Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Apr 4, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #9,376 of 14,283
Black with the gold trim ...." SWAG" ....muahahahahahahahahaahha

Lucky devil you ...cheers

Thanks for the vote!  I am truly blessed/lucky/whatever floats your boat. 
bigsmile_face.gif

I

I second that motion your honor:smirk:

Thanks for the vote as well!

Hey where in Vegas did you find that watch? Id love to see that watch along with a few other G Shocks/Protreks in person before I buy.

I am assuming you meant the black with rose gold trim MT-G?  I found it at the Fashion Show Mall.  So... which MT-G would you choose, the black or silver one?  The picture of the black and silver MT-Gs was taken last night at the South Coast Plaza Mall - Tourneau.

Apr 4, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #9,377 of 14,283
You said the same spring drive, those are the credor, you probably meant the direct drive which is the seiko.

Check out http://www.seikospringdrive.com.

The Spring Drive has always been for Seiko branded watches.  Seiko uses it is several different models, in several of their lines: Grand Seiko, Prospex, Galante, Ananta, Izul and Credor.  There are something like 12 different spring drive calibers in current production.

Apr 4, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #9,379 of 14,283
You have some really cool looking watches in your collection Rick. I too like the small seconds:smile:

Apr 4, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #9,380 of 14,283
I'm just about to click 'buy' on this handsome beast.
Anyone have this exact model? Diver 300 M Co-Axial Chronograph 41.5 mm. 212.30.42.50.01.001
I'm curious about your thoughts about it... weight, thickness, etc.

Apr 4, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #9,381 of 14,283
  I'm just about to click 'buy' on this handsome beast.
Anyone have this exact model? Diver 300 M Co-Axial Chronograph 41.5 mm. 212.30.42.50.01.001
I'm curious about your thoughts about it... weight, thickness, etc.

I had an Racing America’s Cup Chronograph - it had a Regatta time and was bigger than the regular chrono - 44mm and something like 16mm think.  It was a hefty watch, especially for a guy like me with pretty small wrists.  The proportion was good (height vs diameter) so it worked despite its size.  It was a hefty watch and you will likely always be aware of it on your wrist especially if primarily wear lighter watches.  I would recommend getting something like a Hadley Roma silicon or rubber strap for a an inexpensive way to lighten the watch (although it may make it a bit top heavy.

I say go for it.  It's a marvelous chrono.

Apr 5, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #9,382 of 14,283
  I had an Racing America’s Cup Chronograph - it had a Regatta time and was bigger than the regular chrono - 44mm and something like 16mm think.  It was a hefty watch, especially for a guy like me with pretty small wrists.  The proportion was good (height vs diameter) so it worked despite its size.  It was a hefty watch and you will likely always be aware of it on your wrist especially if primarily wear lighter watches.  I would recommend getting something like a Hadley Roma silicon or rubber strap for a an inexpensive way to lighten the watch (although it may make it a bit top heavy.

I say go for it.  It's a marvelous chrono.

Ha, indeed a heavy beast. And I did... ordered it earlier this afternoon. It might be available for pick up next weekend.
Pretty excited. First new middle-tier watch in a long while. 
tongue.gif

I've been wanting a co-axial ever since they debuted several years ago. And they finally brought these down to 41.4mm. Nice size.

Apr 5, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #9,384 of 14,283

Check out http://www.seikospringdrive.com.

The Spring Drive has always been for Seiko branded watches.  Seiko uses it is several different models, in several of their lines: Grand Seiko, Prospex, Galante, Ananta, Izul and Credor.  There are something like 12 different spring drive calibers in current production.

I know about those springdrive, I was referring to this post; http://www.head-fi.org/t/70190/watches-another-passion-of-ours-it-seems-post-your-pics/9330#post_11467446
Where there is a pictures of the credor springdrive and one of a direct drive moonphase premiere..

Apr 5, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #9,386 of 14,283
Apr 5, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #9,387 of 14,283
So, browsing the "Affordables" section on WUS, I noted these new pre-production watches (probably coming to Kickstarter soon):

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/should-follow-bull-we-want-your-input-stuckx-driver-1642106.html

With the meca-quartz, it should be a cool watch all around.
I'm also following their next watch:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/stuckx-bullhead-feedback-leading-launch-thread-1404338.html

I think they are good designs and good movements as well and their prices are not eye-gouging. :wink:

Apr 5, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #9,388 of 14,283
Speaking of Meca-quartz...

Apr 5, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #9,389 of 14,283
Apr 5, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #9,390 of 14,283
Shane, that IWC is gorgeous. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back