notification :p

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #259 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right now im Owning the Um2, this seems to be the perfect IEM for me (metal listener)...

I would also prefer Clears , this looks kind of "technical" and is quite stealth... I like the fact that the 3´s will fit like the um2 , because the um2 are so comfortable...

When u got some "final" 3´s i would love to read some more impressions (especially compared to the um2 which should be fine for most of the readers here
wink.gif
)

the 3 is a completely different beast than the UM2, IMO. if you like the UM2, i don't know if you'll like the 3 since they sound so different. the 3 doesn't have nearly the bloated bass the UM2 has...but a sweet sweet midrange and nice treble as well - definitely to my liking.

i don't view the 3 as a linear "upgrade" from the UM2, rather a universal version of the ES2, which has been mentioned in this thread. things look real good for the 3, imo. i think it will be a fantastic product.

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #260 of 2,524
So what will the price of these be, $300,350,400? I'm guessing the latter, when will the madness STOP?!!!

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #263 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right now we are looking at $350-400 for the universals. No pricing yet on the custom version.

350$ for an msrp starting point is pretty good
smily_headphones1.gif
, right now Shure's E500 are actually the cheapest of the 3 driver IEMs(going for 328$ on ebay with the PTH) , when they release the none-PTH version it might go for lower as that alone retails for like 50$. the triple fi10 msrp is 399$ but they're still barely sold to see how much their real price will be eventually(380$ if u take the 5% off with the coupon right now) .

Jan 31, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #264 of 2,524
Well if the UM2's are any indication, once price is set that will be the price ($400),forever and ever!

Feb 1, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #266 of 2,524
pOwderhOund23, the material used to make these IEM's must be expensive?

Feb 1, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #268 of 2,524
Price sounds reasonable. It's pretty much set by the competitive market anyways, especially for those who are not first to market...

I'm also still interested in finding out if they isolate better than the Shure E500 using the same tips (foamies). I'm glad they don't jut out of your ear like a stick (a.k.a. Triple.fi :wink:

Feb 1, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #269 of 2,524
Hoping to have images soon. HONEST !

As for isolation, most universals of this type (E500, E5, UM2, 3) are going to give you an average of 20-25dB using a foam tip. This can increase a few dB when using a triflange or custom tip.

Feb 2, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #270 of 2,524
HI and thanks for introducing the new iem ! I'm very interested ..

..how would you describe the character for the sound that's coming out of them , compared to other well known iem ..?
..if you want take into consideration that generally speaking I've been used to read "power and warm" character for the e500 and more cold - detail character for the ue10 pro ..

thanks in advance for answering

Users who are viewing this thread

Back