Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Mar 21, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #12,061 of 14,284
Uhh... People don't really like the new Tudor chrono. I can see why.

Di8uuIa.jpg

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #12,065 of 14,284
My new timepiece in my collection.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 28, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #12,067 of 14,284
Just thought I'd share...

c2ecfe216f8fd42af8306618c460ad2d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I like the simplicity of that baby
biggrin.gif

Master @moedawg140 "G", have you seen the King Mudslinger (aka Mudmaster) out on MassD? Pod likes it
tongue_smile.gif

Sporting the old Apex of the Orient persuasion today
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif
(Hot Sumatran in my Yeti this morning)

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #12,069 of 14,284
  What's everyone's take on the new watches revealed at Baselworld?  There may be a few that have not been shown yet, but so far I'm not impressed.  I bought 2 of the best from last year and are very happy with them both.

I really like the new Grand Seikos, although I'm not a fan of their higher price. Hopefully the non-limited editions are cheaper, and keep up the good looks. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #12,070 of 14,284

I like the simplicity of that baby
biggrin.gif

Master @moedawg140 "G", have you seen the King Mudslinger (aka Mudmaster) out on MassD? Pod likes it
tongue_smile.gif

Sporting the old Apex of the Orient persuasion today
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif
(Hot Sumatran in my Yeti this morning)

Not a bad drop, my friend, but not the ultimate best.  The Mudmaster on Massdrop ships April 24, while you can get the same exact awesome Mudmaster on another website and have it in your hands for the same price in a few days.  Other colors are cheaper than Massdrop on another website as well.

For Massdrop to offer it though, I think that's cool - definitely their best G-Shock watch drop, to date, in my opinion.

I really want a Mudmaster, but haven't pulled the trigger yet - maybe I'll spring for one when I can catch hold of Dillard's once a year 40% off sale. 
normal_smile .gif

Hope all is well, bro! 
beerchug.gif

Cheers

Mar 29, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #12,071 of 14,284

Not a bad drop, my friend, but not the ultimate best.  The Mudmaster on Massdrop ships April 24, while you can get the same exact awesome Mudmaster on another website and have it in your hands for the same price in a few days.  Other colors are cheaper than Massdrop on another website as well.

For Massdrop to offer it though, I think that's cool - definitely their best G-Shock watch drop, to date, in my opinion.

I really want a Mudmaster, but haven't pulled the trigger yet - maybe I'll spring for one when I can catch hold of Dillard's once a year 40% off sale. 
normal_smile%20.gif

Hope all is well, bro! 
beerchug.gif

Cheers

I knew you would be on top of who had the best price and where to go Moe
wink_face.gif
I like it as well but just dropped $350 out on AliEx today with this crazy 7th anniversary sale going on so no watch/s right now
frown.gif
Funny you mention Dillard's as my best friend is shipping/receiving manager at the NLR store here plus he and his wife are in our dinner club. She's the best because every time Dillard's is going to do the 40% off of the already marked down items we know days in advance
bigsmile_face.gif
So then I go find what I like and then let my buddy get them which ends up being like a 60% off deal
tongue_smile.gif

Been recovering and doing well, hope the same for you and your's
beerchug.gif
Prosit

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #12,072 of 14,284
  What's everyone's take on the new watches revealed at Baselworld?  There may be a few that have not been shown yet, but so far I'm not impressed.  I bought 2 of the best from last year and are very happy with them both.

A bit underwhelmed actually...
Oris -- Meh!
Tudor -- Meh!
Omega - Kind of more of the same.

I'm not saying all of these sucked, but they didn't deliver for me. Just more variations. Although some good-looking (like the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean “Big Blue” all-ceramic), $10k, for mostly the same as what they already have doesn't really grab me.

Of note though for me:

Rolex Cellini, probably the most beautiful watch on the show... definitely out of reach for me, but definitely gorgeous moonphase with excellent bezel, great looking dial, etc. etc.

Bulgari:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/27/fashion/mens-style/bulgari-sets-a-watch-record-for-thinnest-self-winding-watch.html?_r=0

U-BOAT Classico Bronze

Casio G-Shock Gravitymaster GPW2000-1A (smaller than the GPW1000?! YAAAYY!!!)

All Sinn cause... well, SINN RULES! :p

But as mentioned, a lot is kind of 'more of the same' and at insane prices (I mean, look at Nomos... 4k for the same thing in different colors basically, Really?!?! Tag... same comments could apply here, as well as Breitling, etc.)

Probably why I'm enjoying micros more and more. Original watches, or 'homages' with their own details, etc. at decent prices with either workhorse movements from Miyota or ETA.

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #12,073 of 14,284
Wow, some fantastic watches in here. I'll have to go back in this thread and go through all posts.

I am not very active on HeadFi, but I consider this forum an invaluable resource whenever I need to refresh my audio setup. Without your contributions I probably wouldn't have been able to find the best audio options for me. Right now I'm happy with IE7, IE80, HD518, HD600, Sansa, FiiO X1 plus an old Technics system that still plays my CDs and cassette tapes. :)

Anyway, back to watches..

How it started:

It wanted a brother:

And then, there were three:

Really love all of them!

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #12,074 of 14,284
Welcome @candlejack and how could one not love all of those beauty's
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back