Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 3/6/15 at 9:09am in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 3/11/15 at 3:37pm in Music
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 623
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some really amazing pieces. I've always been a fan of the 5016. Amazing piece. I've seen it in person and it is surprisingly thick. I've been lucky enough to also have held the Hybris Mechanica. It's a giant but an absolute marvel.
That's a very unique De Bethune - I didn't know a Quetzalcoatl version existed! I've seen photos of a Mayan version, but this one is totally off the wall. It it must be really something in person.
Here are the ones that I would like to have in my collection...
Hublot Classic Fusion Haute Joaillerie
"...limited to only eight pieces, earns its $1 million price tag with the 1,185 baguette diamonds covering every surface of the watch, from the case and bracelet to the openworked dial. For the case alone, a 15-person team had to perform 1,800 hours of cutting and 200 hours of dimensional checking and quality control. Certainly one of the most expensive watches ever made by Hublot."
Greubel Forsey Art Piece 1
"...was revealed at the 2013 SIHH, and quickly rose to the upper echelon of the “most expensive watches ever made” rankings, with a price of CHF 1.5 million (approximately $1.6 million). The watch’s standout feature is the nanosculpture by artist Willard Wigan in the crown. The Art Piece 1 also has an inclined tourbillon."
Richard Mille Tourbillon RM 56-02 Sapphire
"...combines the tripartite sapphire case of the RM 56-01 with the brand’s revolutionary “cabled movement” design. Click here for more info on Richard Mille’s most expensive watch yet, which breaks not only the $1 million barrier but the $2 million one as well, priced at a cool $2,020,000."
and of course, the watch that is one of the most expensive watches ever:
A. Lange & Söhne Grand Complication
"...unveiled at SIHH 2013, is priced at a staggering 1.92 million euros (approximately $2,497,000 in U.S. currency). The Grand Complication features a grand sonnerie and petit sonnerie in addition to a minute repeater, a monopusher chronograph with a split-seconds function and jumping seconds, and a perpetual calendar with a moon-phase display."
...I would rather own one of these exquisite timepieces, and then sell it. I would use the money to purchase/build a dream home, purchase my mother a home, and also donate some to the wrestling team that I coach.
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 55 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Using a DAP as a DAC for a desktop amp 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2