Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Jan 26, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #227 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to, but we have not made one yet. :) Yeah I know, crazy huh ?

Once we make one and I can give it an honest listen I'll be more than happy to give that impression. Now based upon the way we built the 3 it will have a much smoother over all sound. The ES3 will have a 2-4dB bump in the 3-5k range. So if you like a very mid-range heavy sound, then the ES3 might be a good match for your tastes.

Thanks p0wderh0und23. It helps.

Sorry for one more question. Can we regard the custom 3 as ES3 without mid bump? They are both 3 drivers and 3 crossovers.

Jan 26, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #228 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyabc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry for one more question. Can we regard the custom 3 as ES3 without mid bump? They are both 3 drivers and 3 crossovers.

Actually...no.
The guts are different.

Jan 26, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #229 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyabc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2 crossovers.
icon10.gif

Jan 26, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #232 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by nevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how the new Westone 3 compare to Sensaphonics ProPhonic 2X-Soft. Anyone? :wink:

I haven't heard my sensaphonics in a while since they went dead but my biggest complaint about them is they had a highend rolloff compared the ue10. The advantage the sensas had is a nice bouncy bass with great impact. The Westone 3 also had this type of bass but clearer mids and better highs.

The sensa would win in comfort because of the custom fit. I actually prefer the ue10's hard material to sensas soft because the sensas can irritate the skin if you take them in and out too much.

I have one question, is the custom ES3 similar to the RS-1 or are the ES3 mids even stronger?

Jan 26, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #233 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are both 3-way passive crossovers, but use differnt drivers.

Meaning two crossover filters for three drivers right?
Like:
Driver1 crossover#1 Driver2 crossover#2 Driver3
Or am I missing something?

Jan 26, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #234 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like:

As in a single 3-way crossover directing the proper signal to each driver of which there are 3.
1) high range
1) mid range
1) low range

Jan 26, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #235 of 2,524
Quote:

2 crossovers.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm they are both 3 crossovers

Quote:

Like:

A three-way crossover has two crossover points.

What is a passive crossover?

Jan 26, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #236 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A three-way crossover has two crossover points.

correct!

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is a passive crossover?

a passive crossover is a filter network with passive components such as capacitors to roll off the input response above/below certain frequencies. an active crossover uses powered components to acheive this objective. both have pros and cons, as is true throughout audio.

Jan 26, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #238 of 2,524
With all of the crossover talk, I'm just curious as to if they sound better than the Shure E500 cuz if so, I will cop a pair and get rid of my E500's. And pardon me for not readin all 12 pages, but when do they touch the streets?

Jan 26, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #239 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungRizzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With all of the crossover talk, I'm just curious as to if they sound better than the Shure E500 cuz if so, I will cop a pair and get rid of my E500's. And pardon me for not readin all 12 pages, but when do they touch the streets?

I hear ya. The plan is March. As of right now that is still on track.

Jan 26, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #240 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungRizzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

reading the first couple of pages should help. but to make that call you might want to do the comparison yourself and see what YOU like. then sell off the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back