Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Jan 4, 2007 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,524

p0wderh0und23

Member of the Trade: JH Audio
Westone’s new 3 – The first true three-way earphone made for music lovers

The Westone 3 is the first true universal fit three-way earphone designed for personal listening. Its balanced armature drivers and three-way crossover network deliver powerful lows, lush midrange, and crystal-clear highs that add incredible realism and punch to your listening experiences. The 3’s ergonomic fit provides unmatched comfort, outstanding sound isolation, and accurate reproduction that will satisfy the most demanding music lover or audiophile.

The Westone 3 is the culmination of almost 50 years of experience creating products for the human ear, and 20-plus years of developing in-ear technology for pro musicians. Westone monitors’ clarity, response and fit have made them the favorites of top recording and performing musicians worldwide.

Technical Specs:
Sensitivity – 119 dB/mW
Impedance – 27ohms
Drivers – 3 balanced armatures with 3-way passive crossover

Accessories:
Inline Volume Control
¼” Adapter
Travel Case
Tips (various sizes and styles)

We will have prototypes at MacWorld in San Fran next week. Come hear them for yourself !

Jan 6, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 2,524
Awesome! I'm sure it will be one heck of an IEM. Is this going to be better than the ES2? That was going to be my next move, but maybe not anymore.

Jan 6, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 2,524
Congrats!!! Any sense of pricing? Any promotional pics?

I'm sure this is a very early announcement because I don't see anything about it on your website yet, so if it's too soon to say, then just tell me that I'll need to wait for more info, and I'll patiently do so...

Jan 6, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #4 of 2,524
Awesome. I love the fact that the IEM market is moving along with new product... Shure, UE and a now a new one from Westone! Looking forward to more info.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #8 of 2,524
Schweeet!!!

Where's that "THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS" emoticon??
biggrin.gif

Looks like the future of IEM's are truely in triple driver monitors. Now if only Etymotic would bring something to the table...

Jan 6, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #10 of 2,524
Are these going to be a similar size to the UM2's? Also, how do these compare with your customs? Is the sound very close? I'm a big fan of your UM2's. I'm getting the best sleep in 6 years since buying them. However, if I could get a bit better sonics, then why not?!?! If the UM2/3 fit more flush to the ear than the custom models, then I may well have to go for your new 3's!

Jan 6, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #11 of 2,524
its a triple driver.. it cant be smaller than the current UM2?? Not?

if its smaller, it will definitely be pricey though.. imagine squeezing all the goodies into the IEM smaller than the regular UM2.. i cant imagine.. lols
blink.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #14 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmic castaway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its a triple driver.. it cant be smaller than the current UM2?? Not?

if its smaller, it will definitely be pricey though.. imagine squeezing all the goodies into the IEM smaller than the regular UM2.. i cant imagine.. lols
blink.gif

Not sure if it would be smaller...but maybe the same size? or marginally bigger? If I can lay on my side, I'm in, else, I'm not- I would rather invest in a custom.

Jan 6, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #15 of 2,524
oh noes! the ES2 fund is complete just when the westone 3 is announced! what to do? V_V

i've come this far, i can't be swayed by an extra driver...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back