VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Nov 14, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #1,216 of 2,003
  Hey people if you have the Sony MH1C tips GO TRY THEM OUT ON THESE VSD1 LEs!!! O.O

I take no credit for this lil' discovery. Sounds pretty damn interesting. LoL

Yeah, you should take no credit - I did this more than a year ago with the gr07 and also commented about it when the VSD1 came out. To be honest though I prefer all three versions of VSD1 with the single-flange stock tips that come installed on them. That's the first time I actually prefer a vsonic iem with the stock tips on.

What? The serial number is on the left, there's a bump on the right, and everything is reversed if I use the earguides?

What's the uncoded bottom line -- what do I have to do to get the right channel earphone on my right ear, please?

Thanks.

It's not rocket science - if you can't tell by the positioning in your music you can use a sound test to confirm, which is left and which is right. http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php

Nov 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #1,217 of 2,003
Just arrived out-of-the-box impressions for the LE:

-- Fast shipping.

-- No tracking number and no response to emails.

-- Build: Adequate; wires seem thin and short.

-- Fit: Decent enough with double flanges. Rest of included tips don't fit me. Wearer must be an investigative reporter to determine right from left.

-- Sound: Still breaking in but sounds pretty good. Dylan sounds appropriately nasal. Sam Cooke's 'What a Wonderful World" still moves me.

Addendum: Even the double flanges don't fit well enough for commuting.

Nov 14, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #1,218 of 2,003
  Yeah, you should take no credit - I did this more than a year ago with the gr07 and also commented about it when the VSD1 came out. To be honest though I prefer all three versions of VSD1 with the single-flange stock tips that come installed on them. That's the first time I actually prefer a vsonic iem with the stock tips on.

It's not rocket science - if you can't tell by the positioning in your music you can use a sound test to confirm, which is left and which is right. http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php

^ Way to be the credit hog, but yeah the MH1C tips makes the sound even more thick, bassier with slightly more warmth to it which isn't bad but it has less clarity, resolution and speed as you get with the pre-installed stock black tips.

Those stock black tips sounds the best for me as well.
beerchug.gif

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #1,219 of 2,003
  To be honest though I prefer all three versions of VSD1 with the single-flange stock tips that come installed on them. That's the first time I actually prefer a vsonic iem with the stock tips on.

With the LE's, I got 3 pairs of single-flange stock tips and 1 pair of double flanged tips. I like the large single-flange tips.

With the VSD1's, I don't think that I got the large single-flange tips. Did you get them? If so, then I suppose I lost mine.

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #1,220 of 2,003

With the LE's, I got 3 pairs of single-flange stock tips and 1 pair of double flanged tips. I like the large single-flange tips.

With the VSD1's, I don't think that I got the large single-flange tips. Did you get them? If so, then I suppose I lost mine.

Yeah, I did. With the VSD1/S I got the 3 pairs of single flange tips, the bi-flanges and the 4 pairs of foam tips. With the LE I got the same silicone tips and only one pair of red foam tips, which seem to be very slightly different than the VSD1/s' ones but I'm not 100% sure - not that I'll be using them. Anyway, the silicone tips are the standard vsonic stock tips, so I already have a whole bunch of them from other vsonics, so I have plenty of spare tips.

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #1,221 of 2,003
  Yeah, I did. With the VSD1/S I got the 3 pairs of single flange tips, the bi-flanges and the 4 pairs of foam tips. With the LE I got the same silicone tips and only one pair of red foam tips

Vsonic's standard accessories for VSD1/S are all same,like 4 foam tips. But LE doesn't carry 4 foamy pairs as standard, as part of cost cutting like they offering LEs very cheap(1/3 price of GR07). Seems only few get additional of 1or 2 pairs foamies like u got a pair and I "2" pairs, that too lucky randomized?? not sure it's Vsonic QA fault either.......

not sure how many LE owners received foamies like us?
beerchug.gif
lucky us. waiting for our master troll's response.

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #1,222 of 2,003
  Vsonic's standard accessories for VSD1/S are all same,like 4 foam tips. But LE doesn't carry 4 foamy pairs as standard, as part of cost cutting like they offering LEs very cheap(1/3 price of GR07). Seems only few get additional of 1or 2 pairs foamies like u got a pair and I "2" pairs, that too lucky randomized?? not sure it's Vsonic QA fault either.......

not sure how many LE owners received foamies like us?
beerchug.gif
lucky us. waiting for our master troll's response.

Well, I don't use these foam tips, so I wouldn't be disappointed if I didn't get any with the LE coz I have also VSD and VSD1S, so now I have 9 pairs of these foamies that I don't use.

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #1,223 of 2,003
I really like the sound of the FXT90's and wondered if someone could recommend which one of the V-sonics to get?
Reading through the thread, I'm liking what I'm hearing, especially for the price.. but wondered which would be better. 

The VSD1 or VSD1S?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nov 15, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #1,224 of 2,003
  I really like the sound of the FXT90's and wondered if someone could recommend which one of the V-sonics to get?
Reading through the thread, I'm liking what I'm hearing, especially for the price.. but wondered which would be better. 

The VSD1 or VSD1S?

Any help would be appreciated.

Well, the difference between VSD1 and VSD1S is not that big. I'll say the VSD1S.

Nov 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #1,226 of 2,003
Nov 16, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #1,228 of 2,003
Didnt like how the LEs sound right out of box, though the headroom is immense!

At the 50-60 hour mark now, the veil i heard when they are fresh out of box is disappearing :D

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #1,229 of 2,003

At the 50-60 hour mark now, the veil i heard when they are fresh out of box is disappearing
biggrin.gif

^ Another one sips that Troll-Aid.

Don't worry there's plenty to go around.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I actually would have liked if the notes remained slightly more thick after burn-in, but hey it has more finesse with a leaner and meaner sound.

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #1,230 of 2,003

At the 50-60 hour mark now, the veil i heard when they are fresh out of box is disappearing
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm pretty impressed with them. Once I get a good seal and fairly deep insertion, I am welcomed with a beautifully balanced, full and non-fatiguing sound. Very nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back