Venture Electronics RA2BFE Impressions and discussion.
Feb 15, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #61 of 106
Now if you do the opposite and remove the amplifier you will notice that the sound in the Timeless will suddenly become empty... when I did it the first time I was dumbfounded... When you go to improve you don't notice everything that it happens... when you go back you have a much more precise situation and you immediately realize what's missing... in a couple of days try going back and you'll see... lol
I will try some combinations in some time.
You are using a Shanling UA4 as DAC to improve synergy with the Timeless, correct?

Feb 15, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #62 of 106
If I were you I would now proceed calmly... considering that the Prime DAC is certainly a valid device (certainly at the level of an excellent dongle like the UA4) and I would raise the funds to directly get the definitive dongle without intermediate steps which in the end will give you they will steal the necessary funds. The definitive dongle is definitely the iBasso DC-Elite that I'm trying out these days and I assure you that it is far superior to all the others and by a lot. Once you have collected the amount necessary to purchase it, do it without any hesitation, because with the RA2BFE and the DC-Elite you will have a combo at the level of the best daps on the market (3k/4k euros) and I'm not joking. In the meantime, read the thread dedicated to the Elite and get an idea of what those who have purchased it think about it and above all what they compare it with and with what results. I don't think it's time to spend money on intermediate steps when you can have the ultimate combo. Then you decide.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...c06-pro-dc-elite.967987/page-47#post-17973119

Feb 16, 2024 at 5:20 AM Post #63 of 106
This is the definitive setup for me...

1) PulWtop step-down switching (or alternatively iBasso CB19 cable + powerbank)
2) iBasso DC-ELITE
3) Venture Electronics RA-2BFE
3) PULA PA02

elitera2bfe.jpg

Feb 16, 2024 at 7:54 AM Post #65 of 106
Because it greatly increases the potential of any dongle you connect to it in terms of cleanliness of reproduction and quantity and quality of amplification. It practically provides all the current that the dongle requires instantly and in fact there is a display that shows you the current consumption at that precise moment. From the display we can read that very often the dongles exceed the 0.5 watt supplied by the USB of a normal computer and by a lot the current supplied by a phone/tablet (even the RU7 very often exceeds one watt of absorption). More current for a dongle means an exponential increase in its performance. In addition to this, it physically separates the signal from the current inside the USB and allows me to use it both with a tablet/mobile phone (from which the dongle no longer absorbs current) and with a computer because the USB ports of a computer cannot be powered by external devices will otherwise be damaged.

Feb 18, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #66 of 106
@Neithan
I wanted to know some opinions on the Prime Dac, if you have compared it with other DACs and how it performs. While for RA2BFE I have no doubt that you are liking it.

Feb 18, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #67 of 106
@Neithan
I wanted to know some opinions on the Prime Dac, if you have compared it with other DACs and how it performs. While for RA2BFE I have no doubt that you are liking it.
I have the Fiio M11S DAP and a Jcally AP10 DAC/AMP.
What I can comment for now is that the Prime DAC has a much more clean background noise when compared with the M11S.
When used alone, the Fiio, M11S has a ver.y clean background noise. I don't recall hearing nothing, but when used with the ADV AMP I always heard a lot of background noise. I always thought the AMP.
I was shocked when this week I connected the Prime DAC to the ADV AMP and the noise was almost non existent.
So this is the first difference between the M11S and the Prime DAC.
The other one is the timber.
The prime is a little more warm sounding than the M11S. Not to much, just in the perfect spot to be called, neutral.
I also think is more capable of more detail retrieval, but I need more time with him to be sure about that.
I can't compare with the AP10 because I don't listen to them in a couple of months.
What I can say for sure is.
If someone wants a very good combo to elevate the Timeless, the Prime DAC + ADV AMP is a solid choice. You will have a very clean and detailed sound, surrounded by a warmness that give tham a very powerful sound.

Feb 19, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #68 of 106
What you wrote matches perfectly with Andy's impressions (donglemadness) in his review of the Prime Dac and I have no doubt that after the run-in (the usual 100 hours) it will be even better. This is also why I told you not to spend any more money on high-end dongles, but to scrape together what you need to directly purchase a miniature DX320 MAX TI, namely the DC-Elite. That will be the definitive DAC that will add to what you are listening to now an even greater extension in both bass and treble and an incredible amount of detail. :wink:

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #69 of 106
What you wrote matches perfectly with Andy's impressions (donglemadness) in his review of the Prime Dac and I have no doubt that after the run-in (the usual 100 hours) it will be even better. This is also why I told you not to spend any more money on high-end dongles, but to scrape together what you need to directly purchase a miniature DX320 MAX TI, namely the DC-Elite. That will be the definitive DAC that will add to what you are listening to now an even greater extension in both bass and treble and an incredible amount of detail. :wink:
What suprise me the most right now is the sheer power of the combo Prime DAC+ ADV AMP...
I'm listening to Sicario OST with my Xeens Top and the rumble is insane!
It's like having subwoofers in my ears

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #70 of 106
:darthsmile:

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #71 of 106
What suprise me the most right now is the sheer power of the combo Prime DAC+ ADV AMP...
I'm listening to Sicario OST with my Xeens Top and the rumble is insane!
It's like having subwoofers in my ears
Yes, but it doesn't add anything of its own... it just brings out what the iems/headphones already have and which you couldn't hear before. That's the best part... it doesn't have any coloring, but it changes everything anyway.

Feb 19, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #72 of 106
Yes, but it doesn't add anything of its own... it just brings out what the iems/headphones already have and which you couldn't hear before. That's the best part... it doesn't have any coloring, but it changes everything anyway.
In this combo the colouring is done solely by the AMP, that makes the overall sound warmer.
With the Timeless is almost perfect... With the Top, is a bit much in some tracks

Feb 19, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #73 of 106
Top?

Feb 19, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #75 of 106
Ah... Ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back