Venture Electronics RA2BFE Impressions and discussion.
Nov 25, 2023 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 106

Polky74

Headphoneus Supremus
1677727056507_-547020517.jpg

Hi, I'm getting this little portable amplifier and I wanted to know if any of you who own and use it would like to share your impressions. I was looking for something like the two-chassis amplifier from Aroma Audio or something like the CEntrance Ampersand... but obviously both are considerably more expensive than this one and so I wanted to try to buy it, even if there aren't many reviews or discussions on it online.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 106
AliExpress has a $50 coupon for that currently. With coins and cash back on a card you could get the price really reasonable.
I've got a Topping L30/E30 II stack and I'd check to compare specs. It would have to be really good to compete with that pair.

Nov 26, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #3 of 106
AliExpress has a $50 coupon for that currently. With coins and cash back on a card you could get the price really reasonable.
I've got a Topping L30/E30 II stack and I'd check to compare specs. It would have to be really good to compete with that pair.
I purchased it directly on the Venture Electronics website, paying around 300 euros (shipped).

Dec 11, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #4 of 106
veclan.jpg

Landed...
3 Watts per channel into 32 ohms... tested on Monarch 112db no hiss or background noise... completely black... first test passed!!!

Dec 11, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #5 of 106
Very often, I for one, forget that sound is not just about volume... the excellent UA3 calmly drives the Monarchs thanks to their sensitivity up to unbearable volumes, but when connected to an amplifier like this, you immediately realize what the iems lack... everything else. The volume is one thing... the body is another thing... a whole other thing... and now I finally have the chance to listen to the IEMs with the right verve and with an amplifier that doesn't force me to power socket. No more or less than what I wanted to achieve without spending big bucks... now I also understand those who, despite having DAPs worth thousands of euros, use devices like these instead of using amplifications which, however sophisticated and expensive, cannot in the slightest rival a small object like this one (300 euros).

Dec 11, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #6 of 106
One review on Aliexpress says Organic analog sound and cuaghtup my attention, Curios to hear your experience perhaps trying to drive full size headphones by chance?

I was thinking of possibly Cayin Ru7 balanced line out to feed this amp, my headphones are dynamic 26-80 Ohms, 102 db sensitivity which should not pose an issue as such is my thinking, Except the Ru7 does not output 4V line out which may play into the gain abilities on the amp but I could be wrong...

Dec 11, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #7 of 106
One review on Aliexpress says Organic analog sound and cuaghtup my attention, Curios to hear your experience perhaps trying to drive full size headphones by chance?

I was thinking of possibly Cayin Ru7 balanced line out to feed this amp, my headphones are dynamic 26-80 Ohms, 102 db sensitivity which should not pose an issue as such is my thinking, Except the Ru7 does not output 4V line out which may play into the gain abilities on the amp but I could be wrong...

ru7.jpg

Right now I'm using it with RU7... it felt like you were watching me... lol

Dec 11, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #8 of 106
For now I'm trying it with various iems, tomorrow I'll do some tests with HE1000 Stealth and HD800S and see how it behaves... for now the iems fly... but I had no doubts about this. My concern was with very efficient IEMs because the previous versions had high output impedances but this one seems to be perfect... but the thing I like most is that it has no coloration so it gives you back everything that the DAC sends it. For me this is the most important thing... listening to the real voice of my dongles without applying any special modification or coloring to them.

Dec 11, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #9 of 106
A bit of hiss is noticeable with the lowest impedance IEMs I have, the Mest MKII (12.3 ohm) but still more than acceptable and nothing that affects its enjoyment. Perhaps it could be a problem with IEMs with even lower impedance (Campfire) but with the Unique Melody no listening problems.

Dec 11, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #11 of 106
The RU7 with switching power supply (hub) and with RAB2FE amplification now has very little to envy of top-level DAPs... its stage enlarged by the amplifier and rendered by the UM Mest MKIIs (also famous for their breadth of the sound stage) is a truly unique experience to try. Agnes Obel's voice and her reverberations in the air enter you, leaving you with an emotion that is difficult to describe... truly a very high level of listening that has nothing to envy of much more expensive implementations.

Dec 11, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #12 of 106
The amplifier is really well made and you notice it immediately... as well as for the sound also from the fact that, despite its 3 watts per channel it has a volume knob with a good range of action even on IEMs with low impedances and high efficiency. The Mest MKIIs sound wonderfully and calmly at 9:00... no imbalance between the channels, but just a lot of substance, three-dimensionality and the right amplification that the RU7 uses, expressing even heavier notes, a denser sound and a definition unattainable with the use only of one's own amplification system, although not at all despicable. But a RU7 with switching power supply, if you see in the photo it is absorbing 1.3 watts right now which no phone/tablet/pc USB port could give it and with high level amplification it becomes a completely different thing from what it was intended for thought and designed.

ru72.jpg

Dec 12, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #13 of 106
You have no idea what this combination is capable of... truly an excellent synergy. The ifi GO bar supplies a voltage to the RA2BFE that makes it fly... and it makes the Hidizs MP145 fly.

ifive.jpg

Dec 12, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #14 of 106
You have no idea what this combination is capable of... truly an excellent synergy. The ifi GO bar supplies a voltage to the RA2BFE that makes it fly... and it makes the Hidizs MP145 fly.

ifive.jpg

Hi, it all seems very tempting, can I ask you if you have had the opportunity to make comparisons with other amps such as C9, Mass kobe 475, tsuranagi etc..and what Dap have you heard/owned?I had RU7, excellent dongle but not at all at the level of an old Cowon PL or a Cayin N7..

Dec 13, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #15 of 106
Hi, it all seems very tempting, can I ask you if you have had the opportunity to make comparisons with other amps such as C9, Mass kobe 475, tsuranagi etc..and what Dap have you heard/owned?I had RU7, excellent dongle but not at all at the level of an old Cowon PL or a Cayin N7..
I have not tried other amplifiers, especially at the cost of the ones you mentioned, but this amplifier was recommended to me on this forum by an Italian friend like us who previously sold a C9 which had disappointed him and instead uses this one with extreme satisfaction .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back