Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Oct 7, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #1,531 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doug, Can you please hurry up and release them while the Australian dollar is so strong against the USD???
biggrin.gif

The AUD is currently hovering around 90 US cents.. I remember a few years back when it was around 50-60 cents...
eek.gif

x2

Though there's always an option of purchasing some of the currency now while our dollar is faring well vs USD
wink.gif
. Can't wait for the 3 to come out! (Though I guess i'll have to - UM2s until then though
tongue.gif
)

Oct 7, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #1,534 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the quick answer Flavio. Unfortunately, customs fees are not free, but if I don't find a Canadian reseller I'll probably order from you.
cool.gif

Actually 99% of our customers that request "International MAIL" don't pay any tax.

When you request FedEx then it's a sure thing but with MAIL the chances of getting hit by customs is actually pretty slim (at least for the size and weight of our packages).
rs1smile.gif
I think customs is handled differently when it goes via Postal.

Oct 7, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #1,535 of 2,524
I just stumbled upon this thread. I had been considering a UE-11 but I don't think a custom-fit is for me. I'm always in a situation where I have to do quick in and outs of IEMs. I was just about to pull the trigger on UE-Triple-Fis when I started reading about Westone. How do they compare?

Oct 7, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #1,536 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Doug,
Needless to say you were missed!
CANT WAIT!!!!
cool.gif

I got goose bumps on top of goose bumps!
3, [size=medium]3[/size], [size=x-large]3[/size][size=xx-large]![/size]

Todd, i look fwd to your spending time with these and comparing them to the ue10pros (and ue11s also?)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just stumbled upon this thread. I had been considering a UE-11 but I don't think a custom-fit is for me. I'm always in a situation where I have to do quick in and outs of IEMs. I was just about to pull the trigger on UE-Triple-Fis when I started reading about Westone. How do they compare?

earlier on in the thread there were a series of impressions posted. iamoneagain has custom ues, iirc, and mentioned them in comparison.

Oct 7, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #1,537 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavio T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually 99% of our customers that request "International MAIL" don't pay any tax.
When you request FedEx then it's a sure thing but with MAIL the chances of getting hit by customs is actually pretty slim (at least for the size and weight of our packages).
rs1smile.gif

I've ordered from Earphonesolutions twice (to the UK) and didn't get hit by customs. Not only that, the first package (free international shipping) arrived with the week - and the second package (standard international shipping) turned up within five days. Pretty impressive.

Oct 8, 2007 at 11:20 AM Post #1,541 of 2,524
I will get my iPod Touch next week...then of course I need new earphones aswell...

The Westone 3 really looks awesome, but can I wait a few extra months?

In other words: Can I survive the Apple earbuds for a few months?

NO WAY!

So what should I do...

buy the q-JAYS? They seem to be very good value, but then I won't have money to spend on Westone 3's when they finally come out.

Anyone got an idea??
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #1,542 of 2,524
there are lots of nice buds or iems that you could score on the fs forum and then sell at little loss when the 3s do arrive (eg. im716s, etys, shures, atrios, westones etc etc)

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #1,545 of 2,524
I'm kind of torn right now between waiting for these or giving custom treatment to my ER4S. I'm in love with the Etys, but I read in some of the very few reviews of the Westone 3 that they were kinda Grado-like, something that can't be said about many IEMs...

Did anybody ever compare the 3 with the Etys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back